Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is an ISO. file? - Minitokyo

What is an ISO. file?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

im currently downloading a torrent and the file is an ISO. file.
what exactly is this, and do you think i will be able to watch it?

thanx

You need to burn it to cd.. or use program like "daemon tools" to make virtual cd.
So answer is, ISO files are cloned cd's :)

Edit: I'm not sure but i think its sometimes possible to extract data from ISO same way you do from ZIP files.. programs like winrar or etc should do the job if im right.

Well an ISO is bassicaly a CD image, you will need to use a program such as Daemon Tools, Alcohol120% etc to run the file

ISO files are basically image files. Check out the link for more info: http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;1066672400;fp;1024;fpid;3 Have fun. Later... ;)

Yes ISOs are CD images you can burn with Nero or some other programs /i would recomend Nero/.

This is my story! It's gonna be a good one!

Signature Image

CTEon

CTEon

.:Holy Devil:.

Daemon tools would probably be best though if you don't wish to burn cds when playing...I guess I don't have to explain what the iso is anymore but let me explain what daemon tools does to make you feel more comfortable with it you could say...daemon tools can be found here
http://www.daemon-tools.cc
What is does is basically after installation it'll allow you to make your computer believe you have an extra cd/dvd (virtual) drive when in actual reality you don't...from there you can "mount" iso files using the program and what that'll do is it'll look like you just put a cd into the virtual drive and from there on the "disc" will load...hope that helps

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

Dende

Dende

Insanity = Freedom

Quote by HikariSoranoYes ISOs are CD images you can burn with Nero or some other programs /i would recomend Nero/.

Hey now I remember what an ISO is, i knew it sounded familiar to me ( because my cd burner get broke i've forgotten all that terms XP) I used nero too so i think it could be a good option :)

"Reality continues To Ruin my Life"-Calvin & Hobbes
Signature

Let me explain why Daemon-tool is the best. Although Nero and Alcohol120% does offer the choice of 'ignoring' the copyright, Daemon-tool does that the best. Even Alcohol can't emulate the copyright perfectly.

ISO's are nice because you don't have to waste a CD on them to install software. Just use Daemon Tools (or Alcohol, but I use Daemon for almost everything) to mount the ISO as a virtual drive, and your computer thinks you have a plastic disk spinning away -- when you don't.

Install away! Don't forget, once you mount the ISO, run a quick virus scan on the disk just to make sure it's squeaky clean.

(Oh, and if this is an "evaluation" version, make sure you read the .NFO file, readme.txt, or other similar file using Notepad. It will let you know if there are any specific instructions needed to make the software work.)

well, guess there 's nothin more to say...I recommend Deamon Tools too

failure

failure

I screwed up again

I recommend the loopback device!

mount -t iso9660 -o ro,loop whatever.iso /mnt

Just in case a non-Windows user stumbles across this thread :-)

**Insert witty siqnature line here.** || "Interesting anime quote" -- Cool Anime Character, Nifty Anime
Signature

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

... Thread closed..

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.