Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 windows XP prob. HELP!!! - Minitokyo

windows XP prob. HELP!!!

page 1 of 1 11 total items

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

Do you know when your screen saver comes on, and you move the mouse the welcome screen pops up? mine won't do it.
I knowthat you have to go to user accounts and turn on the welcome screen and fast switching, but on the scren saver options it only gives the option for "password protect". help! this is really freakin annoying! (I also have every update possible right now in windows update

Signature

ejwcobra

ejwcobra

Master Hacker

well, i run windows 2k, not xp, but you have to get it to lock the computer (can do it manually by hitting ctrl+alt+del and selecting "Lock Computer"). sorry i can't be of more help, i'm not familiar with xp. -_-

Think deeply of simple things.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

tecnophreak, to tell you the truth, I think you may be getting screen saver and standby mixed up. You shouldn't be able to go straight to the Welcome screen from the screensaver. Rather, when your computer wakes up from standby, it should take you to the Welcome screen if you instruct it to in Display: Screen Saver: Power Options: Advanced.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

actually you can go to windows welcome screen after screensaver.
to activate it right click anywhere on your desktop. go to screen saver. make sure the check box for "On resume, display resume screen" is c hecked,

i hope that helps. ^_^

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

i know, it doesn't give me the option to it only says "password protect"

Signature

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

exentric, that check box doesn't exist for me, and I'm running Windows X.P SP2.

s h i n s e n g u m i

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

is it because of SP2? o_O
I have it ya know...
here a screenie
http://www.theanimewrld.com/screenie.jpg

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

yeah Iknow what excentric is talkin about, my problem is that mine doesn't say that.

edit: http://premium1.uploadit.org/tecnophreak/Untitled-1.jpg

Signature

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Well, looks like it's an SP2 thing.

Here's a thread on another forum that has a fix. It requires a bit of registry hacking though, so use at your own risk: http://www.mcse.ms/message1348264.html

s h i n s e n g u m i

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

oooh, thank you shinsengumi, i knew you would have the answer!!!!!

edit: seriously, that is awesome, it works now! thanks for all t he comments guys! i really appreciate it!

Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

well I cant say much then.
is it beacause of SP2? who knows.
maybe the option is in a different place for SP2.

mine is SP2, but it's beta version. so that could be a reason why its still there.
if this is the case, the official SP2 option for that welcome screen must've reside somewhere else. can't really help if that's the reason. ^_^"
sorry >_<

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.