Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scan Ultimatum - Minitokyo

Scan Ultimatum

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

As of Saturday, January 15th ~1600 GMT all non-credited scans will be considered in violation of MT policy and will be deleted.

MT Policy: "If you post a scan that was not made by you, provide credits to the best of your knowledge." You MUST specify whether or not the scan was done by you!
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/11780/ More Here

News Articles:
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/2218/
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/2744/

What you agree to if you submit a scan: " You choose your submission was of type scan. Hereby you agree to have written proper credit to the source you took the scan from if it is not your property.
Be mindful that while submitting it to this community the scan still falls under your property to maintain. Minitokyo keeps the right to delete your scan at any time without notification. Minitokyo is not responsible for your scan may you get involved in juridical issues."

...barring the hand of God, Sheqel or Keltosh, that is.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by Nuriko
...barring the hand of God, Sheqel or Keltosh, that is.

when did this happen? ^^

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Okay - I'm right onto it - thanks for the early notification.

Quote by NurikoAs of Saturday, January 16th ~1600 PST all non-credited scans will be
considered in violation of MT policy and will be deleted.
MT Policy: "If you post a scan that was not made by you, provide
credits to the best of your knowledge."

You are referring to the actual website / original creator that hosts it, correct?

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

I also suggest that people who have submitted their original scans to MT and did not properly label them redo their descriptions as well, so nothing gets accidently deleted.

Yes, I mean actual websites. As the policy states, to the best of your knowledge. If you don't know, that's fine. But if you do and someone else does, yours can be deleted for someone else's full credit. So, trying to find the source is encouraged.

Signature Image

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

I have one final question: If the main source of the scan I retrieved no longer exists, since most of mine are J-Pop Scans, or if the scan used to come from multiple sites that claim to hold it for their own personal display, should I credit this to one of them, because my scans came from an unknown photographer, and I want to know some basic guidelines in what I should do to "properly credit" such individuals, though it is difficult in this case here.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

The only thing we can ask for is a best effort. If you can do it and it's no longer there, credit it anyway. But if you honestly don't know, "I don't know where this came from but I would like to know." is also an acceptable answer.

Signature Image

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

-- gone and very much forgotten

Well, at least God has some say in the matter, perhaps ^^;
(sorry - I had to comment on that - I got a good chuckle out of that addition to the bottom).

--
tuxedotservo
Palpatine for Emperor - Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Dancing to the beat of a different drummer, and it's not pretty.

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

well ... all i can say is that i agree with such deletion of "not my scan; hope you'll enjoy" scans.

but according to the policy we should have written proper credit of the scan ... i think nobody has and never will have them.

so should we delete all our scans ? what's the best option ... ? delete or law suits ?

even the scanning of an owned artbook is anti-copyright ... so ... what type of scans can be done ?

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

ded113

The Grunge Princess

Great idea Nuri!! We don't want any underhanded members, do we?

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Not my scan, I found it here on bt/moeboard/whatever is accepted.

or
Great scan!
or
post not in english
is not.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Quote by papyworldwell ... all i can say is that i agree with such deletion of "not my scan; hope you'll enjoy" scans.

but according to the policy we should have written proper credit of the scan ... i think nobody has and never will have them.

so should we delete all our scans ? what's the best option ... ? delete or law suits ?

even the scanning of an owned artbook is anti-copyright ... so ... what type of scans can be done ?

Most places consider having scans up a form of "free advertising" for their product so most don't mind. If a company were to email MT and say "Take down your xxxxxxxx scans" we would instantly. But as you can tell. nobody has.

Fanarts from people submitted here is hard on a lot of Japanese people. Doujinshi creators need money to do what they do and posting them online is another issue.

It's better to be safe than sorry. MT is trying to remain a upscale community, and this is a step in that goal.

Signature Image

MadMover

MadMover

The Underside of the Kitties Paw

Have to say that it's about time this policy was put into effect. Those of us who actually put the time and money into getting artbooks really get upset by these users that just serf the net and repost other peoples work is really insulting.

It's like taking a test with someone elses books in front of you.

Believe in the freedom of music!

Signature

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by Keltoshor post not in english is not.

ROTFL Keltosh XD I saw "warning! The scan is don't deleted jejeje!" o_o
i think it's a good idea ^-^

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by NurikoMost places consider having scans up a form of "free advertising" for their product so most don't mind. If a company were to email MT and say "Take down your xxxxxxxx scans" we would instantly. But as you can tell. nobody has.

It seems it is a Huge "free advertising" here ^_^
for example in suzuhira hiro section ; nearly all her coloured doujin are here ... and all those pics are taken from "not free" CG collection (cd rom fromat or book format). But well it's not the problem.
edit : and i sincerly doubt that the person uploading them have bought them ... but again this is not a problem it is still anti copyright to re-publish them

The problem is , should we stop submitting scans or not ?
mt says it is not responsable for our submissions. So we are the sole to blame ... so what have we to do ? leave all as it is and hope that we won't be attacked by some lawyer ?

well for me , it is good to have samples as you said ... but i doubt every company will think that. I just hope we won't have problem one days. Because it is written we are personnaly responsable ...

what is your opinion ?

Support section

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Bye bye Noctum, huh? =P

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by JinzhouBye bye Noctum, huh? =P

owch ... i think he often refers his scan as coming from 4chan

by the way mister moderator jin , what do you think about this "legal problem about scan"

Support section

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

Ever since this rule was applied to MT, I always referred to the place I got the scan from, that it wasn't mine or that I scanned it myself. I even provided a link to the page of its creator, whenever I knew about it.

All I have to do, is add an explanation to those scans, which I posted before.
I see lots of work heading my way. -_-

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

what if we don't remember where we got the scan?

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

i support noctum ; all scans i have seen from him were well commented and have referencies to sites.
and he sure shares the most beautiful scans of this place.

Support section

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Quote by Twinfishwhat if we don't remember where we got the scan?

....Read the thread.

Signature Image

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

:rushes to download Noctum's scans:
jk

im not sure about "God" interfering, but Noctum sure is the "god of scans". lol

policy makes perfect sense, can't imagine some1 arguing with it. :hopes:

chip

chip

ecchi lover, linux sensei

What's the urgency? Has MT received any legal threats? Is there a disk space crisis? This is certainly important, but

To me, it would seem only fair to send each offender a PM so they're sure not to miss the warning (threads are easy to miss), and then give them a week to fix their posts after being notified.

We're going to lose a lot of great scans unnecessarily if this is done in a draconian manner.

$0.02,
chip

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Quote by Noctum

Ever since this rule was applied to MT, I always referred to the place I got the scan from, that it wasn't mine or that I scanned it myself. I even provided a link to the page of its creator, whenever I knew about it.
All I have to do, is add an explanation to those scans, which I posted before.
I see lots of work heading my way. -_-

Lol, you know me Noct, I'm just messing with you.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

The "urgency" is the new policy update as well as notices that have been around for months. We (mods) have been noticing that people are still uploading scans with "..................." and "cooooooooooooooooooooooool" and we need to make sure people are on the same page.

I don't give a flying if scans are lost in this if it protects the people that actually scanned the work.

I also seem to think people don't know what moderators actually do. We're not here to clean up after people like horses in a street. I don't have the time to PM every person who fails to not read the rules they agree to every time they submit a scan.

Signature Image

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.