Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Cool features on your PS2! - Minitokyo

Cool features on your PS2!

page 1 of 1 5 total items

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Ok, I'm not sure a lot of people know about the PS2's other functions, heck none of my friends knew, so I'm chancing it here.
Anyways, the Ps2 have certain fun abilities, like the "texture smoothener" which basically improves the graphics on certain games like FF8 (smooths textures for characters) and say Suikoden 2 (anti aliases the sprites in sprite games) which makes the game's look a lot better, especially FF8. Though it wont work for other games like say FF7 (since it doesn't use textures, merely gradients).

So now you might be quirious how you get this to work? Quite simple really, all you have to do is to start your PS2 with no game running so the "Browser" & "System Configuration" texts appear. Then simply press Triangle and then Triangle again, go down to "Texture mapping", press X and select "Smooth" then finish by pressing O twice to take you back to where you started, now put in your game and watch the difference :)

There are other functions of course but I think this'll do for now :D

My 250gb that I've installed into my PS2. Ownage.

Hey yeah i know about this option XD. And yep it makes some games look a little better. But i don't really pay that much attention to a game ^^;. I pay more attention to how the gameplay and story is, in a game.
Anyways thanks for sharing!!

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I've considered sticking in a new HDD, but what actual difference are we talking here? Also, I take it they have to be IDE and not sata?

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

rezuke

Napoleon Dynamite

Yeah I've know about it but I've never really bothered with it. I, myself, don't care as much if the gameplay is good.

Wizard needs food, badly.

[My Xanga] (My blog/journal)
[My DA account] (DeviantArt)
Signature

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.