Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A Step By Step Guide To Being Popular On Anime Forums. - Minitokyo

A Step By Step Guide To Being Popular On Anime Forums.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 67 total items

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

I mean no offence by this, I saw it on another forum and thought it was funny!!

1. Be Asian.

Undoubtedly the most important step. If you're Asian (particularly a female Asian), you've got it made; you won't need to do a single thing to be popular. Everyone will want to be your friend. It doesn't matter if you have absolutely no personality at all, either.

Note: this only applies to anime forums that mainly populated by Americans, or people of any other English speaking nation.

Note 2: If you can't be Asian, act Asian (see step 5).

2. Compare Yourself With Cool Anime Characters.

Do this as often as possible. The more you compare yourself with the favourable characteristics (or even unfavourable characteristics, it doesn't seem to matter much), the more people will think you are like their anime idols (even though you know you're just kidding yourself).

3. Be "Depressed".

Post about this often, so that it gives gulliable posters the opportunity to comfort you. This works better if you're a female, because for some reason most males on anime forums seem to like sad females (whereas most females on anime forums like the "cool, lead character that is perverted" archetype).

4. Post A Lot Of Pictures Of Yourself.

This only works if you're not ugly or fat. If you're ugly or fat, you can make up for this by posting revealing images of yourself in Japanese attire (kimonos, for example). The Forum Males will be bowing at your feet. This can work for males, but you have to make sure that you are wearing the following in such photos:

* No shirt.
* At least one earing; the more piercings, the better.
* A stupid, contrieved, "evil" grin.
* Eye shadow.
* Appropriate hair (i.e. long, flowing hair, those stupid little spikes, or hair that is dyed strange colours).

5. Use Japanese Language In Regular Conversation.

Or any other Asian language (they all appear the same to 99% of the non-Japanese-speaking Online Users). Slip a "baka" or the occasional Asian proverb in. Don't worry about it not making any sense at all to randomly place Asian words into English sentences. Making sense is not what popularity on Anime Forums is about at all.

6. Be A Pervert.

Only works if you're a female, or an extremely attractive male. Apparently just talking about sex on an anime forum makes one a pervert, since most Anime Forums Users are giggly little teenagers who can't say "penis" without laughing themselves to death.

7. Be A Pseudo-A**hole Who Has A Sense Of Superiority Over Everyone Else On The Forum.

Most Forums Users can't fill this roll effectively, so needless to say, you may not always come across this character everywhere you go.

This position is currently filled. Pi ss off.

8. Be Random.

Constantly spout unintelligble, irrelevant bullshit with every post you make. for some reason, most Forum Users enjoy this, often finding it humourous.

9. Be Evil/Contemplate World Domination.

For some reason these long standing cliches still seem to prove effective at gaining popularity points with Anime Forum Users. If you're somehow afriad of these "Evil" people, don't be; they're little more than fluffy ducklings who are attempting to appear like their (usually anime) idol. About the closets most of these people get to being evil is drinking straight out of the milk carton.

Follow these rules, and you'll be the King of the forum.

Signature

OnePiece Fan

If you can't be Asian, act Asian

wow,it's really classic :D this topic......wonderful~

Signature

groovybluesgirl

groovybluesgirl

Groovy Girl

*ROLF*
Very funny!
Thanks for sharing ^_^

{ D.N.Angel Fans } [b]{ Gackt Fans } { My Gallery } { My latest Wallpaper Ice & Dark } [b]
Signature Image
[b]{The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.}
[/b][/b][/b]

failure

failure

I screwed up again

3. Be "Depressed"

Username: failure. Check!

8. Be Random.

Basketballs grow hair. Frotz the lart. I grok udev on Friday while grepping exports.

Well two out of nine isn't ba-- wait, that's terrible. Oh I am *so* depressed *sigh*

**Insert witty siqnature line here.** || "Interesting anime quote" -- Cool Anime Character, Nifty Anime
Signature

lmao nice post, some of its sad but true lol

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

I forgot a few: #10-Become an cool egyptian godlike mod like our loveable osiris...Rofl!!!

#11-Make cool walls with half-naked anime girls on them!!
#12-Have the words elite member added to your name...Xd

Signature

Sicaria

guild scion

Lmao hilarious post. It's amazing how much of that stuff is actually true. Especially that random part, I wonder how many ppl actually realize they do it ~_~...

My only comfort is the night gone black...

5. Use Japanese Language In Regular Conversation.

Or any other Asian language (they all appear the same to 99% of the non-Japanese-speaking Online Users). Slip a "baka" or the occasional Asian proverb in. Don't worry about it not making any sense at all to randomly place Asian words into English sentences. Making sense is not what popularity on Anime Forums is about at all.

An easy ticket into my "lol" list. Especially if the words I actually understand aren't used properly.

Random Asian quote: "If you meet Buddha on the way, kill him."
*popularity skyrockets by .0003%*

Quote by Miroku4444
#12-Have the words elite member added to your name...Xd

...and spell it as 733t.

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

rofl!! :D haha, wat funniness! ima female asian, i guess i got it made, lol. i agree with the random thing, it's true. rofl, thanx for posting this :D hehe...

Signature

lol funny :D i actually do some of that stuff >_>

Signature

Wow... that was awesome. Looks like I'm screwed though.....puuuuuuuuuu..................

reesha

reesha

the dream catcher

i saw your post in other place also....:)
anyway, it is kindda funny......lol

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

lol - Amen - I fit in so many of the categories, no doubt. lmao

And randomness? I do that often too - it works indeed, quite true.

Plus being the overly-attractive uber cute girl that I am - @_@

I must be a natural born talent. ROFL... well said. ^_^

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Damn, I fit most of the bill, but how come I am still an unkown figure in the online community. Maybe I am not depressed or egotistic enough, got to start training my given ability or useless character. :D

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

These tips only applies to attention whores. XD

Other than being an Asian, I don't fit all the descriptions mentioned. I like being myself, thanx very much.

I have decided to revamp my image. Henceforth I will be a Sasuke-like suicidal ecchi who thinks he's the greatest man alive. pineapple! I also did some homework and there is an off chance I may be 1/128th Korean.

Boy that makes sence. To bad i stopped posting on AN

Lover, never a fighter.
(#1 Itchan Fan) Battle Athletes

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

ahah lol :nya: .... hum not asian, but i've got some vietnamese blood... so i can still be popular !!.... hum as for a comparison, i'd say keitaro !!
i am not depressed yet, though this might come after the exams.... and no picture of me yet (though i have this long hair ahah XP )
for the rest i don't know, maybe the perv thing ^_^'

but this seems to apply a lot for xandman !! ahah hope he doesn't come here *runs away* :pacman:

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

**Points to many of the posters above** - haha - sometimes it doesn't work for you guys because the majority of the people here are male - and look at me, the only vocal girl of its kind.

Haha - that's why the magic will never work for some of you peeps. So neh neh **Laughs at those who are daring to seek attention**

Go post in some pantsu thread - that'll get the peeps all jiggered up. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

lol, now you've made my day ;D

but really, why try to be popular on forums? ;P

lol... it's funny because it's true... <_< >_> ;)

In the olden days, the forum I frequent most wasn't like that, people got popular for no apparent reason (I guess most people then weren't Otaku enough to care about half of those things), but in the past year or two it's become much more like that. I have no idea why. O_o

rofl!!!! XD wuahaahahah
some funny tricks XD wuahahahah
hmzz....acting like pervert........-_-"...............LOL??????
hmz.....i'm asian......not fat...(my weight is too light for my length XD)but don't want to put my photo on here XD...mayB later xd....... uhmm comparing with some characters.....seems a bit stupid XD...but...it's funny =D ....ow...being depressed.....that's a stupid one XD...but it works sometimes....i think XD...japanese conversation.....haha.....I can't see the results XD.....and the rest......no comment XD hehe naa just joking....be....random....I think being yourself is better XD...watch out people will hate you...if you are acting too superior XD hehe but...Osi is a funny one XD!!!!!!hmz...making wallies with some ecchi style huh....????? XD lol....look at star....he's been called as "the ecchi bro" XD (sorry star =P XD) hmz....elite-member....yeah that's a good one...but a tough one to reach it XD.....hmz....have some plans of making a better guide that fits for the males?????? XD

Sepiraph

Arayashiki - One-winged Angel

meteorcloud, a bit of XD overboard there?

:)

Anyhow, as Woody Allen once said: "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying. "

Then in the same vein, I say "I don't want to be popular on anime boards, I want to be popular in real life!" =D

Some of you may be wondering what is this "real life" that I spoke of. :D

Signature

:: Member of Celestia :D ::

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

1. Be Asian.
2. Compare Yourself With Cool Anime Characters.
3. Be "Depressed".

I already follow these. And yet, I'm not very popular.

However, another good point to follow maybe to show how much you love one anime series (e.g. avatars, pictures, fansites, possession of merchandise) to other people. The more you show that you like one anime series, the more the people will associate you to that anime series. Just my concept.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 67 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.