Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think about Marilyn Manson? - Minitokyo

What do you think about Marilyn Manson?

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Hey all. I just wanted to know what you think about Marilyn Manson. A lot of people i know think hes a total freak, and think im a freak for being a fan of his (hes one of my favorite artists). So, are you another person who is afraid of him? Or are you a fan too? Share your opinions with me.

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

Yunsung

Yunsung

Who smokes the blunts?

he's a freak... but d4m|\| some of his songs are really good. (but I prefere Korn anyway ;) )

Laserowa korekcja wady wzroku <- moja strona na temat korekcji wzroku metoda PRK/LASEK

lunacrystal

lunacrystal

Am I alive?

he scares the shyt out of me!!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

DeathKnight666

Mischief Maker

i love marilyn manson, one of my favorite artists, i dont think hes a freak, to me it seems like he really defines the alternative/goth style.

Signature Image

darkfirefox

darkfirefox

Spriggan

he doesn't scare me, I just don't like his music. I prefer Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir.

Signature
The ever beautiful Rabi en Rose

If there's one thing he's not, it's a freak. He's obviously a very intelligent man, and knows exactly what he's doing and the effect it will have. He's also got a surprisingly good sense of humour, and doesn't take what he does anywhere near as seriously as both his fans and his haters do. I've seen him on a few chat shows over hear, and he's impressed me every time... he's a cool, pretty normal guy really; just an excellent showman as well. Anyone who's scared of him is either ignorant (in the non-offensive use of the word) or crazy. O_o

As for his music... eh, it's alright. Some very good songs, some decent songs, a lot of fairly boring songs. I like my rock and metal to be a bit faster than that, I guess. :) He puts on a great live show, though.

Quote by WoofieIf there's one thing he's not, it's a freak. He's obviously a very intelligent man, and knows exactly what he's doing and the effect it will have. He's also got a surprisingly good sense of humour, and doesn't take what he does anywhere near as seriously as both his fans and his haters do. I've seen him on a few chat shows over hear, and he's impressed me every time... he's a cool, pretty normal guy really; just an excellent showman as well. Anyone who's scared of him is either ignorant (in the non-offensive use of the word) or crazy. O_o
As for his music... eh, it's alright. Some very good songs, some decent songs, a lot of fairly boring songs. I like my rock and metal to be a bit faster than that, I guess. :) He puts on a great live show, though.

When someone dresses and acts as outrageous as him, obviously there will be some people who could consider him "freaky".

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Quote by WoofieIf there's one thing he's not, it's a freak. He's obviously a very intelligent man, and knows exactly what he's doing and the effect it will have. He's also got a surprisingly good sense of humour, and doesn't take what he does anywhere near as seriously as both his fans and his haters do. I've seen him on a few chat shows over hear, and he's impressed me every time... he's a cool, pretty normal guy really; just an excellent showman as well. Anyone who's scared of him is either ignorant (in the non-offensive use of the word) or crazy. O_o

Yay! You took all the words out of my mouth. You have met him in chats though? What kind of chats? Agh! Perhaps i should stalk him >_>;

Signature

Nooo, not in chats unfotrunately, on chat shows/talk shows on TV. :p

Quote by KeyneWhen someone dresses and acts as outrageous as him,
obviously there will be some people who could consider him "freaky".

That's true, but he is a performer, so there's no reason for them to assume his act is the way he really is. ;)

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Oh i see, i totally skipped over the word show Heh heh. -sigh- Sorry for the mix up >:D

Signature

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by Vivid-ReinHey all. I just wanted to know what you think about Marilyn Manson. A
lot of people i know think hes a total freak, and think im a freak for
being a fan of his (hes one of my favorite artists). So, are you
another person who is afraid of him? Or are you a fan too? Share your
opinions with me.

i love marilyn manson. i am partial to his earlier stuff, but like most of his current stuff.

to all the mm haters i will propose a question. do you hate mm because of his music or his appearance? although i don't particulary care for his appearance i love his music. an artist should be soley judged on quality of his/her music, poetry, artwork, etc.

his music is strictly industrial yet his appearance is goth. so i guess this throws people.

maybe someday people will be able to judge othes not on their appearance but by their work.

so he's a damn good artist but not as good as NIN.

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Never really heard any of his music that I can remember. Though I once thought that people are crazy to think he's god ( friends in school ). He's a freak to me before till now I guess. Cause from what I heard from the people I know... his music isn't bad at all. And most of the time I like the music and not the artist. So I'm going with the fact that he has some good songs. ( even though I never heard it... I trust this one friend opinion )

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Quote by DarkSaviorNever really heard any of his music that I can remember. Though I once thought that people are crazy to think he's god ( friends in school ). He's a freak to me before till now I guess. Cause from what I heard from the people I know... his music isn't bad at all. And most of the time I like the music and not the artist. So I'm going with the fact that he has some good songs. ( even though I never heard it... I trust this one friend opinion )

His songs are real really good. To get a taste of his music, you should pick up 'Lest we forget: the best of Marilyn Manson' which has some really awesome songs.

Signature

fuzzmegabass

fuzzmegabass

Code Ninja

I like some of his music, I've seen a few of his interviews, and he seems like a very intelligent person. As far as the image he tries to present... *shrugs* I think it's art, I wish him all the best in luck with his career.

Signature Image

dead

dead

Komm Susser Tod!

Sincerely I love it the real Black metal, I like some songs of MM, but no more, he is a freakie!!!

Signature Image
...Vanity definitely my favorite sin...

He has his goods and bads but just the way he looks and acts in some of his videos, it freaks the shit out of me!

i think he started as an interesting act, but after "mechanical animals" didnt sell too well, he probaby thought "ah f*ck it" and started to go more and more towards the commercial mainstream. now he's still making good music, just not as good as "back then". as for his looks, nice style, but way too artificial to be scary

shhho

shhz!

i think he is real weird... creepy... his songs are... weird too.. haha don't really like him x_x

His musics good and thats all that matters.

"I contend we are both atheists, I simply believe in one less deity than you do. When you understand why you reject the others, you will know why I reject yours."
Razom nas bahato - nas ne podolaty!

clever guy.

About Manson.....well he's one of my fave artists. n their songs are good too. they should be an MTV icon just like Metallica,The cure,Aerosmith,Etc. but although he's kinda Rocks I prefer Korn & Powerman 5000

Mr.Cukong
Signature

GutsyAnime

GutsyAnime

Hardcore Gamer

Yes I am the first guy to vote Who?
I have heard of him and seem to be the only guy on Earth who wishes he hadn't.
He has something wrong with him, but it's considered "art" to most I guess.

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.