Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are you into "pen & paper" RPG? - Minitokyo

Are you into "pen & paper" RPG?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

KnightOfLain

KnightOfLain

red rose filling the skull

Well i was wondering how many of you here play "pen and paper" Role Playing Games, i mean those *classic* ones - like Dungeons and Dragons, Call of Cthulhu or Vampire the Masquarade or sth like that. You know, you gather with a group of friends, create your characters on the piece of paper and then there's gamemaster/storyteller/or whatever who keeps the game going by telling a story...
I'm asking 'cause charaznableamurorei-friend and me are planning sth, and we'd like to know how many of you here played RPG, and possibly can you tell what systems you've played.

Thank you.

Most of the time I'm involved in one or more D&D campaigns. We're using 3.5e rules now, and finally switched to using a battlemat and miniatures after realizing how many headaches it solves as opposed to trying to do combat all by memory and sketches on paper. Usually we stick to the Forgotten Realms setting, although we're about to try a new campaign under Dragonlance and have done one or two in the standard Greyhawk setting. Often we mix settings, such as taking the world from FR but using the planar cosmology of Greyhawk (Great Wheel).

I've tried V:tM and didn't like it. I've played Mechwarrior/Battletech a couple times, but not enough to get the hang of the system. We tried playing Deadlands once (original rule set) and oh man did it suck. A friend of mine has the core Modern D20 and gurps books, but so far we haven't got to try out either yet. We always default back to D&D.

Due to Minitokyo's policies, I will no longer be submitting any wallpapers or scans to this site.

KnightOfLain

KnightOfLain

red rose filling the skull

Well i'm mostly into World of Darkness - Vampire: the Masqarade, Mage: the Ascension and Wraith: the Oblivion, other than that i play about a dozen other systems. Ones that i play quite often are D&D Planescape, Cyberpunk 2020, Warhammer and Neuroshima...
As foe Deadlands i liked it poker-based mechnics that gave quite a feel of Weird West.

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

I used to be into playing paper based RPGs, but I have no friends that like this stuff to play with anymore. My favourite was the original D&D. I've still got the Basic, Expert, and Companion sets and I really got into collecting the different dices needed for RPGs. I started playing it when I was in high school about year 9/10 so it more than 10 years since I've played a game like that. My friends at school introduced me to other game systems, but I only really got the chance to play the TMNT system before everyone lost interest in the whole thing. :(

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

I see not to many RPG 'pen & paper' fans are out here.
I myself am a big fan of such... let call it entertaiment.
Along with my friends I played in a lot of systems (mostly as a gamemaster, since everyone tells me I'm the best at creating stories), such as D&D (of course), Vampire, Werewolf, Deadlands, Neroshima (a long time ago), even a system based on Asian mytology and history (it was called 'Five Elements' I think, but I'm not sure). Oh yeah, and Warhammer, of course.
I even created my own system based on the new edition of D&D (right now I'm making another system, maybe not complately original, but only on the field of the world it will be based on).

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

darkwaterbunny

darkwaterbunny

cancha! And MORE cancha!

ooo, never tied it but I would love to. What I do to kill time in History class is write a sentance of a story and just pass it to my friend and we just see what comes out of it. Kinda like a RPG thing, but a bit different, hmmm, i should try this too ^_~

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

Actually trying to find a "face" for my "Shadowrun" street samurai got me into anime and manga art... I was thinking: He should look cool, let's find something good online...
etc. etc. here I am mt making walls... life is strange, so count me in if you are planning something...

Chani

Dune Master

I play pole playing game "pens & paper", as player and as master. I class then in order of frequency of playing (??).

As master :

- Star Wars 2.0 (i think).. not D20 system
- L5R a good RPG in the medieval japan (like)
- Ambre a RPG Dice free :D.. on the world of Ambre
- Vampire the masquerade

As player :

- Vampire
- Warhammer
- Loup garou (nightwolf ??)
- Ambre
- Call of cthulhu
- Wraith
- Mage
- ins/mv
and more

.: JPOP FANS | French Tribu | Anime Paradise | MtnOOb club| Chaos Cross group|Doujinshi support club|English Club :.
Pour des conseils sur les regles generales, allez voir N00b Bible #1.
Pour des conseils sur le forum, allez voir N00b Bible #2.
Pour des conseils sur les groupes, allez voir N00b Bible #3.
[c] Aa-chan

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.