Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best art in Anime - Minitokyo

Best art in Anime

page 1 of 1 24 total items

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

As an artist my main object of watching anime is the art and its quality. I have watched some awful, no plot anime just to watch the movement of the characters and the character designs. I would like to know whats the best anime art design you've seen.
Personally I love the movement of studio Ghible films, but I do get sucked in by eye candy character design of Onegia Twins/Teacher.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

yes indeed OT did have tempting and cute designs.. for me however, the best anime ive ever seen graphic wise would either be Genshiken or Naruto which had pretty modern day anime artist char designs

Signature

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

I had totally been overlooking Naruto until very recently and I decided to start the "big" download of the series.... it is so worth it. Just the size of it made me want to shy away though. Thank you for the reply!

the anime has many artist with many styles it's hard say "the best is ***" i have my favorites clamp is good toriyama shirow naruto's guy tanaka(gon) katsura and many more

animazine.blogspot.com
Signature

ZittFu

ZittFu

Part-time Shinigami

Hmm i really like Masakazu Katsura's designs, Hiroya Oku (Gantz) is awesome, but i prefer the manga than the anime; then Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto) is really good too.
Oh yeah i almost forgot Takashi Hashiguchi´s Yakitake! Japan thats a really funny manga and the anime it s very good too.

Back in the day, clamp definitely had the best art I've seen - X art is just amazing, it's so beautiful and dramatic. Cardcaptor Sakura's is wonderful as well. But since Cardcaptor Sakura, they've actually gone way down hill - the Angelic Layer manga has terrible art (nice character designs though), Gouhou Drug is too simplistic, Chobits is nice but nothing special, XXXHolic is over-stylized and Tsubasa simply isn't as well drawn as most of the series the characters oroginally came from. Stop doing rushed shounen, clamp!! I guess they're just in it for the money now.

EndofAnubis

Son-in-law to the King of Devils

I believe that 'Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito' had the best consistent art thoughout the series. Some series can have good art at times but then, at certain points drop off in quality. 'Yami.....' had high art content for the whole time.

Signature

darkzlevin

darkzlevin

Are We Who We Seem?

mmm last exile's pretty nice
but i still love houshi no koe >.>
i can't wait for the next one to come out *sits down and thinks of the name*
also another one is tsukihime =) dat has pretty nice art

SUPPORT MINITOKYO BY JOINING THEIR MIRC CHANNEL
#minitokyo @ irc.rizon.net

Signature

Captain Harlock OAV series and the Outside Legend series

Spikexp

Truth Seaker

I would have to say evangelion and please teacher/twins.

Where I fight, I fight alone, where I walk, I walk alone.

Each of us needs a quest, and a person without one is lost to himself

Due to recent cutbacks, and until further notice, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Quote by SpikexpI would have to say evangelion and please teacher/twins.

evangelion's style is pretty good. its still nice to look at even now. I personally enjoy the style in Genshiken. Naruto is pretty inconsistent.

Signature

"Give the man a gun, he's Superman; Give him two, he's God." -- Police Commisioner from Hard Boiled

Personally I like the art in GITS 2. It's 99% CG, but the CG is the best I've ever seen. Even the fact that the hand drawn pieces are lit exactly the same way as the CG is very impressive. I couldnt pay attention to the story cuz it was so pretty. I gotta rewatch it :P.

Personally I was amazed by the Gankutsuo anime... nothing like that has been done before...
But I also heard that there are many people who don't like the psychedelic design.

Quote by heuzelPersonally I was amazed by the Gankutsuo anime... nothing like that has been done before... But I also heard that there are many people who don't like the psychedelic design.

It's certainly interesting, but I can't decide if I actually like it or not. It's kind of distracting, but it adds to the atmosphere a lot as well.

i wonder if it's cheaper than normal animation. Oo

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

I can't imagine Gankutsuou being cheaper, that is if they hand draw the patterns. But they may use stock, but even then there is a lot layering, so even if they cut corners in stock they make up for it in adding tons of layers. I'm not familiar with GITS 2... I'm actually learning about a lot of new series here. Thanks guys!

Songblade

Renkinjutsushi

Anything by Madhouse will always get my vote... (thinks of Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust)

Suicide-Demon

Suicide-Demon

L!f3 !5 H3LL

I think the animes with the best art are:
1. Akira (it 's really great, even the syncronisation!)
2. Jin Roh (a must-see for every sad-endings-lovers)
3. Princess Mononoke (really great art, I think it's from Ghible-Studios...)
I don't know if anybody knows all these animes...

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Hmm...I was really fond of the art for Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, and I'm usually not that big a fan of Carnelian ^_^

Lots of good suggestions here. Onegai Twins.. sometimes I just watch the opening and purely enjoy it for how well they did it.

And Gankutsuo is just going to be continually good. Got to love what they did with the clothing. A lot of art lessons in that.

i have to say Monochrome is just great stylisticly too.

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

Definatly Tasukete! Mave-Chan.

imo - all the bigs ones are nice
naruto-bleach-onepiece ~ etc
gundams if u prefer mechs ~

i forget leiji mistsumoto haruhiko mikimoto y yosiyuki sadamoto they are great artist too

animazine.blogspot.com
Signature

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Blood The Last Vampire had really striking art in my opinion. Loved it very much and want to see more using it.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

maiku-chan

maiku-chan

Nippon no furiku

omg Gankutsuou has the worst anime design i ever saw. it sucks hard >_<
Angel Sanctuary has the perfect design for me, i like it veeeeery much ^^;

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.