Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 violin vs piano - Minitokyo

violin vs piano

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

sleepingforest

-=-Novice Violinist-=-

personally i think tat both are superb musical instrument....but i like the violin more XP i like the piano too but i juz prefer the violin more hehe violin music are very expressive in my opinion :nya: i juz want to know what other people think of these two instruments and which do they prefer more.

Signature Image

In memories of Aerith Gainsborough....
SleepingForest.

I think both can make a wonderful sound. ^_^ A piano seems a little more versatile, although violins are surprisingly so as well. So I think there's a time and a place for both, and it's hard to choose... but my gut feeling says piano. >_>

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

I also think violin is better. I don't really like the piano. It's just too common. :hmpf:

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

Miyu-DX

Miyu-DX

WhatEveR...

definitely piano, why? just love piano XD
i love songs that have major piano play in them

piano!!!

life muz be appreciated n enjoyed til the fullest so ur wont regret !!!
our life r short and each decision we make can changed ur life 4ever !!
so be careful .................

XD I studied piano for 2 years.....Some of my best friends play at the piano marvelously.....Personally, I love the piano in any context, but considering my father plaied the violin, I learned to appreciate its value also.....Anyway, piano and violin work beautifully both together as individually..... XP

I think both are great musical instruments.

Signature

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Violin, hands down. Of course, I'm a little biased, because I played violin for fourteen years, was the concertmaster of my school orchestra and the local youth philharmonic, etc.

However, to be as objective as possible, I simply like the range of sounds and tones that can be achieved on a violin, from bowed notes, detache, staccato, lyrical, etc. to pizzacato, and even col legno (when you strike the string with the back of your bow, as is done in the opening to Mars from Holst's planet's suite).

That isn't to say that piano is nice as well. . . there are a great number of brilliant piano pieces, and Beethoven and Rachmaninov's piano concerti feature prominently on my study playlist. But my preference still is for the violin.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

I think both are equally beautiful instruments, But if I really had to choose, I'd have to lean towards the piano since you can play a wide range of genres.

Signature

"Give the man a gun, he's Superman; Give him two, he's God." -- Police Commisioner from Hard Boiled

PiroKitty

PiroKitty

*squ33k*

I love the violin and yeah...I'm a little biased as to my opinion as well...I've been playing for about five years now. Though I do wish I could play the piano, the violin is something I'm really working to play well. ^_^'

Signature
Avvie and signature by ShueiTenshi :D

The violin is nice but lots of people do play it same goes with piano I like em both equally but really guys its all about the lower strings do we have any violists or cellists residing? (raises hand)

Songblade

Renkinjutsushi

I love both and I've played both in my life. In terms of listening which instrument playing solo, I would have to say both pale in comparison to the Chinese box harp. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's nuts to play!

They're perfectly equal in my book.

I have listened to both music done by violin and piano and I think they are both good in their own rights.

Final Fantasy 4EVER

The best, when they are together

AWS

AWS

A.mman W.ar S.oftware

This doesn't really make sense seeing as the piano is a rythmn instrument and the violin is a lead instrument though personally I prefer the sound of the piano (low strings are beautiful)

Login:Harry Gorman
Password:Blue-Eyed Boy

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Hard to pick between the two. I used to learn violin when I was really young and found it difficult to pick up so I hated the sound I made. Now that I'm older though I appreciate the sound of a violin alot more. I'd probably go with the piano though, because it's easier to sing with, which I do alot of, than the violin. Both have their merits though and the string section of an orchestra is just a joy to listen to. :D

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

nuuuuu!! I prefer piano!! XD hahahaha nah, its coz i can't play violin u_u
I wonder, but i kinda prefer piano's sound over violin.
If it goes together with piano then I guess it sounds pretty good =3
xd gah whatever, both are stringed instruments X3

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote by AWSThis doesn't really make sense seeing as the piano is a rythmn instrument and the violin is a lead instrument though personally I prefer the sound of the piano (low strings are beautiful)

As an aside, many consider the piano a string instrument, given the fact that the sound is actually produced through the striking of a string. In any case, perhaps one reason why the two are often compared is because the two instruments are the two instruments that the stereotypical east Asian parent would make their children learn.

For example, both my sister and I were given the choice of violin and piano, and we both went with violin. Our cousins play piano, and most of our close family friends (who are also Chinese) play violin or piano, with some playing both, and one playing piano and cello. So we do actually at times get into playful discussion about which is better.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Personally I like them both, however I like the pipe organ best of all, gothic music on an organ is some of the most emotionally moving music in existence.

-Never love anything, for it will be taken away-
-Death is not the end of life, contrarily it is the beginning of it-
-I do not care so much that they respect me, only that they fear me-
-Happily-ever-after is a lie-

Nord

Nord

Give me more!

I like them both, alone they are beautiful. And used together they can be awesome.

<----------

Signature Image
Did she just..?

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

The piano and the violin are both really great musical instruments and when put together in a duet, they sound so beautiful!
But I personally prefer violin over piano because you can do so many tricks on the violin that you would never be able to do on the piano.
Pianos though, can produce a more gentle, soothing sound. ^__^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

piano wins my vote. something about the melody and soothing sound it is able to play captures my heart.

Ishhhh~i like violin better!
Piano is nice and all, but as mentioned, its a little boring to listen to and play sometimes.
Music performance with a violin is truly amazing, because you can see the violist really connect with his/her instrument.
I went to a concert recently, thought it would be a bore, but i was very pleasanly shocked. ^_______^

- This Free Life Crisis -

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.