Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anti-America - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 68 total items

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

.::Hopeless::.

I've notice that since going to college I've meet people that don't like or agree with America, (I was like thank goodness) In high school I didn't really meet many of those types of people(maybe b/c my school was packed with rednecks, no offense to rednecks^^') I mean I personnaly don't agree with a lot of the things the government does or even how some citizens think. I know we are privileged I guess.. and we may be better off than some countries but sometimes I feel as though America thinks it's better than evryone else. I DO NOT know anything about politics so I'm not even going to try and get into that^^' I am Anti-America but that DOES NOT mean I hate Americans so please don't start that with me. I just wanted to know if there were any other people out there who thought the same thing^^ (Yes I am American, but not by choice^^')

Signature Image
You shattered all the hopes and dreams I never had.....

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

same here, i'm not big on the fact that America tries to be the best nation. the only thing that i do like about America is that its been my home for my whole life and that i've met some great ppl.

Signature Image

gundam

gundam

King of Gundams

Good old USA I live in Hawaii so I don't feel 100% American but I am not Anti-American if any thing I am more American then most of the people who live on the main land (usa) because I am part American Indian cool yes lol but I been to California, Nevada and Arizona. America do think it's better than evryone else I know that but I feel Hawaii does not feel that way and I am a Democratic lol.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Here in Europe there's kind of many people who are at least a little anti-American. But personally I think it's a bad thing to label a whole country and saying your anti-american. I would be voting for the democratic party if I lived in the united states because I feel that it's the republic party that has most of that conservatory thoughts about how things should be. I also have this kind of scary picture about how the american media is making stories rather than reporting real ones.

But I never been there yet so I don't really know that much. >_>

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

Um.. I'm not saying everyone thinks America is better but I know there are some people out there and poor Hawaii and Alaska people sdometimes forget you're a part of the USA lol

Signature Image

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Pretty much everyone is Anti-American because of Bush or some other stupid crap. Though whats even more humerous is seeing those people collide with those that think if you hate the States so much and you live in the States that you should get out of the U.S. Quite an interesting topic if I do say so myself, freedom of speech nonetheless and you can think what you want to.

I'm not really anti/for anything. More of a neutral person about the whole matter. Though I don't hate where I live...I'm honored to be blessed with the freedoms I have and the freedom to be able to insult my government without being arrested or executed. Privilages are something that some people don't consider at times. I'd more of like to say....if your gonna hate something... hate it for a good reason...Nothing in life is perfect and I know theres plenty of things that the U.S. can do in order to improve.

Great topic choice Dark, ^^ In these recent times its an issue that is popping up all over the place and I look foward to seeing what others feel about this issue as well.

Signature Image

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Quote by DarkMaiden1369I've notice that since going to college I've meet people that don't
like or agree with America, (I was like thank goodness) In high school
I didn't really meet many of those types of people(maybe b/c my school
was packed with rednecks, no offense to rednecks^^') I mean I
personnaly don't agree with a lot of the things the government does or
even how some citizens think. I know we are privileged I guess.. and we
may be better off than some countries but sometimes I feel as though
America thinks it's better than evryone else. I DO NOT know anything
about politics so I'm not even going to try and get into that^^' I am
Anti-American but that DOES NOT mean I hate Americans so please don't
start that with me. I just wanted to know if there were any other
people out there who thought the same thing^^ (Yes I am American, but
not by choice^^')

Well, that is a easy way of puting aside the complexity of this country's role in the intentional stage. I think when you say you are Anti-American, you mean you are aganist our government's foreign policy. I think a lot of people don't make that distinction. American aren't the ones that is giving themselves a black eye to the rest of the world, but the our government's boneheaded foreign policy makes it that way. Not all Americans have any clue or knowledge of why they are hated, so the question should be ask about our leadership's responsiblity of our national image.

As for the greater number of people in college rather in high school being Anti-american, you can attribute that to the fact in college it exposes to you greater diveristy as well as information that you might not get from high school, plus the professor are by far more liberal than your high school teachers.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Idiot america.. Never liked that country, built on stolen dreams and murdered corpses.. No wonder it has sunken as deep as it has.

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

ok cynaideblizzard I never said I hated Americans^^' but um.. ok I don't have problem with them and I live here b/c I have to^^' parents make me plus I need to finish up college(its expensive out of country) after that I'm moving to Canada or Japan to teach^^

Signature Image

Mabui

Mabui

Ai no Message

I'm not anti-America, but I'm anti-USA. That's because I think Bush is not fit to be a president. More than half of the people I know hate Bush and that leads them to be anti-USA. I was planning to go live there a couple of years ago, now I wouldn't if I so were forced too. Who knows... Maybe I'll start liking USA again when Hit... I mean Bush gets replaced! ^^; I would like to visit to Hawaii though, seems like a cool place. ^-^ Hope no one got angry at me now, just saying what I think... That thing about Bush, not Hawaii. :P

God is just something mankind made up so they could blame everything that they couldn't explain on something.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I never said you did either, I don't even know where your getting that from because before I edited I mention some people in general, not you. Gah I really do hope this doesn't get out of hand.....>.> I also wish you luck on your teaching job as well.

Once again, sorry if I offended you.

Signature Image

I'm not Anti-American and will never will. My brother is in the u.s.m.c. and fighting overseas at one of the most dangerous area around. People are entitled to their own opinion and that's what American is about. Freedom. I personally am grateful to have been born in u.s.a. and not in some other country. Not that I am bashing the rest of the world I just see fortunate I am to live and see what horrors go on outside of America. Hope noone get upsets with me....it's just how I feel. ^^

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

sorry I misunerstood Cy^^'

Signature Image

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Quote by CyanideBlizzard I'd more of like to say....if your gonna hate something...
hate it for a good reason...Nothing in life is perfect and I know
theres plenty of things that the U.S. can do in order to improve.

Well, that is where the confusion comes in, people need to make a distinction between the US government and the US people. The policy isn't the same between the two, sure, we elected them, but our government are ones that is foster our image to the rest of the world. Yes, nothing in life is perfect, but I don't think just because life is that way we can't have dissent to what we believe as wrong. Being dissatistfied with the condition and the development of your country is a perfect reason to voice your dissent or disappointment. People who love this country voice their opinion eventhough it isn't popular, our founding fathers asked that of us, because it is a form civil duties. I think you will agree with me that above all else people shouldn't turn this into one of those where if you love american you can't say anything bad about it or else you aren't patriotic, because I have heard enough that crap as someone who was born from a communist country.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

albion

albion

Feeder of Ravens

Here in Mexico we have to deal with the American foreign policy on a daily basis, we even have a common cynic saying....."Mexico, tan lejos de Dios y tan cerca de Estados Unidos"..... which goes something like: "Mexico, so far from God, so close to usa". This speaks a lot about the common opinion we share here about our neighbors in the North. On the other side, I agree that the hard feelings are normally felt towards Americans as a country, and not as individuals. I currently work with two girls I have known for years, and they mean the world to me.

I'm not lazy, I'm Zen

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Quote by DarkMaiden1369I've notice that since going to college I've meet people that don't
like or agree with America, (I was like thank goodness) In high school
I didn't really meet many of those types of people(maybe b/c my school
was packed with rednecks, no offense to rednecks^^') I mean I
personnaly don't agree with a lot of the things the government does or
even how some citizens think. I know we are privileged I guess.. and we
may be better off than some countries but sometimes I feel as though
America thinks it's better than evryone else. I DO NOT know anything
about politics so I'm not even going to try and get into that^^' I am
Anti-American but that DOES NOT mean I hate Americans so please don't
start that with me. I just wanted to know if there were any other
people out there who thought the same thing^^ (Yes I am American, but
not by choice^^')

You and I are not so different. :P

I'm an American, though. Even tho I'm Anti-America...

But here's History lesson for today...

Saddam dictates a whole lotta shit and ignores the United Nations. Even so, the United Nations don't start a war. America goes right ahead anyway, even tho they got little followers.

I've met some nice ppl here and there, but I've also met the biggest shitheads evah!

Mainly the adults. The stupid doctor arrests my mom and locks her in a hospital cuz of a threatening bluff. My mom may say psychotic words, but she'd never actually do it. She's been doing this to me for about 10 freaking years now, so I should know. They say they care about our health... that or they want healthy people making money and stuff like that. There's always a bigger story behind simple details and reason... or... I'm just a rejected bastard.

Either way, my opinion towards the country won't change. XP Like DarkMaiden said, I don't hate Americans, I hate ppl like Bush. <<;;

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

Also not anti-america. I am however, anti-bush. It seems that we are getting worse presdents by the year. We need one of the old ones back or one of the roman guys from way back. seeing as they took control of alot of land, i think they would be best to be presedent :P

just kiding about the roman part but yeah, bush is an idiot.

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I don't really like America ( I live here ) but it's because of the way we get into people business, and the fact that some of the people here are so ignorant. I can give you more reasons but it wouldn't matter cause it's just my point of view and not yours. Sometimes I feel like we are the biggest terrorist in the world. Do I need to give you a reason? Don't get me wrong cause I don't hate America... I just don't like it either.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

I agree bush sucks ass but if Kerry were elected that wouldn't have been much better either way we were at a lose.. I voted for Nadar lol ^^'

Signature Image

First I have to say that i have no bad feelings about most of the american people, but I´m against the system they have in america.
America was one of the first democratic states of the world. The only problem is that the democracy is only on a sheet of paper, and not in the real life.
I ´ve never been to america, but dont think that fact makes me stupid or so. I´ve read a lot about American history, and try to get good input.

Martin Luther King, John F Kennedy, the Black Panther Party. Who did kill them???
Kyoto Protocolls, who hasnt undersignet them although the US do most of the garbage in the world?
Iraq, who did attack this country although the reasons were wrong?
Blacks, Indians, Latinos, why have they still less chances to integrates than whites?

And now the US has voted a man who doesnt care about most of the problems.
How can you fell positive about america then?
Im really happy that i live in germany.
Because here the hard times are over...

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

After, reading all these posts i have a suggestion. Why dont you say your Anti-us policy or anti forign policy. When you say your anti-american you saying you hate the ppl too. I find statements like that very ignorant!! So dont say your anti-american say your against tje policys of the us!! By saying this you as bad as the ppl you dont like!! You could always leave, and live in china where you have no freedoms!!!

Signature

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

lol Miroku4444 I knew you wouldn't like this thread^^' but I am anti-america I never said I hated the people and nor did anyone else so chil out^^' people are entitled to there opinions whether you like them or not^^ Not to be mean so don't take offense

Signature Image

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

I dont think your mean!! ^--^, but when your saying your anti-american your saying you hate the ppl too. So if you dont hate all the ppl why do you phrase it like that?? I dont go around saying im anti-chinese or anti-iraq!! We may have our faults, but our intentions arent of malious thoughts!!

I think ppl take ther freedoms for granted here!! Try living in other parts of the world where you have to fight for your life to survive!!

Signature

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

um... hey learn to read i said Anti-AMERICA plus I said before I didnt hate them.. geez ^^ '

Signature Image

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 68 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.