Do you judge the book by its cover?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

ni-chan

ni-chan

^ Broken Wings ^

Cancel

be honest with yourself...do you judge people by how they look?
I know you later judge a person by his/hers peronality...
but you always get a first impresson that you judge from...don't you?

hehe...btw just ended a philosophy essay ^^....gone a little philosophical here...so bare with me XD

I wish that I could take a journey through your mind

Signature Image

[Hispanime]

Cancel

uhm...well I don't really care how people look...just a bit social would be oke =)
i get my first impresson by looking what people do and how they will do it......and ofcourse a nice conversation =)

Cancel

Depends how you mean, I suppose. I don't hate people because they're ugly or anything like that...

But I do make assumptions about people's personalities from the way they look. I think it's pretty fair really, because about 75% of the time it's correct, for me at least. So if I see someone who looks like they would be annoying, I avoid them... there's a chance they could be cool, but it's not worth the risk when it's more likely I would dislike them.

I mean (and this is probably just a British stereotype, but still), if I see someone wearing an adidas tracksuit, with an earing and shaved hair with a longer fringe, I can be almost certain that they're neds/chavs and I would absolutely detest them. I don't really feel guilty about judging people by their appearance if they've intentionally made their appearance fit the stereotype of a social group who are notoriously nasty, ill-behaved and uneducated people. :p

• Jan 14, 2005
Cancel

I tend to ignore the stereotypes based on dress because, from my experience, though people dress a certain way, they are often still very intelligent and interesting people. However, I'd say that I do judge a person's expressions. For example. some people have snobby demeanors and with them, I keep an acquaintance type relation until they prove otherwise. I'm a very trusting person though ^^ or should I be =P ?

• Jan 14, 2005
Cancel

I judge actual books by their cover all the time.

• Jan 14, 2005
Cancel

I think it's more of how they dress, or even how they do their hair. I mean, if they're all slutty looking, then chances are they're a slut. Or if they're wearing profuse amounts of black, then they're probably goth. 'Course, clothes don't always reflect how people are, but it does work most of the time.

• Jan 14, 2005

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

Cancel

Everyone does it's human nature, even if you don't think you did but you do, it depends on if you act on that judgement or not.

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

• Jan 14, 2005

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Cancel

[woofie] wtf is a nev/chav? never heard of this of course im not british. ^_^'

unless your looking for a date is it really necessary to judge and make presumptions on someone's appearance?

listen- it''s human nature to judge BUT one can also keep an open mind and give people the benfit of the doubt. i have meet extremely interesting people who don't fit stereotypes. ;)

so give people a chance ....

sUmm3r

{{cRaZy_B3auTifuL}}

Cancel

yeh i admit sometimes i do but that's totally normal ^^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Cancel

You always want something nice in life^^
Though something nice might be something you already left behind.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

• Jan 14, 2005

DeathKnight666

Mischief Maker

Cancel

Quote by DistortionEveryone does it's human nature, even if you don't think you did but you do, it depends on if you act on that judgement or not.

you are so right, but even though we all do it, i dont think its morally right to do

Signature Image

• Jan 14, 2005
Cancel

Quote by DREAM[woofie] wtf is a nev/chav? never heard of this of course im not british. ^_^'

I don't really know how to explain it, you have to see it yourself... ^_^;

They're basically just people (usually, but not always, from council estates) who don't bother with school, and spends all their time hanging around on the streets in gangs, shouting abuse or starting fights. Not usually hardened criminals yet (though a lot will end up that way), but they're a big nuisance in cities here.

[url="http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/"]This site explains it, and is quite funny. :p[/url] <Link

• Jan 14, 2005

papyworld

papyworld

Papaya

Cancel

hi ni-chan *still a little part of birthday cake for me ? :p*

well about books, it's quite true; when i see an interesting cover i'm tempted to buy it ^^ about games it's the same. But if i know that the content is good and that the cover is awful i still buy the book :)

it's the same in the real life ... it's obvious i can't take my eyes of a beautiful girl ^^ but here; we only talk to the person and we appreciate them for how beautiful they are inside of them. All the persons i have met here are so kind and i love them all. It doesn't matter to me how they look because i find them great and i love their company ...
but as a boy with a lot of hormones , it's also good to me when i meet a very cute girl ^^ i'm sure ni-chan is :D

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

ni-chan

ni-chan

^ Broken Wings ^

Cancel

heheh the book part was just a metafor...but you can answer that to if want ^^

I wish that I could take a journey through your mind

Signature Image

[Hispanime]

Cancel

many times the people buy a book by the cover then when open the book inside it's so different it's the same in the life

animazine.blogspot.com
Signature

Kwadjo

zionist

Cancel

Im personally a non-conformist human meaning I believe everyone should wear what ever they feel like, and if some one doesn't like it then that their own negativity. Or, He who holds the hate is the hater. I feel that everyone of us had beautiful colors to bring to this world, and it really sucks to see people have to hide that just to be liked by others. It probably doesn't matter in the end, but rejecting our brothers and sisters only confines our minds. So be nice and everything will be nice.

Signature

• Jan 14, 2005

AcidTearZ

AcidTearZ

Gimme Yaoi >=D

Cancel

Hmm.. when I meet/see people, I make first impressions (usually disliking them). Yeah... i know that's mean and all but I just have a way of judging people by how they act... gay, bitchy, annoying, etc. Usually my friends think that that's mean. But later on, they realize that the people ARE annoying and stuff. Doesn't make sense eh OX ?

Visit-->[ My b.l.o.g. ]
Signature

moonwick

-=Simple Waller=-

Cancel

yes, i beleive in first imressions thats why when i have a meeting with someone i know, i try my best to please him/her

signature and avatar made by me.. tutorial from shinta
Signature
-=Simple Is Beautiful=-
Yahoo Messenger : moonwickwebmaster@yahoo.com

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Cancel

by 1st looks yes I do.
but thats only half of what I thought of that person.
the other half is of course getting to know em.

but really, 1st impression does play quite an important role. if ya saw a guy/gurl sitting doing absolutely nothing, smoking, wearing some improper clothing, do you wanna know get to know em?

Cancel

I think appearances can tell you a lot about people too, though the impression is not always correct. Like for example, the way people dress can tell u if they are neat, their taste, etc

But you can only make friends after you get to know them after all i guess. ^________^

- This Free Life Crisis -

Cancel

<lol> So, apparently it takes four seconds to get a lasting impression of someone. But a good tip from a person I well respect is this: look at how they treat their parents and siblings. Because that's how they'll be treating you in five years time.

:) Yeah, I judge people by their covers all the time. It's usually something general, like "Cool!" or "Freaky.." but usually looks don't really matter to me-- my fault is judging someone after I've talked to them for about 30 seconds.

I know, call me stuck up or whatever. ^_^' But if the way they speak irritates me (i'm not talking about accents here. more general things like people who sound anxious all the time, or ask question after question..) I'll have a hard time making myself get to know them.

GutsyAnime

GutsyAnime

Hardcore Gamer

Cancel

I usually do, if I see some guy dressed like a thug I usually feel as though he is the type to steal or start fights or just be plain ol' not nice.

I always respect people I don't know, until through getting to know them they give me a reason not to.

• Jan 24, 2005
Cancel

I guess a little bit, yeah. But I reserve my oppinion about somebody untill I get to know him/her a bit more the I make up my mind. ^_^'

To fly beyond ones dreams ...

• Jan 24, 2005

Kori

Kori

Eternally Frozen in Time

Cancel

I do judge people by what they look like. That doesn't mean that I don't respect them and am impolite of we happen to talk. At times like this, I'm more than often, if not always, careful with what I say no matter who it is or what they look like. First of all, you don't know what this person is like and therefore don't know if the things you say might offend them, second is that you simply can't blurt out all private stuff, now can you?

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.