Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MEMBER of THE MONTH - Minitokyo

MEMBER of THE MONTH

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Kanvas

Kanvas

Treasures-of-Life Collector

-Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

-If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
-------Theodore Roosevelt---------

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

I don't think it would be a good idea. The contes would be reduced to a race between the members with the most friends...

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

I have a bad feeling about this... so I would like to point out that I would oppose this idea. Sorry - but I don't like the suggestion, doesn't suit well here on MT. A popularity contest is not what I had in mind, because it could stir trouble here.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Interesting idea, but I agree it could cause tension between members. There would need to be a way for it to be fair so anyone could have a chance to get it. Otherwise I think it would just be a poplularity contest.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Ray075-1-74

Too smart for kev

i think if it were to honor someone's monthly contribution, then it'd be a good idea.
But I guess that's been done.

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

Quote by Ray075-1-74i think if it were to honor someone's monthly contribution, then it'd be a good idea.
But I guess that's been done.

This will result in spam gallore. The #1 top wallpaper is effectivly already a "member of the month" award anyway...

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

This would be completely unfair to everyone else and would result in a huge competation, which is what some people do for levels to began with, think of what would happen with member of the month.

Second what would determine these factors? You can't really make a good judgement on this and once again, this would probably start a huge flame war, no doubts about that.

Your hearts in the right direction, just that this, in the long run, would be a horrible idea that would just come crashing down in MT's face.

Signature Image

i don't really care about popularity contests... unless there's a fight going on

streifer

streifer

Old Game Lover

popularity contest always end in clan War... I doubt MiniTokyo idea is of making clan...
We're a familly and there is no "member of the month"... Each member is an important member since everynoe participate to MiniTokyo...

I'm finally back !!!

Huuum, anyone remember me?

What about a featured member now and then? Sort of a Moderator's Choice award.

Quote by KeltoshI don't think it would be a good idea. The contes would be reduced to a race between the members with the most friends...

And there would be countless threads with people whining.
"WHY AM I NOT MEMBER OF THE MONTH????////"

It sounds completely unnecessary.

ded113

The Grunge Princess

Quote by CyanideBlizzardThis would be completely unfair to everyone else and would result in a huge competation, which is what some people do for levels to began with, think of what would happen with member of the month.

Second what would determine these factors? You can't really make a good judgement on this and once again, this would probably start a huge flame war, no doubts about that.

Your hearts in the right direction, just that this, in the long run, would be a horrible idea that would just come crashing down in MT's face.

I agree. I would drive wedges between members and could cause problems. Members spaming constantly, Whining 24/7 and competitive members for levels. A possible MT meltdown. Bottom line: It's completely not necessary.

Li-Mei

Li-Mei

Comatose

if it's not necessary then i don't see why it has to be done. MT isn't about competing against one another, it's about sharing. i think. ^^; plus a lot of people would feel a sense of injustice if someone was chosen and another felt like they weren't worthy of praise. or something like that. ^^;

Signature

Kanvas

Kanvas

Treasures-of-Life Collector

opinions taken.

-Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

-If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
-------Theodore Roosevelt---------

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.