Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which LOTR movie or book did you enjoy the most? - Minitokyo

Which LOTR movie or book did you enjoy the most?

page 1 of 1 24 total items

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

I really love Lord of the Rings, both in movie form and book form, and i definitly have my favorite from each form.

I loved The Fellowship of the Ring book the best out of all three because I loved how the Fellowship worked together and it had interesting places like Rivendel, the mines, and Hobbiton ect.

My favorite movie however was The Return of the King because of the awesome battle scenes, the Raith King was there, Minas Tirith was so beautiful, and the Nazgul were so cool looking.
So what are your favorites?

Signature

Risha

Risha

Plug in Baby

Out of the book: all of the Faramir scenes. Especially the one before Faramir tries to go and regain Osgiliath, the pyre scene the and House of Healing scenes. None of the other scenes matter. Faramir makes the book for me <3
Out of the film the fight scene at night at Helms Deep in the 2nd film. Beautiful music, very cinematic. The best. Sam and Frodo scenes are also rather nice in the 3rd film. Oh, and any scene involving Denathor and Faramir.
Avid Faramir fan! Mwa! <3

Signature Image

Zomg... Faramir. XD <lol> I haven't read the books yet (got stuck at Elrond's Council.. yes, my eyes have low endurance.).. but the Return of the King is my favourite because of him.

That and also the fact that I absolutely adored that juxtaposition when Pippin is singing, that &%#$ Denathor is stuffing his face, and the battle's raging outside. >_< That whole sequence was so poignant it hurt.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Though it's not a "Lord of the Rings" book per se, the Silmarillion definitely gets my vote for best book by j.r.r. Tolkien set (mostly) in Middle-earth. The history of the Elder Days and the First and Second ages is simply far more interesting than the history of the Third Age, and it's one populated with so many great heroes, antiheroes, and villains, with epic battles that make the siege of Helm's Deep, the Battle of the Pelennor, and the Battle at the Morannon look like walks in the park.

Of the three films, Extended Fellowship was the best because it was good by itself, introduced the characters excellently, gave us a breathtaking glimpse into the lands of Middle-earth. The other two films just took too many liberties, some of which simply cannot be justified or excused. The most obvious: elves at Helm's Deep. Not possible. The Galadhrim, perhaps the most isolationist of the peoples of Middle-earth, would never again march off to war to defend humans, especially when their numbers were in such decline and the power of Dol Guldur was on the rise.

There are plenty of terrible scenes in Return of the King as well. For one, the Dead were cheesy, and they never showed up at Minas Tirith. They helped secure the harbor at Pelargir, down the river, and from there Aragorn rode up to Minas Tirith with reinforcements from the South, his Dunedain buddies, and Elrohir and Elladan, the two sons of Elrond.

And. . . there's no Scouring of the Shire. *sob*. And, Peter Jackson has Celeborn sailing west, and doesn't give Cirdan a beard. What a hack.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Silarillion as well. Not much to add to waht shinsengumi said

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Shadowk

Shadowk

Schattenparker

I like Return of The King best, book or film, doesn't matter. The battle over Minis Tirith was just impressive and the city it self was very impressive. And Minas Morgul was very nice in the Film, looked real creepy, like it should.

Signature

SuspendedReality

SuspendedReality

Lady Sanada

Return of the King was my favorite movie ^^ It had all the excitment and a lot of awesome scenes with Legolas XP

Signature Image
~A huge thanks to Leaf for the banner and avy!~

|[Samurai Deeper Kyo]| |[Yaoi]| |[Strawberry]| |[Clamp Fan]| |[Linkin Park]|

For me it was the first movie of the triology^^ I was just so excited about the outcomming of the film that i was stunned as watching it. I had to be impressed because they made us waiting for so long time xD

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote by ShadowkI like Return of The King best, book or film, doesn't matter. The battle over Minis Tirith was just impressive and the city it self was very impressive.

I have to agree that the city of Minas Tirith was very impressive in the movie, but what I really didn't like was the fact that the walls were so fragile. If I remember correctly, the walls were impervious to damage because they were built with the craft of Numenor. It was the gates alone that were vulnerable. During the reign of Aragorn II Elessar, the dwarves wrought new gates for the city to fix that flaw.

Quote: And Minas Morgul was very nice in the Film, looked real creepy, like it should.

I think it looked a bit too creepy. Remember that Minas Morgul was once Minas Ithil, the tower of the Moon. Minas Tirith used to be Minas Anor, the tower of the Sun, and Osgiliath, the ruined city on the river that gets attacked in the film, used to be the capital of Gondor. While the influence of the Witch King could conceivably twist Minas Ithil into seeming forboding and sinister, I think it went a bit too far in the film.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

buggydude

buggydude

Now comes with 90% more fondue!

I liked the two towers the best out of the books but i agree that the return of the king was the best movie.

Renegade Nuns on Wheels

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

I've only read the 1st LOTR book. It was indead very good. The movies were great too!
My favourite one is the Fellowship although the other two were also extremely good!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Nord

Nord

Give me more!

Bilbo (A Hobbits Tale) and the second LotR book.
And I liked the first movie the most. It has the best feeling.
Thou' the Battle at Pelennor fields is quite awesome, I don't feel the third movie is that good.

<----------

Signature Image
Did she just..?

My favorite book and movie is the Fellowship of the Ring. Don't really know why.. that book just had the most for me. I love Moria.. That place is teh greatest

chimpchimpchimp

The Legendary Sannin

Hmmm...I like the entire trilogy though my favourite movie is The Two Towers.

"Don't just stand behind me...Radiating bloodlust...Unless you're in a hurry to die."

I would go with the Fellowship of the Ring. Maybe just the fact that it's the first movie of the trilogy.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i really liked Return of the King,because you finally get to find out how everything ended... however, in the movie, they really didn't need to include all the endings... it got a lil annoying after awhile. but i really liked how they did the battle scenes in all 3 movies.

Signature Image

Mario2

...::The One And Only::...

Quote by skysongI really love Lord of the Rings, both in movie form and book form, and i definitly have my favorite from each form.
I loved The Fellowship of the Ring book the best out of all three because I loved how the Fellowship worked together and it had interesting places like Rivendel, the mines, and Hobbiton ect.
My favorite movie however was The Return of the King because of the awesome battle scenes, the Raith King was there, Minas Tirith was so beautiful, and the Nazgul were so cool looking.
So what are your favorites?

Ha, I agree with everything you said! FOTR book was the best also because of that it was the first to read, while T2T were a little boring sometimes. As for the movies - Return Of The King was awesome!

I enjoyed ROTK the most and I loved the first and last book. The hobbit was quite nice as well.

Quote by The Seige of GondorGandalf did not move. And in that very moment, away behind in some courtyard of the City, a cock crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed, recking nothing of wizardry or war, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn.

And as if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns. In dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the North wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.

Clearly, it has to be The Return of the King. Amazing how it was written. The timing of the narration and the rhythm of the words were used effectively in drawing the scenes in my head. *ramble*

ROTK. Love it to death.

ultimaslair

ultimaslair

Alien from Inner Cabinet

You know, it's really wierd. I loved Return of the King in book form. It was my favorite of the three. But in the movie, I think I liked either the first or the second. It's a battle between those two.

Amaranth

Amaranth

<iDlE>

I liked the first movie...the other ones were good too...but it didn't really catch my attention as much....but the battle scenes were very cool....
the books I like them all..because they were all connected...I just read the first one and had to read the second one.....then the third....but I could never really get into reading the hobit....my sis was the total opposite and said the hobbit was soo good....but the other three was boring to her....but I read them a long time ago....

TracysKris

TracysKris

Ms. Independent

:nerd: Haha..I read the books..but I got sleepy like through the Two Towers..cus it was overly descriptive...I was reading it and always thought that would make a really good scene in the movie..and guess what? I was right! ^_^' I think I like the movies better...most of the time I like the books better...like Harry Potter for example..but I LOTR movies a lot better...probably cus I get to look at Legolas and his pretty self. I think my favorite LOTR movie would probably have to be the extended version of the ROTK...that was really good...I also liked the extended version of the Two Towers..that was also good. I like their soundtracks...which I own...especially the part where they are with Theoden..that music is purtty.

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

Both movie and book "Return of the King"

Holt

Holt

pffft

I never read the first book so I don't know about that. Third part was my favourite for both book and film because of the brilliant endings, insane action and "epic" battle scenes.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.