Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Religion: where does it belong? - Minitokyo

Religion: where does it belong?

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 133 total items

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

.::Hopeless::.

I've noticed that people tend to think that the bible plays a role in important matters, when in reality it doesn't the only place it plays a role in is in your personal beliefs. I hate when people try to bring it into schools, politics and ect.. I'm persona athiest but that's not the point why bring something up in important matters if you can't prove it's right, I mean I'm not saying that its wrong either but there is no way anyone can prove either so why bring it up at all, you know? It's stupid so for some people who think gays are wrong for religious matters no one cares.. it's just dumb.. or if people think religion belongs in the government , well hate to break it to you it doesnt and the same goes for schools.. I just wanted to know what you guys think too, I'm not bashing religion so don't take it that way, because that's not how it is. ^^ I've just notice especailly in the homosexual thread by sammo that people said gays were wrong because it's a sin and I find that to be ridiculous.. but anyway answer the questioned.^^

Signature Image
You shattered all the hopes and dreams I never had.....

dnmax

dnmax

That Man

it belongs in a very special place. a place where phrases like "oh god" and "jesus!" mean something but also in a place where it doesn't have any meaning.

with religion, i guess it's different with different religions but they have a set of morals or rules to live by. i think that people follow religion because it gives them something to believe in and make life more meaningful rather then just living and dying in the end. religion kinda gives life a purpose and helps those who are struggling cope better. though it's said that every religion should be respected and all that but the beliefs of the major religions like christianity influences a lot of society.

hehe i don't agree with a lot of religious matters especially after i read Angel Sanctuary which is very controversial with regilion. but religion gives morals to live by which can be good or bad in some cases. either way as long as someone doesn't try to impose their beliefs onto others it's fine. everyone has the right to choose what they believe in ;) i think religion should belong in a person's heart, mind and their personal life because it's what they live by not everyone else around them.

~mintyness~
Signature

i guess that depends on what religion u believe in... but some psychologists says that if there was no religion, people would go mad because there isn't anything they think they could depend on... well.. i believe that it "does" play important role in important matters, like homosexuality and etc.. if everyone would follow the command of religion, i guess the world would be better place? wouldn't it? since bible doesn't allow the believers who steal, kill, envy, and etc... originally, historians said that religion was made to find the meaning of life... but suddenly the religion is affecting people in many diff. ways too.. ~ lol..

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

I personally try not say either of those phrase b/c I know it offends people but I just wanted to point this out b/c it only belongs in your own home and church.. ok I realize that people believe in it for their reasons but it still has no right to be in schools or government.. I'm glad people have something to lean on but some people depend on it too musc in my opinion.

Signature Image

Well, you can also look at it this way. When people say that they think homosexuality is immoral, they are voicing their beliefs. Non-religious people can share the same beliefs. It just so happens that much of the dissenters are made up of religious people. The Bible isn't just a bunch of rules to be thrown at people, it's a way of life. People have beliefs and feel that society should uphold morals. I mean, who wants their society to be corrupt when the corruption can be controlled? ...blah, I'm bad with words =P

hmm... well.. some religion's main goal is to "free" many people as possible..

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

ok people ur missing my point... i'm asking you if you think it should be allowed in schools, government and ect..

Signature Image

DarkCrimson

DarkCrimson

Angel on Dragon's Mistress

I personally think that Religion dont belong to Schools or such Institutions.They allways prescribe you what you should think or do.I think everyone should only belief in his one Heart and do only what he thinks is right. :)

Signature

DarkMaiden1369, would you please elucidate on your use of the word "allowed"? I mean, are you saying that religious people should not be allowed to voice their opinions? Or that they shouldn't try to keep/change rules for what they believe to be better? [which is what they opposing side is doing as well...]

I'll tell you where it doesn't belong: My doorstep. Fucking Jehovah's witnessess.

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

Quote by CaptainBootyI'll tell you where it doesn't belong: My doorstep. Fucking Jehovah's witnessess.

LOL.. goodone and I agreee and I hate those people^^

Signature Image

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Religion should be a private matter, so it shouldn't be force upon to others in the public sphere. Should respect the right of both sides of the argument, so public institution shouldn't create a demostration or instruction of religion, but they should allow individual to pray if they wanted it too or hold meeting in their own private function inside the school or government buildings as long as the public institution isn't the one that is directing it. There was a big court case of the separation of church and state with the pledge of allegation in the schools about the word of "God" in it, I see nothing wrong with it, you don't have to say it if you don't want to, it is a minor issue compare to what some groups are trying accomplish in the political agenda in the captial.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Quote by DarkMaiden1369ok people ur missing my point... i'm asking you if you think it should be allowed in schools, government and ect..

No... though I'm just voicing my opinion and not the opinions of others. Plus, the goverment runs the show ( what can you do? ^_^' ).

Did you know?.... Not sure where ( may be Florida ),but they are trying to ban gay couple from adotping just because... !? @_@ . Anyway...Religion is also in our money ( In god we trust) Why is that? Isn't money the root of all evil. And DarkMaiden1369... you know what I was doing when I wrote this?*lol* I agree with you though...

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

Quote by DarkSavior. And DarkMaiden1369... you know what I was doing when I wrote this?*lol* I agree with you though...

Yeah I know lol^^ but you did a well written response^^'

Signature Image

DarkCrimson

DarkCrimson

Dark Maiden You write you hate those People.Who are Those People?

Signature

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

oh the jehovah's witnesses basically they come to your door and preach about god and how you should believe.. I can't believe they actually have people do that^^

Signature Image

DarkCrimson

DarkCrimson

Oh you mean those.Actually they came one or two Times to my door and that in the middle of the Night.Arghhh....I dont like these guys.

Signature

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Quote by DarkMaiden1369oh the jehovah's witnesses basically they come to your door and preach about god and how you should believe..

and tell you that you're going to hell because you didn't go to church. I had a bad run with them before... Lost a friend ~_~

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

Well guy! I agree with all of you :) Well the answer is in our past and just think about it.
Well guys just think about what the bible is about and when it was frist written.
Sorry but I just can't tell you what I think. ^_^'

Quote by gundragonWell guy! I agree with all of you :) Well the answer is in our past and just think about it.
Well guys just think about what the bible is about and when it was frist written.
Sorry but I just can't tell you what I think. ^_^'

The Bible is about life and living...The stories are to teach and be examples. The basic messages of the Bible [not the rules of the Old Testament because those ended starting from the time of the New Testament], are as relevant today as they were then.

I think the place for religion (any kind of religion) is one's house (and the temples done by those cults). It's not something that should play any part in politics (I mean... what right do they have to demand more restrictive abortment laws or asking for the law to allow homosexuals to marry to be voted against?) nor be a duty to learn about religion at school (learning about the story of religions? That's ok; but learning *insert religion here*... No thanks).

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

Thanks u Kazahaya^^ You answer it right unlike some of the people who replied^^

Signature Image

Lord_Tensai_III

A Gentleman and a Scholar

I agree that religions shouldn't be sanctioned by governments or schools. But people who truly believe in a religion have their religion and their morality affect all parts of their life. Personally, I think if religion is just some rules and rituals you do in the privacy of your own home, why bother? Now this doesn't mean you need to go waving a Bible in everyone's face, but staying true to your religion in your daily life at least shows you're sincere.

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 133 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.