Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 do you play piano??? - Minitokyo

do you play piano???

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 148 total items

hi everybody????
just want to ask:
what kind of piano do you have?????
what's your favorite sheet....music....songs....dunno how to call that XD
how long has you been playing piano???
whats your favorite..music sheet...song...or ....how do you call that???XD

(I had searched before I start this tread...I've found some tread ......about playing guitar or just instrument.....but I want some piano players so I started this one.....)

I play a piano =D for about....8 years now =) and I like it ^^
I really like that turkish march of mozart
and for the non classical sheets..... I like that music of kimagure Orange road "missing"
really cool...
p.s If you want it...message me ^_^

lunacrystal

lunacrystal

Am I alive?

i dont play the piano but i want to learn how!i use to play the violin,viola,and cello!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I don't play anymore but then again I don't think I ever really play before :\

i used to play pretty well...even bought a keyboard...then just never had much time to play so im a bit rusty...

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

If I did, I'd pull a Nicol Amarfi and attempt to do a live concert. Hopefully no enemy mobile suit will slice me in half with an Anti-Ship sword, crushing my dreams. >_> :*sob*

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

9 years of piano for me. I should practice more *runs off and starts playing theme songs to random anime series*

shirahana

white flower

I play the piano! *waves hand* Um.... *counts* for 8 years xd

i have gotten incredibly lazy though... x_x; I still practice, but now that I'm older, there are so many other things to do... so it's hard to find time for it....

But anyway, my favorite classical piece that I've played is a rhapsody by Brahms... I haven't played it since the 8th grade though =__=; It takes work to keep it up in such good shape... so I just dropped it... But I've had good memories of it ^-^;

Currently, I'm learning a bolero by Chopin... It's catchy... I quite like it, too...

As for nonclassical, I'd have to go with the songs composed by Nobuo Uetmatsu, who works for Final Fantasy. To Zanarkand (ff10) is a classic... I love love love that song.... I used to play it so much that I forced myself not to play it anymore so it wouldn't lose its beauty ^_^' I also played Terra's Theme (from ff6)... It's simple... so I still know how to play it well without having to practice to keep it in good shape.

The type of piano I have? It's nothing special.... I'm not too familiar with the different types of piano out there @_@; I'll just say it's a regular one..... *sweatdrop*

Signature Image Layouts, wallpapers, avatars, templates, brushes, and tutorials for you ^-^;

. . . I express myself. Do you?

I do/did/will. Played for...*counts...gives up* I started when I was little, stopped because the teacher was scary -.-' Started again...8 years ago and have "played" ever since. I own a Yamaha. No baby grand or grand lol. It's hard to choose a favorite with all the amazing pieces my teacher chose. I'd say my favorite..composer would be...Shostakovich =]

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

I play the piano! I started when I was 6 or 7 and played for 3 years... then I came to New Zealand stopped learnig and started flute >___<
i can still play some of the ones i kept playing..
i'm not brilliant, but at least i can play! ^___^
i like to play various music - those that I can remember.. like.. um,... Plasir d'amour and Mozart's Sonata in C or sumthing like that.. don't know their full titles... ^__^"

btw, i have a Samick piano (it's korean - the piano tuner said it was a good piano... just really out of tune >___<)

No, I'm sorry to say I don't. Its actually the only musical instrument that I would have an interest in learning at this point.

fuzzmegabass

fuzzmegabass

Code Ninja

I used to play piano, but I was only about 8 year old when I was going for lessons, I like playing piano, I'm the person in my family with musical talent, so I think it's pretty cool.

Signature Image

streamside

streamside

deranged.

whoa... hehe... you guys play the piano... cool... :nya:
i've always thought that people who play the piano are quiet and sensitive...
so i'm having a change of point of view right now...

i don't play the piano... i play the guitar.....

i also studied playing the flute on the third grade, but, i got bored with it so i quit...
and... now, i focus much more on singing and my guitar...

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu

"A journey of a thousand miles...
is better in a car."

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

I remember I used to learn piano for a month~ but I think its not for me..
not really musically inclined and cannot remember all the notes~

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

XD I play the piano!!! I'm in grade 5 now but learnt piano for only 3 years now @_@; *I skipped =X coz I played the piano myself without any classes >.<*
Yeahhhh I really enjoy playing piano ^o^
I don't quite like classical musics (gah, they just suck so much)... maybe sentimental ones though..i prefer playing songs with pedals =X..those bouncy jumpy beats i suck at em..lol
I'm not taking any theory, just practical so.. my teacher said it's alright to even learn Jpop/Jrock/Anime OST songs :P Gahaha thats one thing I love bout playing piano ^^
Erm, well my piano's =_= black and, *wats the brand again..* Challen or something. *i dunno lol*
nyaaah ^o^ I love playing piano t______t *bangs on the piano*

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

I play violin...does that count...I quit though...lol...lazy...x_x ...start since...1st grade ....and i quit now

I do play a little bit of piano...??? Hmmm...wat is your point...??? lol... this is a weird question... but a good one...do u need advice or something...??

Well...I do have two piano...one is i dont know the company and the other is yamaha...(electronic)

Signature Image

ni-chan

ni-chan

^ Broken Wings ^

No, i don't know how to play the piano...
only a few songs...
like Twinkle little star :D and some others...
does that count xd...
i would like to learn though ^^

I wish that I could take a journey through your mind

Signature Image

[Hispanime]

shhho

shhz!

i wish i had learn it when i was much younger.. haha kinda regret now.. o.o

Quote by AthrunIf I did, I'd pull a Nicol Amarfi and attempt to do a live concert.
Hopefully no enemy mobile suit will slice me in half with an Anti-Ship
sword, crushing my dreams. >_> :*sob*

ugg....it's really hard to find that song that Nicol amarfi has played...it's called" Namida no Theme" but can't find it -_-"..........really want to play that song........but I've founde ignited ^_^ really cool =D

Quote by shirihana
I play the piano! *waves hand* Um.... *counts* for 8 years xd
i have gotten incredibly lazy though... smiley; I still practice, but now that I'm older, there are so many other things to do... so it's hard to find time for it....
But anyway, my favorite classical piece that I've played is a rhapsody by Brahms... I haven't played it since the 8th grade though =__=; It takes work to keep it up in such good shape... so I just dropped it... But I've had good memories of it ^-^;
Currently, I'm learning a bolero by Chopin... It's catchy... I quite like it, too...
As for nonclassical, I'd have to go with the songs composed by Nobuo Uetmatsu, who works for Final Fantasy. To Zanarkand (ff10) is a classic... I love love love that song.... I used to play it so much that I forced myself not to play it anymore so it wouldn't lose its beauty smiley I also played Terra's Theme (from ff6)... It's simple... so I still know how to play it well without having to practice to keep it in good shape.
The type of piano I have? It's nothing special.... I'm not too familiar with the different types of piano out there @_@; I'll just say it's a regular one..... *sweatdrop*

hmz.....I think there is always some time to play piano =D that's sure for me ...even with mountains high of homework-_-"....
well....I don't really play some songs of chopin and brahms......(I don't have their songs XD)
but some music of chopin sounds really nice......and brahms.....I don't really know him.....MayB you can send a music sheet of him to me =P????? I really want to take a look =D COOL!!!! you have the final fantasy song.....to zanarkand????? cool ...i couldn't find it.......-_-"....just found suteki da ne......

Quote by eunasahngI play the piano! I started when I was 6 or 7 and played for 3 years...
then I came to New Zealand stopped learnig and started flute
>___<
i can still play some of the ones i kept playing.. i'm not brilliant,
but at least i can play! ^___^
i like to play various music - those that I can remember.. like..
um,... Plasir d'amour and Mozart's Sonata in C or sumthing like that..
don't know their full titles... ^__^"
btw, i have a Samick piano (it's korean - the piano tuner said it was a
good piano... just really out of tune >___<)

woah sis euna can play piano ^_^ yippee!! hehe....hmz....I don't have heard about plasir d'amour but mozart's sonata in C major is nice ^_^ I'm playing that sometimes.....but the last 2 pages I don't play that often..... the song is really long X_x ugg........hmz....a korean piano??? samick.....hmzz interessting.....=)

Quote by streamsidewhoa... hehe... you guys play the piano... cool... :nya:
i've always thought that people who play the piano are quiet and sensitive...
so i'm having a change of point of view right now...

i don't play the piano... i play the guitar.....

i also studied playing the flute on the third grade, but, i got bored with it so i quit...
and... now, i focus much more on singing and my guitar...

well..sesitive when playing on a piano I think XD hmz.....but I'm pretty quite in my normal live XD

Quote by Yumi-ChanXD I play the piano!!! I'm in grade 5 now but learnt piano for only 3
years now @_@; *I skipped =X coz I played the piano myself without any
classes >.<*
Yeahhhh I really enjoy playing piano ^o^
I don't quite like classical musics (gah, they just suck so much)...
maybe sentimental ones though..i prefer playing songs with pedals
=X..those bouncy jumpy beats i suck at em..lol
I'm not taking any theory, just practical so.. my teacher said it's
alright to even learn Jpop/Jrock/Anime OST songs :P Gahaha thats one
thing I love bout playing piano ^^
Erm, well my piano's =_= black and, *wats the brand again..* Challen or
something. *i dunno lol*
nyaaah ^o^ I love playing piano t______t *bangs on the piano*

cool!!!! yumi-chan likes to play piano ^_^ hmz...well I don't know wich grade I am...I never tried to take a test.....but....I think I can play piano pretty well......(but....have token a stop for about 3 years now......and my skills are falling a bit back -_-"........well in the past I played everyday for about 20 minutes...and then it's enough for me =P)
wuahahh prefering songs with playing with pedals right? hehe....songs with pedals sounds nice but...soms staccato songs are quite funny to listen to it XD
mayB you can send some jpop or what ever to me....I really want to play that =D I'm playing some hkpop anda....some game music....like simple and clean from KH.....suteki da ne from FFX like that ..............but I don't have something like jpop =D...so...could you send some of your jpop collection to me =P??????????????

hmz.....forgot to introduce you all to my piano XD
well....it's black ......not a winged piano ..........uhm.....about 8 years old for now XD anda......Petrof is the name of the brand of my piano xd!!!!! I like my piano....but it must be tuned again.....arg >_<

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

I play the piano. I'm a Grade ABRSM (Associative Board of the Royal School of Music) Pianist.
My sensei told me I have beyond Grade 6 standard, like Grade 7, which is an advanced pianist.
I passed my grade 6 about 3 years ago. I've been learning piano for 6-7 years. But now I don't take anymore piano lessons because I had to start college in 2001. Now, I still don't take any lessons, but I do teach myself.
I used to play a lot of classical and jazz pieces mainly Beethoven (sonatas) and Chopin (Nocturne in E flat), but now I play anime music and some 70-90's chinese music. Yup that's right, I play anime music. Because that I can't get access to official music scores from shops, I usually play anime music by ear, that is listen and play. I've no anime sheet music, except for some little ones from the internet. The sheet music and books I have are mainly classical, movie, Disney, and some cantonese/chinese sheet music.

I can play some music from Onegai Teacher, Love Hina, Tenchi Muyo, Ah! My Goddess, Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Ai Yori Aoshi, and lots more.

So now I'm more of a anime music player than classical. Oh yeah, I also improvise a lot of chinese and anime music too.

I plan on uploading some recordings of my anime song performances too, that is if I have time to implement a way of doing so.

Quote by Kei-kunI play the piano. I'm a Grade abrsm (Associative Board of the Royal
School of Music) Pianist.
My sensei told me I have beyond Grade 6 standard, like Grade 7, which
is an advanced pianist.
I passed my grade 6 about 3 years ago. I've been learning piano for 6-7
years. But now I don't take anymore piano lessons because I had to
start college in 2001. Now, I still don't take any lessons, but I do
teach myself.
I used to play a lot of classical and jazz pieces mainly Beethoven
(sonatas) and Chopin (Nocturne in E flat), but now I play anime music
and some 70-90's chinese music. Yup that's right, I play anime music.
Because that I can't get access to official music scores from shops, I
usually play anime music by ear, that is listen and play. I've no anime
sheet music, except for some little ones from the internet. The sheet
music and books I have are mainly classical, movie, Disney, and some
cantonese/chinese sheet music.
I can play some music from Onegai Teacher, Love Hina, Tenchi Muyo, Ah!
My Goddess, Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Ai Yori
Aoshi, and lots more. So now I'm more of a anime music player than
classical. Oh yeah, I also improvise a lot of chinese and anime music
too.
I plan on uploading some recordings of my anime song performances too,
that is if I have time to implement a way of doing so.

woah pro here ^_^ cool =P hehe ........cool grade ....grade 7 ....=)
I'm wondering which chinese music you play =D hehe I have some...but not much.......I really want some more......so I want to ask you some nice music ^^

Haha, i have a ~20 year old Tonica upright piano that's half a tone off XD. Just never got around to tuning it. Heh, I've been playing classical stuff for about 7 years. But then college happens and so I only get to play during breaks :(. Still, it's fun. Richard Clayderman is good (seeing that someone mentioned "plaisir d'amour"; I think that's the composer...). Currently (well, over christmas and the summer before) trying to learn Chopin's Polonaise Op. 44 no. 5. A very fun piece to play so far. :d

i haven't yet tried a lot of anime music yet.

FTM -9 >.<

Quote by PraetorianHaha, i have a ~20 year old Tonica upright piano that's half a tone off
XD. Just never got around to tuning it. Heh, I've been playing
classical stuff for about 7 years. But then college happens and so I
only get to play during breaks :(. Still, it's fun. Richard Clayderman
is good (seeing that someone mentioned "plaisir d'amour"; I think
that's the composer...). Currently (well, over christmas and the summer
before) trying to learn Chopin's Polonaise Op. 44 no. 5. A very fun
piece to play so far. :d

woah some interesting piece...Polonaise........

I lost my turkish march of mozart .....does anyone has that piece?????????? >_<

thebigdoublek

thebigdoublek

The Last Hurrah

I wish I had learned the piano, because it's so beautiful sounding, and it makes the ladies melt with passion... or anyone. I mean someone that can play an instrument beautifully is just reflecting the beauty in their soul when they express it through music. :D

Signature Image

{Fight-club}{MT-Singles-Club}{RPG-Fans}{Ecchi-Club}{ShirowClub}

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Quote by PraetorianHaha, i have a ~20 year old Tonica upright piano that's half a tone off XD. Just never got around to tuning it. Heh, I've been playing classical stuff for about 7 years. But then college happens and so I only get to play during breaks :(. Still, it's fun. Richard Clayderman is good (seeing that someone mentioned "plaisir d'amour"; I think that's the composer...). Currently (well, over christmas and the summer before) trying to learn Chopin's Polonaise Op. 44 no. 5. A very fun piece to play so far. :d

Yeah Richard Clayderman is an excellent pianist. I've some of his pieces actually. And also, let's not forget Carl Doy, which I like better than Clayderman. Doy has played some great pieces from classics to movie favorites, including Disney songs.
I forgot to mention this, but I've also played many classics like Mozart's Rondo Alla Turca, like meteorcloud said. And some Schumann.

Say, about chinese music. I actually only have a few. They are sheet music books from Hong Kong, and thus contains oldies from the 80-90s. I don't know if you know any artists from back then since you were only a baby back then. Songs from people like Priscilla Chan, Jacky Cheung, Leon Lai, Vivian Chow, etc.
The sheet music and CDs I'd like to get my hands on are those of Teresa Teng, Sam Hui, Paula Tsui, and the masterpieces by Wong Tsim and Kwu Ka Fai (?). My pinyin is bad... gomen. I don't even know if you know what I'm talking about here, because I don't know if you're mandarin- or cantonese-chinese.

Since I don't have most of the chinese sheet music, I simply listen and play from CDs by ear. It's only a simple listen to "chord-progression-&-play-back" and the melody as well of course. But I've done that for almost every single anime song and music I've come across. So I have a powerful sense of hearing. Jokin' XP

[EDIT1]
Also I forgot to mention my piano. I've an up-right standing piano, manufacturer Bentley. The sound I get from it is too soft. It's all too muffled, and not clear as crystal like those you get from grand pianos and other makes like Yamaha, and the great German-made pianos, etc.
Actually, I got my piano before I started learning piano. That was because I was so determined to learn it that I got one beforehand.

And for my favorite sheet music? I've no idea, because the music I love to play the most are anime songs, e.g. Shooting Star and Sori no Mori de from Onegai Teacher, and those I have no sheet music of. So better say favorite song here, and that depends on how well or professional I make it sound, I play so many, can't pick really. Gah... whatever, I'll pick Shooting Star :D
I have to list all of the anime music I play so I can keep track. XP

[EDIT2]

Quote by meteorcloudI lost my turkish march of mozart .....does anyone has that piece??????????

You're referring to the Turkish Rondo, correct? I have that.
In fact I bought like 2 years ago, the official German version. I had to buy the German copy because the Turkish Rondo isn't licensed here in England.
I'll scan it in for you after my exams. Be sure to remind me on Thursday 20th January to scan it in case I forget. ^_^'

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 148 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.