Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Epiphany : who wanna be my queen ? - Minitokyo

Epiphany : who wanna be my queen ?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 65 total items

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Well i had the idea of this post because i don't know if you celebrate also Epiphany ...
do you ? i think it is only a catholical feast but maybe other persons celebrate it ...

to explain what it is : it was the day when the mages came to offer the present to the little jesus. but well ... there is also a traditional feast in Belgium

we eat some big waffel which looks like a cake. And in one of the part of the waffel there is a little figurine or a little thing. If you find it while eating your part of the cake, you become the king of the day and you get a crown. This year i was the king and i had the crown.
(i think it's in memory of the mages ... who were "king mages" (litteral translation of french)

and the tradition is that the king must choose a queen :D

so who wants to be my queen ? ( i even accept DREAM and xandman ; they sure are sexy in a cute dress :D )

is this celebration also made in your country ?

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

do you accept me too XD!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
(just jking XD)
hmzz some interessting feast =)

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

haha you sure look very sexy in a dress too :D i think it will be hard to choose :D

Support section

We don't celebrate it in Britain , but hope you have a fun day anyway. Waffles are lovely, a giant one sounds very cool. :)

oh yum yum yum!!! j'adooooore la galette des rois!!! ^^ it's so good! it has this almond uhm... pasta? .... but anyway (damn lack of english vocabulary in certain situations...) it's really good! in France we usually cerabrate the Epiphany, well at least my family does... (i even got the feve and became queen! ^^ i gave it to my little cousin, he's so cute! ^^)
so i'l say... VIVE LES ROIS mages!!! lol! thanks to them i can get a little more fater! but who cares, it's so good! ^^

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by WoofieWe don't celebrate it in Britain , but hope you have a fun day anyway. Waffles are lovely, a giant one sounds very cool. :)

lol ^_^ it's kind of a cake ... but with different pasta ^_^ it's very good :D it was on january the 6th ... but there is a lack of queen for me in Belgium ; so i'm searching here :D

Quote by Morphee(i even got the feve and became queen! ^^ i gave it to my little cousin, he's so cute! ^^)
so i'l say... VIVE LES ROIS mages!!! lol! thanks to them i can get a little more fater! but who cares, it's so good! ^^

you already were a queen to me :D and yeah "vive la galette des rois" ; it's a fun feast :D
and that cake is tooooo good ... i don't care to be fat if i can eat this every day

Support section

Quote by papyworldit was on january the 6th ...

Ooooh, that's what it is... the "12th Day of Christmas". Over here, we have to take our decorations down by midnight on that day, or it's bad luck. :p

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

it was the same ^_^ we had to remove also the decorations of the pine tree ... but it is also the day of the waffel :D
jeepeeee waffel ; you should taste this. If you find some french bakery ask for a "galette des rois" :)

Support section

oh..... your talking about french bakeries..... waow!!!! i might seem for a total eating maniac (which isn't that false...) but waow that is so good! ^^
.... i just love french food.... especially the gallette des rois..... yummy!
^^ thanks for being picked as queen papy!

ive been reading this and it sounds very interesting...

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Man, I'm jelous. Europeans get cool holidays like this king for a day thing. America doesn't have anything close to that, like CEO or President for a day.... :(

Triban

Triban

Shinobi

Hm pappy. the mage kings are the "Three wise men" in the protestant Christian holiday of Christmas ^^ But perhaps if you choose me to be your queen I can teach you a little more English and we can share some Latin together if you know what I mean *shifty eyes* kidding ^-^ besides I'd look nice in a royal gown. (I Jest ;_;)

Eat your pocky. The great Ninja Commands you.
Signature

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

white freed by her savior~

Lol... Did I hear queen??? >.> <.< >.> Hm.... I wonder if that includes gowns, expensive jewelry, and luxurious possessions.....

If it does, oh!!! Pick me!!!!!!!!! XD

f a l l i n g . i n t o . s w e e t . c e l e s t i a l . d r e a m
l i g h t . i n . s h e e r . a n d . s i m p l e . s l e e p

Signature Image

lol! well actually, being a queen or king for the Epiphany only means you get to put a .... carton (?) crown on your head... it doesn't include rich gowns or anything like that... ^^ in my family, you also get the privelege to be told very fast "La reine boit! La reine boit! La reine boit!" (=The queen is drinking!) etc... while you drink (or "Le roi boit" = The king is drinking, if your a king). ;)

shhho

shhz!

hmmm we don't celebrate it in Singapore.. im not a catholic.. but i guess they don't.. because i nv heard of it before.. hehe.. btw.. belgium waffle roxxx!!!! :D

Carmen

Carmen

Alaba a Dios

In Guatemala is celebrated, but only by catholics. I am evangelic, so, my family don't celebrate this. But fourth years ago, I tried to make a "torta de reyes", is a cake similar to yours, I think. But we didn't put a toy inside.

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by sillymoogleMan, I'm jelous. Europeans get cool holidays like this king for a day
thing. America doesn't have anything close to that, like CEO or
President for a day.... :(

lol :) CEO for a day ; it would be cool too. We should invent that feast :D

Quote by winterlilac09Lol... Did I hear queen??? &gt;.&gt; &lt;.&lt; &gt;.&gt; Hm.... I
wonder if that includes gowns, expensive jewelry, and luxurious
possessions..... If it does, oh!!! Pick me!!!!!!!!! XD

well ... actually it is only a crown made with painted paper ^_^ but you sure deserve to get beautiful gowns and jewelry. ^_^

Quote by Morpheein my family, you also get the privelege to be told very fast "La reine boit! La reine boit! La reine boit!" (=The queen is drinking!) etc... while you drink (or "Le roi boit" = The king is drinking, if your a king).

lol we didn't do that whit "le roi boit ; le roi boit" but it sounds cool . Next year i'll come celebrate this in france then :D haha you seem to have a funny family.

Quote by shhhohmmm we don't celebrate it in Singapore.. im not a catholic.. but i guess they don't.. because i nv heard of it before.. hehe.. btw.. belgium waffle roxxx!!!! :D

hehe we should make a song with this belgium waffle roxx ^_^

Quote by TribanHm pappy. the mage kings are the "Three wise men" in the protestant
Christian holiday of Christmas ^^ But perhaps if you choose me to be
your queen I can teach you a little more English and we can share some
Latin together if you know what I mean *shifty eyes* kidding ^-^
besides I'd look nice in a royal gown. (I Jest ;_;)

waw i waited your answer secretly ^_^ so the real translation is the wise men ... as for the choose ^_^ actually you are already my queen of heart. But i want to choose you to be my everyday queen. I like you so much. I have felt so sad today. I was happy to see your comment. Tss how could i express better in english that i like you sooooo much ^_^ and as for sharing latin together. i totally agree ; i don't know if i have well understood this sentence :) but if it is what i think ; i'm even happier :D .And you deserve all the most beautiful gowns and jewelries in the world. You are so beautiful ^_^ if i had the money i would offer them to you ; as for now , i can only offer you my little paper crown that i received on january the 6th ... i miss you triban :) you bring me to smile in this sad day

Support section

lil-cammy

lil-cammy

Hey, where's my keg?

Yeah, damn, American holidays suck. I'm not exactly Catholic but I don't believe there is any type of celebration like that here. I'm Episcopal, it's the Anglican Church but it's almost identical to Catholicism. Sounds cool, I don't think I'm very "queenly" though, lol. But as I always say: If there is food, I will be there! Congrats on becoming king! ^_^

Signature

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

awch so not crown for you lil-john friend ? i heard of that anglican church ; there are some little differencies i think ... but yes there is food and it is delicious. This waffel is incredibly good. It doesn't matter to be the king. The matter is to eat the most part of the waffel :D
you're also a queen of heart to me ^^ *huggles* and you sure look "queenly" with those itilian frames glasses you have :)
by by cammy friend

Support section

Triban

Triban

Shinobi

aww sweet! i get the crown -loves on pappy- I'm a happy girl, and i miss you too!

Eat your pocky. The great Ninja Commands you.
Signature

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

*faint* too much happiness in one strike. You knocked my down triban ^_^ my dream should to be even just for one day with you. If this happenned , i would like this day last forever :)

Support section

hmmm.... that makes a lot of queen for one king papy.... oh may i call you papy? it's granpy in french. ^^ oh but i wouldn't want to make you grow older than you alreay are... (oh i'm not writing my setences right...) bon... je ne voudrai pas te vieillir... ok that's much better.... but hey! don't get carried away! tu fais tourner la tete a toutes les filles alors n'en profite pas trop! ;) hehe, i want a crown too!

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by Morpheehmmm.... that makes a lot of queen for one king papy.... oh may i call you papy? it's granpy in french. ^^ oh but i wouldn't want to make you grow older than you alreay are... (oh i'm not writing my setences right...) bon... je ne voudrai pas te vieillir... ok that's much better.... but hey! don't get carried away! tu fais tourner la tete a toutes les filles alors n'en profite pas trop! smiley hehe, i want a crown too!

haha ^_^ you're pretty funny Morphee. Always good to see you :) of coure you can call me papy ; actually it's my nickname ... everybody calls me like that because i look kind of older. When i was around 13 i started to have beard and it was blond/white. I was too lazy to shave it perfectly so i let 1 or 2 mm of beard. And then they called me papy ^_^ my other nickname is papaya ; in french = papaye ( l'espece de fruit bizzare ) . Lol je vais essayer de pas me marrier trop vite ... je ne pensais pas avoir autant de fans :) ; i didn't thought i would have so much fans. i will need to find other crowns i think ;).

Support section

hehe... all you need for crowns is some uh... bandes (j'trouve pas le mot en anglais desolee...) of uh.... carton? well anyway... i want a green one! :) but i don't want people to say "la reine boit le reine boit etcetc...".... i lost my concentration on drinking once and well... the water i was drinking went back out in the glass by the noose.... beurk... ca fait mal d'avaler de travers...

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 65 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.