Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Vector vs. Raster - Minitokyo

Vector vs. Raster

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

Just curious... Do any of you have a preference of one over the other in making graphics—just in general? Certainly both have their specific uses, but do you happen to prefer one over the other?

I personally tend to prefer Vector, but that's probably because I'm a bit more familiar with Vector graphics.

Signature
New Wallpapers: Monochrome Etude
Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

Vector: Recently discovered a site that specializes in vector graphics and fell in love with it instantly. Waaay easier to work with. No mess, no fuss!

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

Yeah... the annoying thing about raster graphics is that it's so difficult to change pixels near outlines.

Signature
Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

I've never been good with vector. I've been doing raster for years, and it does have limitations, but I know how to deal with it in most cases. Vector is almost alien to me.

Due to Minitokyo's policies, I will no longer be submitting any wallpapers or scans to this site.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

I've done mostly raster here, which makes it nice because if done skilfully, you can make the graphics look fantastic.

Vector is so-so in my department, I love vector as well - but I don't mind adding a bit of both to the mixture. In preference: Raster master here. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Vector is nice but it depends on what you're doing for your image. For most backgrounds and wallpapers I'd say that raster would be better as long as its saved lossless (<3 png) I prefer raster for most of my work since its easier to work with.

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

Yeah, I typically save all my stuff in png these days as well. It's annoying that these forums don't allow that file type...

I've actually started doing some completely raster works in the past few days; they're actually turning out fairly nicely :)

Signature

raster here, although i like a well made vector graphics a lot.

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

Just out of curiosity...

For those of us who do use Vector design with any regularity, what kind of (2D) vector programs do you usually use? Mostly, I use Macromedia Freehand; I'm most used to it, and it is really good. Anybody use any others?

Signature

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

raster XD
I haven't heard before but i know to do vector ^^

i think vector is quite easy to master ^^
Like it to make nice doujin ^^

ozma255

ozma255

Vectorman!

I use Adobe Illustrator CS best vector based software for me and I use vector and raster together mostly. :)

Signature

Most of the stuff I do is raster, but vector's real advantage is when it comes to resizing, since raster you can only scale down... XD

Raiynagh

Raiynagh

fr0gm45+3r

I create 3D models of robots, and then kill computers by rendering them. When the computers survive, the end result is raster. Vector i do sometimes, but I find it easier to do insane detail with raster.

If we talk in a very high pitched voice, the fish can't hear us...

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

3D programs are by nature vector. What you're doing by rendering it is simply turning it into a raster file type.

Oh, and I hear you completely with the killing computers thing. ^^

Signature

Tyrand

Tyrand

L. M. N.

I Don't know What Vector and Raster ?

I'm newcomer

Plz~~ Teach To me

Sawadde

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

They're two different types of graphical editing/creation. Raster uses pixels, like MS Paint or Photoshop, whereas Vector uses shapes--you can do very primitive vector graphics in MS Word, or use something specifically for Vectors such as Macromedia Freehand. 3D graphics programs are also Vector-based.

Signature

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.