Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime saves lives - Minitokyo

Anime saves lives

page 1 of 1 8 total items

I find myself going to college, glancing at people I don't know and will never know, and today I feel like I hate them. It seems like the world, or at least MY world of integration with other people has been let down to closed-mindedness and selfishness. I'm not saying I'm perfect, I'm not saying I hate everyone, but I do wish I could wander through my world at present and talk to people without the seemingly probable outcome of ignorance and rejection. I find that my savior beyond what most of my world has given me is anime. I've found that the friends I do have all enjoy anime to a degree, and that when I find someone with an Evangelion shirt on and I say "hey!" they listen to me without even knowing me with a look in their eyes of a true open mind. Now I know not all otaku are probably friendly or maybe even good people, I just know that anime itself, and the people related to it are all that, well, keeps me going at times like this. No I don't have some sort of depression, I try to be social, and I don't place blame upon anyone for what I precieve in my life at present; I just know that anime and my obsession and love for it are part of what keeps me going. I apologize for my long-windedness and perhaps outright BORING thread, but maybe someone else out there has a story about how anime has "saved their life" so to speak?

Signature
"Eloi, Eloi, lema... sabachthani..."

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I know what you're getting at. I'm very selective with people I get to know properly and I can generally tell whether or not they'll appreciate the anime gesture. I like to think that they'll find it in their own time ^^ .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

AlbelNox

AlbelNox

Wicked.

I know the feeling, it's great to find someone of the same interest "clan" as yourself, after all we all must have something in common personality-wise to like anime/manga. I too am highly selective of whom I let close enough to know the real me and in general veiw the world as worthless.

This topic isn't boring at all, it rings true with me, seriously. I wish I knew more anime fans in real life rather than all simply ignorant hip hop wannabes.

^^

Signature

moonwick

-=Simple Waller=-

yes, you are right. When you go to somewhere you dont know. you'll feel alone, but with anime, commercialized and exposed. You'll have someone to talk to

signature and avatar made by me.. tutorial from shinta
Signature
-=Simple Is Beautiful=-
Yahoo Messenger : moonwickwebmaster@yahoo.com

8ball

8ball

Oh dear god, the cuteness!!

Heh, it pretty much turned me arround. Throughout elementary school, I was a diehard bully, I beat up ppl three grades above me- threw soil at girls- formed a gang, kicked the teachers.... heh, you're regular child nightmare.

You can imagine I wasn't well liked. Till I watched Fruits Basket in seventh grade, and I sort of earned myself a different view on life. A silly story, but the further I went into anime, the more I changed. Till eventually, that and several other dire events in my life made me quite the opposite.... heh, I talk down to my mom if she turns a hostile eye towards anyone...

Though it wasn't the prime factor in my change, I can tell you it definately influenced the way I acted around people...

In conclusion.... I love anime ^_^

- 8ball
If it's good, I'll watch it; if it's great, I'll buy it; if it's cute, I'll eat it...

Available Web Designer/Developer, extra-generous to anime-related projects

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I got into anime because of the first anime show I saw on Cartoon Network...Sailor Moon. I loved the series. Before that, all I watched was other cartoons that had no storyline to them. It's good to have a continuing series until the very end that can stick to a specific storyline, one in which all the characters, even the villians, have a purpose.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Glad to see that some people understand where I'm coming from. Communities like this seem like a great place, I've never really been a Forum person but Minitokyo seems pretty cool. At least, maybe not in my "every day life" of going to school but in my "online" life I can find people to listen to and be able to respect. (I AM in an anime club but it's just being founded and I've met only 3 people). On a totally different note I want to make wallpapers but the ones I've made aren't good enough and I need money for art books. I really appreciate the work people have done all over the site.

Signature
"Eloi, Eloi, lema... sabachthani..."

i sure believe that anime's can save lives.my life is much better from when i wasn't watching anime!i feel really good when i see an anime and generally.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.