Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Help For Information - Minitokyo

Help For Information

page 1 of 1 10 total items

whitefang

whitefang

Pirate Hunter

i want to go study to university. but my father want me to search for a scholarship. well can you help me to find a scholarship. please help mee. actually i really want to go to another country. please help meee

Signature

What country are you in in the first place. x_x Questions like these really should be accompanied with details. What country do you want to go to? Do you have a budget? What are you wanting to study?

Btw, I think Google would probably help more than any of us. XP

whitefang

whitefang

Pirate Hunter

well anything can you help me? well. just about scholarship. about the country, it's ok just find a country that offer a scholarship

Signature

Moonbeam

Moonbeam

M i n i t o k y o

Yes, please edit your information specifically. People from different countries may be better at understanding what you must do to go to a specific university in their country/state.

If you plan to go to the United States.......
I use to give dicussions for scholarships, grants, and financial aid to high school students and I graduated from university and I am in the graduate program. You usually need to apply about a year in advance to the university or scholarship. Sometimes money is awarded over a period of time, sometimes months. Think ahead. Apply to as many scholarship as you can. The more....the better. More money is always good!

FAFSA Free Application for Federal Student Aid (u.s. only)
by US Department of Education www.fafsa.ed.gov/
(You need to read all rules to see if you can apply)
Goverment funded program offers scholarships, grants and financial aid to students who can't afford it. After filling out the application, pin, they will send a list of all the scholarships they have you can qualify for.

You should search google for scholarships. I found this one. www.scholarships.com/
I hope this helps.......Good luck!

Signature

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

u speak japanese ^^??
If so the jap goverment offer lots of scholarship especially in language.

The easiest way to find out just go to the country embassy and ask for it
good luck

hm i dont know much about scholarships but what country to you want to go to

Quote by whitefangwell anything can you help me? well. just about scholarship. about the
country, it's ok just find a country that offer a scholarship

You can't simply say that any country or scholarship is fine.

Some scholarships are available to certain nationalities, or limited to certain people who can speak their native languages (if you aren't natives, you'll need some sort of certificates), for example, Germany, Japan, or France. If you want a scholarship in a country that you can't speak their native language, normally it'd take half a year to learn a language before going to study abroad.

Also, most of scholarships are limited to certain area. If you say that you are willing to take any scholarship, do you mean that you are willing to study any area? There're many area in tertiary level. I saw many people quiting their schools after studying a few years because they'd realised they didn't like it.

Considering your abilities is also important. Scholarships aren't things that can give to anyone. I have no idea how you're good at academy but you aren't the only one applying the scholarship. Sponsors need to be certain that a person who receive a scholarship can graduate from the school. Therefore, they mostly have a condition like a minimum requirement of your high school grades or something similar.

There're two basic types of scholarships. One is you have to pay back after the graduation and the other doesn't. Some may force you to work for them for a number of years and some may give you an alternative choice to pay them back with interest.

Also, different universities hold different area of expertise. Even though MIT is one of the best university in the world, their best area you can get out of it probably engineer and science. Indian universities have one of the best medicine school. Germany has one of the best mechanical engineering school. If you go to a university that has a course you want to study but they don't have any support or link to commercial company, then when you graduate, you would have hard time to find a job. Professionals normally know which university is best in their area.

So, give a certain answer first. People here need some details so they can help you.

Which are do you want to study (engineer, science, medicine, etc.)?
Which country or university do you want to go?

whitefang

whitefang

Pirate Hunter

well actually. that's not fast too decide what i want to study. well, that's fine if you want to know.
i really want to go to west continent (america) it's ok about the "sub" country. and i want to study. computer science.
if anyone want to know again and more details. write on this forum

Signature

Moonbeam

Moonbeam

M i n i t o k y o

Hello, it's me again....just wanted to check up on you to see how you were doing. From Indonesia, huh? I hope everything is ok with you, tsunami and things. One of my grandmas is from Indonesia.

After you get the foreign student paperwork stuff done,
I can recomend lots of good schools in California for a Computer Science major. Warning: Competing is very high in the C.S. field, ANYWHERE in U.S. especially for Asians. (Note: I am Asian, so I know.) You need more than high grades to get into this field. ex. clubs, extra curicular activities, volunteer work, awards, etc.

My brother is majoring in C.S. He is at UC Santa Barbara. They have a nice program for freshman to graduate. You can get your General Education, Bachelor of Science, and your Masters in five years. Well known C.S. schools are also UC Riverside, UC Irvine, UCLA, and USC. Check out their websites for their school's scholarships. CSUN is also a great school all around if your not sure.

If you don't have high marks or a lot of money, I recommend going to a Community College first, finish GE in 2yrs., get good grades, and transfer to any school you want. You have a 98 percent chance of getting into a school vs. going straight in from high school. (Statistic research told through my work, Student Outreach and Recruintment, and personal experience.) It is also easier to settle in the U.S. since there is less stress at a C.C. and lots of foreign people to meet with.

Well...I need more info. to help out, so... good luck and see you around!

Signature

whitefang

whitefang

Pirate Hunter

well. maybe it's so hard ti find a scholarship now actually i get one scholarship at singapore. but i don't think my scholarship will be accept by the university. so please help me. i really want to go to western continent. so please again. help to find a scholarship. actually it's ok for the country but i'd like to study computer science..

Signature

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.