Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scan Ultimatum - Minitokyo

Scan Ultimatum

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Uhm .. well Nuri is harsh.. but she's 100% right. As posted in the news article I did about FAQ and policy.. ALL the memebrs of minitokyo agree to the policy and FAQ just by being here :D
As such, after repeated global warnings, this thread is the last last last warning :D

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

makes sense to me. scanners spend lots of time providing things we get to enjoy, and i think they deserve some credz. i have also come to hate some inane commentary on the description. i wish people would just spend some time, and hopefully this can help. :)

so if i have a scan posted by someone in my favorites, i will lose that when it's deleted won't i?

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Quote by allenclso if i have a scan posted by someone in my favorites, i will lose that when it's deleted won't i?

... Yes. Download it now.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

To be honest I think this is a great idea.

Sure, alot of us end up finding alot of scans randomly at different places and it makes it difficult, but to those just recently submitting heres an idea.

1. Trying to find the source, if its a fansite, it shouldn't be that big of a problem locating it.

2. If your not positive, ASK before you submit. Do you really need to submit it that badly without informing the rest of us?

3. Don't post it. If you can't provide any information. Just don't post it. The world will go on.

I honestly don't see the full complication in providing a source. If you scanned it yourself then can't you provide the magazine where you found it from or can't you put "Personal Scan, I don't remember/have the source". I personally enjoy being able to see where somethings from.

To the scan kings/queens : All I can say is that I hope you can get enough time to change all your scans. I feel bad and this I know is going to be a real pain in the ass, but think of it like this. You won't lose any levels and you'll be saving yourself the time of re-submitting them.

i think this will be great to help get rid of the massive scan section and even though after this occurs, I'm betting there be a big flood of scans, it'll just make MT overall a lot cleaner. I really think this is needed for the community and also I've noticed alot more scans with descriptions with submitters posting in a whole different language.

If you can't provide a source, then don't submit. Its that simple. Or so I like to think it is, though it ends up becomming overly complicated then it should be at times.

Signature Image

What if you dont remember where you got it from? What if you got it on 4chan?

Defender of the Misunderstood

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Quote by animefan8What if you dont remember where you got it from? What if you got it on 4chan?

Do I not speak clearly? Read the thread, or I'll have Jin read it to you... and all people who can't read it.

Signature Image

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

if I got from a BT or IRC and I credit like this

Quote:
got it off from BT/IRC
www.xxxxx.com/#xxxx@irc.ircserver.com

its ok right?
since all the scans I uploaded that wasnt mine comes from BT and IRC.

*backs y'all up all the way* XD So this means after Saturday, we can report uncredited scans?
Because, wow, the way you said it made it sound like they'll all go *poof* and vanish immediately. ^_^'

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by bucket-shot*backs y'all up all the way* XD So this means after Saturday, we can report uncredited scans?
Because, wow, the way you said it made it sound like they'll all go *poof* and vanish immediately. ^_^'

ohhh!! o_O
we can report uncredited scans???? o_O

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Quote by exentricif I got from a BT or IRC and I credit like this

Quote:
got it off from BT/IRC
www.xxxxx.com/#xxxx@irc.ircserver.com

its ok right?
since all the scans I uploaded that wasnt mine comes from BT and IRC.

Yes.

Quote by exentric

Quote by bucket-shot*backs y'all up all the way* XD So this means after Saturday, we can report uncredited scans?

ohhh!! o_O
we can report uncredited scans???? o_O

Yes.

Signature Image

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

im glad i only have 20 scans :nya:

Signature

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Whoa at last somethings being done professionally around here, i was thinking people became dumb and started saying "This is my scan, i like it!!!" But alas i have to do it like all research papers have to be done....

"In God we trust" as they say...

But to Keltosh and Sheq hmmmm have to think about it, but for Nuri, Jin and Osi..(thumbs up) XD

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

You can report them after saturday 16.00 GMT. :D

Quote by OracleAngel
But to Keltosh and Sheq hmmmm have to think about it, but for Nuri, Jin and Osi..(thumbs up)

ROFL dunno what to think.

Signature

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by NurikoI also seem to think people don't know what moderators actually do. We're not here to clean up after people like horses in a street. I don't have the time to PM every person who fails to not read the rules they agree to every time they submit a scan.

as far as i'm concerned, it isn't the case for me ... when i'm not sure of either quality or either legacy i have always asked you.
and in all case i was the scanner ...

all i think is that the rules can sure contain contradictions.
for example : art thief and rippers are hated here ; everybody agrees.
BUT aren't we all rippers or art thief ?
as i pointed ; the only fact of scanning yourself an artbook is anti copyright ; using a character which isn't yours in a freely published work is also anti copyright ... and the list can be longer.
so we are all rippers and art thief ...

maybe the solution as you're saying nuri , is to refer better the artist in the comment.
For example, you scan a work by some artbook published at some edition X.
then you should say at the end : ©X - year of publication.
This can't totally apply to the wallpapers ... but i think that in the scan section such writings should be done.
At the bottom of all scans there is a © papyworld - 2005 for example ... I doubt that seeing this will make the real author happy. Because by saying this it's ripping in all case.

i think this © [loginname] should be removed ... but it's only my opinion.
but in this way who is responsible for the picture here ?
edit : by agreeing to submit as scan ; we recognize that we have written proper credit ... so in case of problems we are the sole to blame. Minitokyo is not responsible.
so maybe this ©[loginname] isn't really necessary for the scan section ...

what is your opinion?

Quote by NurikoIt's better to be safe than sorry. MT is trying to remain a upscale community, and this is a step in that goal.

i agree. But so, should we have to let it as it is and waiting for the "eventual" problems ?

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

In response to Papyworld's post (quotin will be rediculously big)

This is going to sound a bit silly (and it's probably wrong), but here goes. The reason why you must state where you got the scan from is to counter the fact that we're stealling from another site. If someone comes to MT and sees his/her stuff on here and doesn't like it, we can easily pass the buck and say, "We got it from here actually, we're just linking their image"

Also, it gives credit to those who actually did bother to upload the scan in the first place. As it was mentioned earlier within this thread, most companies enjoy having their work scaned because it's another form of advertising. And ofcourse, if someone doesn't want their work on MT, as Nuri said, all of that person's work will be removed imediatly. Fighting piracy on the internet will have you end up fighting a loosing battle anyway.

As for the copyright [username] under the scans, that's a mighty fine point. Something which Sheq needs to be aware of in the future probably.

(Being politically correct is borring too! XD )

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by KatzbalgerBeing politically correct is borring too!

quite true ... the problem is : i feel ashamed to scan the work of an artist ... i scan myself the artbook i have paid with my own euro's.

it's true it's a kind of advertising for the society. My dream should be that if someone sees a good scan , he could have a little thought to buy the artbook ... But it's utopia. There are a lot person coming here just to leech. So the "free advertising" side of this site will be destructed. I wouldn't like that ...

all you said was very true katz. But this thing of © really bothers me and i'm sure it will bother the artist if they see it ...

it's a question of point of view so ... be ashamed of ripping works or not ?
all i find illogical is that ALL PERSONS here hate rippers but they nearly all are ... except those who post scan not credited and that they "rip" from another sites. I can't say it's ripping because they just paste an image they found here. They aren't the "original" ripper. It is even a worse attitude ... :(

reaction awaited ^_^

Support section

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

That's a part of the free advertising. I love Carnelian scans, and I saw biri post them. I was so pleased that I bought the artbook and limited collection CD rom.

We like scans for walling, but nothing beats the real thing. People should buy their own goods to support anime companies.

Signature Image

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

well so you do as i do ... but i doubt that the majority of person is doing this no ?
as you said yourself mt is full of leechers ...
but it proves this "spirit" exists also among the member. And i'm happy to see you think as i did.

but what about the ©problem ?

Support section

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Maybe we should post links up of where people can buy the artbooks? Ideas from all would be appreciated.

Signature Image

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

this is for sure a great idea.

i thought also at an improvement in the scan section :
maybe the solution as you're saying nuri , is to refer better the artist in the comment.
For example, you scan a work by some artbook published at some edition X.
then you should say at the end : ©X - year of publication.
This can't totally apply to the wallpapers ... but i think that in the scan section such writings should be done.
At the bottom of all scans there is a © papyworld - 2005 for example ... I doubt that seeing this will make the real author happy. Because by saying this it's ripping in all case.

i think this © [loginname] should be removed ... but it's only my opinion.
but in this way who is responsible for the picture here ?
edit : by agreeing to submit as scan ; we recognize that we have written proper credit ... so in case of problems we are the sole to blame. Minitokyo is not responsible.
so maybe this ©[loginname] isn't really necessary for the scan section ...

what is your opinion? i think it is an important point ...

if all person could better refer their scan maybe would the risk of law suits drop ... if it's well credited with the name of the artbook ; the author ; the edition ... no ?

Support section

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

How about an artbook/shopping directory? Similar to the link directory thing which is in the works. Places to buy the artbooks or even just the ISBN numbers. Open it up to ratings too, so people can review it? I'm just tossing out an idea. :X

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

if we could do it it would be great :) because some persons will sure not know from where come a picture. So a kind of SQL table with artbook names and ISBN should be great ...

maybe could we implement it not too difficultly in the current database ... but sheqel should give his opinion ...

@biri : did you have time to read my © suggestion just above ? i would also like to have your opinion biri :)

Support section

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Uhm .. dunno it might be an options. Still it would require quite some coding. And.. we're getting pretty out of topic here :D

Also EVERYONE please not that each scan must CLEARLY state whether or not YOU scanned it.

Signature

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.