Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 You're Under Arrest - Minitokyo

You're Under Arrest

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

It's so hard to find people interested in the animes that are your favorites, i'd like to ask is anybody else here in MT a fan of You're Under Arrest? I love this series i have seen all of it, the first and second seasons, the specials, the movie, the USA special, the only one i've not seen is the live action series (but im not really interested in that)

CTEon

CTEon

.:Holy Devil:.

I'm a fan!...like you I've watched everything and miyuki after all these yrs is still one of the best anime girls I seem to have met <3...it's a great series overall and all the characters are so lovable...now if only there was a season 3....but I doubt the creators would make that since the ending was...so typical YUA XP...oh and the Live action ain't that bad...it's errr...pretty fake though the action and the actress that played miyuki looked...bleh XP...but yea...it's not too bad

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

No doubt. Taiho Shichauzo is currently my best cop action/comedy to date.
Superb stories and cases thrown at the viewer and thrilling cars stunts, as well as the supernaturally strong Natsumi. :o
And with someone with greats talent and knowledge on engines like Miyuki, you can't go wrong. Great beauty and great brains. :)

Definitely deserves a high rating. 84% (subject to changes). OX

Yeah its pretty good. The main complaint I have is the terrible english voice acting. Japanese is way better.

Signature

"Give the man a gun, he's Superman; Give him two, he's God." -- Police Commisioner from Hard Boiled

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

I really wish they would translate more of the manga into english, two volumes just isn't enough.
The ending for the second season gets me wanting for more, this series deserves at least another movie if not another full season.

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

I like the series but I don't really like the movie. >_<

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

NachoKun

Patron of Pocky

I love the tv series, the movie was great, havent seen the ovas and i'm not sure if i should try the live action
and i'm split between Miyuki and Natsumi... cute cop mecha genious vs hawt beat you up cop... :D
The movie was a bit dark for the usual campy storyline seen on tv, but it's great animation

i give it 4/5 pocky boxes :)

"As the raven is born of its own, so does kindness beget kindness" ~ Mareg (excerpt from Grandia II )

"Wether it grew from a need for vengeance, or from deciding to run fom something... Strength is still Strength" ~ Satsuki Yotsuba (Negima! Magister Negi Magi)

The quality of animation in the movie was very good (as expected from a movie budget). The TV was better story-wise, but the animation quality kinda dropped off in the 2nd half of season 2. But my favorites are still the original OVA series, cool story and cool animation. I've seen the live action and it's.... nothing like the anime or manga. Sorta disappointing actually. Guess that's why they stopped subbing at 9 episodes.

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

i expected the live action series would be too different to the anime, that's why i wouldnt bother to see it. The actors don't really look like their anime counterparts anyway.
I enjoy the whole anime series, the animation might not be up to the new anime nowadays but the characters and story more than make up for it. I like how it has great story yet remains very down to earth, without use of magical girls or mecha and the like, which is rare for anime of its genre.

YUA was what first got me into cop/detective anime, a genre that I am now a raving fan of. Totally loved the first season and the movie!

Favorite 1st season episodes:
1) Halloween special
2) File 48

Three years after watching the 1st season, Natsumi is still my favorite. Incredible power, could even lift half a truck. Not to metion her occasional run-ins with Striker. XD

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

Natsumi really rocks she's super tough and has great character. And she could really return those pitches from Strike-man HOME RUN girl!
i like Miyuki the best, she's really cute i like how she does her hair and the interaction between her and Nakajima is just brilliant!

it's one of my favorite anime serie but I only see the first seasons and only in french the french voice werre good enought I should watch the movie if I can find it

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

gosh i didnt know they have You're Under Arrest in French! such diversity!
Benlepyro, see if you can get a hold of the original Japanese version, i strongly recommend it, as a You're Under Arrest fan you deserve at least that much.

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Yoriko is a definite icon of laughter in You're Under Arrest. True comedy with her around. And her voice by Kozakura Etsuko, and Pamela Weidner. ^.^
Funny!

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

hehehe yeah, and its really funny how the others sometimes tie her up in bundle bag with her head sticking out as punishment for spreading rumours etc.

YUA is a very cool anime, it features cool motorbikes too!

Bisuketto

Bisuketto

"Conversational Fountain"

Yay! some TUA fans :p this was the first anime I saw :) but it was hard to find :( in australia we are just getting the first movie in the shops... I had to get it from ebay :p...
However it has been a year since the YUA phase wore off... but I still have some opinions... Yoriko wins fav character, Ken wins the prat award XD. Unfortunately it took the genre of soap-drama... instead of good old fashion police work... but i suppose you can see that on almost every channel on your tv :p.
I didnt like the real action series myself either...

'I set the timers for six minutes, the same six minutes you gave me, it was the least I could do for a friend'
'If it's not broken, don't fix it'
Signature

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

Bisuketto you said you're just getting the first movie in Australia, does this mean you know of a second movie, if there is i'd really like to know about! please
Miyuki if my fav character (though Natsumi comes a close second) btw dont too hard on Nakajima he's trying his best! lol

Too bad Tokairin gets little exposure in the first season.

Hey, is it true that only one vehicle in the first season has a plate number? All other cars have blank plates!

CTEon

CTEon

Quote by AvroArrowGuess that's why they stopped subbing at 9
episodes.

Wasn't there only 9 episodes to the entire tv series? ^_^'

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

i hav no idea, anyway i dont think anime in general translates well into live action, the production always seem to make a mess of things and makes the original anime's name look bad.

i dont care much for the live series, the actress for Miyuki isn't cute enough!

CTEon

CTEon

true enough..at least the one for natsumi ain't too bad though...now her I wouldn't mind sitting through for ^_^' ...the acting for the show is atrocious though...I've seen better on some of the lousier hong kong tv serials which ocmpared to that is infinitely better e.e

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

anybody have any news of maybe more translations of the manga into english?
There are lots of volumes for the manga in Japan but the english translated only gets two volumes, there should be more!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.