Who here have readed H.P. Lovecraft?

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Silenius

Silenius

S.T.A.R.S. Member

Cancel

It's been a while since i have readed a book, actually i'm reading the call of cthulhu, and i think that Lovecraft is such a good writer, somebody should make a movie about that book or something like that...

KnightOfLain

KnightOfLain

red rose filling the skull

Cancel

Awww that's quite a complex thing...
First of all there were some attempts at turning HPL books into movies - many Necromnomicon-myth based films, some games like "Prisoner of Ice" and "Necromnomicon". Two movies were made loosely based on "Herbert West the Reanimator" but those were terrible class C gore horrors...
As for books i think that "Call of Cthulhu", "Music of Erich Zann", "Thing on the Doorstep" and "In the Mountains of Madness" were really good. But then HPL was kind of terrible writer, his style is somewhat lacking - most his desriptions are just saying that sth is "unspeakable" or "blasphemous" - and those are not the signs of a good writing workshop. On the other hand he had that haunting vision, that just keeps you thrilled and is so complex (similar to JRR Tolkien who IMHO was quite a bad writer but one of the greatest world-creators ever) that whole mythology has been built around it, inspiring many other artists.
Btw have you read Neil Gaiman's "Wolves in Walls" a children book inspired by HPL "Rats in Walls"? That's hell of a good read.

Carmen

Carmen

Alaba a Dios

Cancel

Yo lei el libro "El Horror de Duonwish" (no estoy segura de como se escribe).
Me parecio muy bueno, y eso que no disfruto mucho del genero de horror...

• Jan 20, 2005

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.