the Problem with MT threads analysed

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

Cancel

Firstly before you all start forming an internet mob and run people out of town, i'll make myself clear that this is not critiscm of MT but a discussion in a hope to improve it.

OK first things first i would like to express my dissappointment in that my Ah my Goddess title poll thread was closed. it may share a similar title to other threads but the content is actually different its the only one with a poll. This brings to attention the prob that becos so many people start threads that all the titles have been used up, if you think of a different one it may end up not indicating the nature of the thread.
Next thing i notice is becos many people start threads any new thread you hav made would have been pushed too far down the list before anybody has the chance to read.
This could be dissappointing to a lot of people becos MT has so many members the server deals with a high volume of traffic thus this results in slow connections for many of us, imagine you've waited all that time to get your thread up only for it to receive no replies! oh dear
One suggestion might be to offer more categories for threads but i dont know what technical implications that may have.
Does anybody notice this problem and wish to discuss it?

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Cancel

Maybe a catagory that shows only the threads by date of creation not last reply.
Yeah well I personally brows the entire thread list until the moment I last saw it so I hardl miss anything. There are allways people around to read your thread so if nobody answers by then probably not many people find it interesting. For the thread names you could allways make themlonger.

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

Cancel

i think that there should be strictter criteria for threads, i know i have done some pretty horrible ones, but with a strictter, ok, how do you spell strict but more of it, you know adding the er to the end. ah. ok, still with a more strict criteria there would be less spam threads or duplicates. and with less threads, new threads would have more time on the top before being pushed down. oh well. just an idea.

Signature

Cancel

hmm... i really don't know yet... i haven't yet got quite familiar with MT forum... but i have to say MT is a bit slow to download pages (especialy the pics in a commenting page...). ah well, i do the like the sound of having less threads so new ones would be able to be visible longer, but i don't really think that will be done because some will probably say that it'll restrict their wanting of comunicating new things... which is also can very well stand.

Cancel

Quote by Morpheehmm... i really don't know yet... i haven't yet got quite familiar with
MT forum... but i have to say MT is a bit slow to download pages
(especialy the pics in a commenting page...).

Solution: Get Firefox and enter the codes that make it run faster (hidden in one of the firefox threads here)

Yes, threads with new replies do push other threads to other pages... is there some way they could show more threads per page?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.