Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New wallpaper resolutions - Minitokyo

New wallpaper resolutions

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Minitokyo always strive to bring you the best. Now, in order to show you all this, we decided to add some new wallpaper resolutions. While they may not be used that much as of now, they will surely get more common in the future :D
As usual, be sure to submit wallpapers that follow the policy.

The new resolutions allowed are

New 4:3/5:4 resolution:
2048x1536
800x600 removed

New 16:9 (Widescreen) resolutions:
1920x1080 W-UXGA
1600x900
1280x768 W-XGA
1280x720

Dual 4:3/5:4 resolutions:
2048x768
2304x864
2560x960
2560x1024
4096x1536

Of course, apart from the 800x600, the old resolutions are still valid.

Have a nice day :D

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

woah some really big resolutions ^^ cool!!!! now we can see more detailed works ^^

ok, I'm a little confused by all these categories. So what is the smallest size people can submit in then? is it 1280x720?

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

it's good to remove 800*600 resolution because some cg can be uploaded as wallpaper. So it's a good point.
I was warned because i posted a cg under wall section the first day i was here ^_^ ; and obviously i hadn't read the rules ^_^ so it will maybe avoid other warnings

good idea :)

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

alright!!!! Way to go MINITOKYO!

And the dual resolutions! Along with the maxed out 2048x1536!

I am a happy camper today.

[edit]

Got my first dual high rez wall out already. :)

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Lol of course now we need members that will do these walls :D

Signature

Xion3

Xion3

Romanticide

Quote by KeltoshMinitokyo always strive to bring you the best.

Ah yes, I can see that. ^^

Good work Sheq and Kel. I'm definitely looking foward for the dual screen wallpapers.

aibuster

aibuster

Gynophobia

errrm i dunno about resolutions >_> so whats the standard reso use globally? i mean the most used resolutions?

yeah, thats what i'm trying to ask too!

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Thats great keltosh, 800x600 is too small. Wow, those resolution are big, Id never use them, way too big. 1024x768 is what ill always use!! So can we still submit 1024x768, 1280x960, 1600x1200 ??

Signature

oh Great ^^ , big-resolutions now a can give 100% of my skill ^^" * lol *
its really big.., but now we can make ja big Print off many WP´s...

asahi make some good Pictures, she have:
- Talent f

Asahi

Asahi

gone

no more : 1280 * 960 ????? thats ... sadly.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

uh? rthose are just the variations. 1024x768,1152x864,1280x960,1280x1024 and 1600x1200 are of course still valid

Signature

What about 1680x1050? Is it already a accepted resolution? Because I think it's the most common widescreen resolution out there (and here in my room as well). :D

Cajime

Cajime

Sweet Lolita

For those who were asking the next bigger and most popular size is 1024x768 ^^; but it's always good to make them as big as posible so they can be resized down for everyone.

Sandy

Sandy

graphic fighter

You know I still have requests of people asking for 800x600 of my wallz? :/ And wtf @ 2048x1536?! XD It's going to be hard to find scans which look perfect at this size. Hooray for vectors.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Lol you were spared the oncoming qsxga format. 2536*2048 or something like that :D. As for 800x600, the old walls will stay. But it's a dying format. And besides bigger 4:3 walls can easily be resized to 800x600

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Hehe - with those kinds of resolutions... wide-screen, what the? @_@

Pave the way to the new walling future!! They just get bigger and better - hm.... where to showcase these skills... lol

Anyhou, does making bigger wallpapers mean more actual work to be displayed? Haha - guess I better throw the books in this and help people by telling them to submit bigger things as well - quite a bold move, indeed - like that's going to do anything good - lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

nice upgrade xD
yay~

erm
the 2048x1536 is interesting xD
lemme if i can do that xD

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

My widescreen has a resolution of 1280x800, and that 's the widescreen resolution a lot of games seem to have (if at all). But I usually just cut down the larger wallpapers anyway.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Dualscreen wallpaper, here I come! It's nice to see that the formats are now accepted, even if few people actually wall at those sizes. It's just another option for people if they so choose to do so. (I will be uploading my dualscreen Stellvia wallpaper, yay! Here it is!)
Also, what happened to the 3200x1200 (dual monitor of 1600x1200) resolution? :P

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

wow... o.O
I thought 1600x1200 was big enough... ^___^"
The new resos are huge!! do people actually have that big screens??? >____<
Anywayz, sounds very interesting... will look forward to these new reso walls ^___^

ultimaslair

ultimaslair

Alien from Inner Cabinet

Dualscreen papers? Really interesting. Some of those are huge. I wish I had a monitor that big. But on second thought...maybe not...

I have a iMac 20" with 1680x1080 so I guess I'll be making wallpaper for that size at the same time as I make for 1600x1200. Not a biggie... But would be fun if other people could post in 1680 so I don't have to stretch every wallpaper I download... Still not a big problem but I think it would be nice to accept that resolution. I have a friend who has a windows pc and a 20" HP widescreen with the same resolution so it's not only us mac people who uses it. :)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.