Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - Minitokyo

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Samanosuke89

Samanosuke89

Shinigami no Kiss

What do you think of this game ?..
fav characters ?.. talk about it.. =P
(my fav char is Albel XD)

raxis

raxis

+kusuha 4ever+

Star Ocean 3 is my fav RPG
My fav character is Maria Traitor/Traydor

Well my favorite character is also Albel :) This game is pretty cool I was surprised it was on 2DVD's at first not many games are but I am still surprised because it is such a short game I finished it in about 35hrs and that was with allot of time spent leveling up and exploring all dungeons etc etc but nonetheless a great game I loved the music it was great and the graphics are awesome too even though they are like outdated by something like3 years.

The combat is also awesome, very unique and fun, it's one of my favorite combat systems, it's a nice break from the all to common turn based combat in many RPG games these days, the only thing I hate about it (that’s right hate) is the fact you can die by loss of MP, now it gave me many frustrating days and some times I even gave up playing due to this fact..at first I didn't know what was happening so I didn't know how to prevent it, it was only after someone explained to me that I found out what was happening when Cliff died with like 13000hp remaining ...this seriously disadvantages the fighter class in this game having loads of HP doesn't matter at all since nearly every enemy and boss will have a powerful MP draining attack...

I also wish you could take everyone in your party as it was kind of annoying having to choose who you wanted to have and who you didn't and you can never change once you have, it isn't too bad but it's like they really needed to do it either....

This game doesn't exactly have much replay value imo apart from different endings but I only played through once so I’m not sure if it is worth playing through again for a different ending. Anyway it certainly has allot of stuff too do even after you finish the game such as the 2 optional dungeons (which I still haven't completed yet lol) which are fairly challenging and allot of other stuff in the way of creating items etc which is definitely one of the major highlights of this game imo.

I spent hours and hours using the item creation system and recruiting people to work for me it was definitely fun and a great way to spend the tons and tons of cash you accumulate thru out the game, it's fairly basic so it's easy to understand when you’re new to the game.

The games story is probably it's biggest let down imo, it really wasn't that great and sort of near the end (I wont say specifically cause it might be a spoiler) it gets a bit...well silly I guess I thought it could have been better and been a bit more interesting, not the worst story ever but definitely could have been better...

The games 2~3 year delay definitely could have been spent fixing allot of the bugs that still plague the game, my version had many many loading issues and the frame rate in some areas was unacceptable for a console game (some times it went 1fps !!) also the A.I is terrible, yes I know about "training" the AI but it still could have been allot better I think...

Overall this game is worth is buying because renting it just wont do it justice because as with all RPG's you need to spend allot of time playing it but it's fairly well done, and definitely a memorable game with all flaws aside :)

AlbelNox

AlbelNox

Wicked.

I adore that game now, pretty much on a par with Final Fantasy. The ending didn't bother me, I prefer a wild twist at the end of a game rather than the usual monontony. The characters are excellent, with the amount of dialogue in the game very high indeedy, the music is awesome too.

I don't get what some people mean when they say the graphics weren't up to scratch, to me they held up to a good, sort of anime style and the only character model I didn't like was maria.

The inventing game is fun, if a bit confusing, with the other later minigames almost as addictive.

I thought the different endings and the option not to have people in your party was a good thing, meant I ended the game without peppita, adray and rodger. All in all it is and was a game I am proud to own, one I bought on a whim, and one I have no regrets in buying.

P.s Guess my favourite character XD

Signature

Samanosuke89

Samanosuke89

Shinigami no Kiss

what ? O.O 35 hour ?.. I'm at the end of 1st dvd.. and I have play 45 hour ><

GutsyAnime

GutsyAnime

Hardcore Gamer

This is the game I am working on at the moment. Got me about 260 Battle Trophies and am still going.

I would have to say Mirage is my favorite character because she is always off doing her own thing for most of the game. (Even though the reason for that is because you didn't get her in the original Star Ocean 3)

I loved the story especially the twist near the end. I could've done without the bugs (especially after playing Star Ocean 2) like when Sophia stands around instead of healing.

I am glad someone made a thread about it, I don't know a lot of people that like this game.

Criox

Criox

~LoNe BaNcHoU oF MiNiToKyO~

Hehe! It got to be Fayt Lingod! I did complete the whole game ( Including the side quest )! My fayt can deal over 40k juz by using a air raid! Thinking of that makes me feel happy cuz I hv reached a god status! ^_^

~SpInnIng ThE NeW ThReAd oF CrEaTiOn~
Signature

kimifox

kimifox

dysfunctional idealist

My bf and I just finished Star Ocean 3 last week. We were compeletely distracted by recruiting inventors and making stuff! We thought that aspect of the game was really cool. My favorite inventor is Vanilla - he's so cute! :)
We also liked the affection points system. We tried really to set it so that Fayt would *not* end up with Sophia. That was my idea - Sophia got on my last nerve. *sigh* I thought he should end up with Maria. ;)
My favorite character is Nel. We pretty much played the entire game with Fayt, Cliff, and Nel.

The game did freeze up on us a couple of times. Did that happen to anyone else?

Signature
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/forcefirefox/"]Force Firefox[/url] The Fox Loves You. Love the Fox.
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/order-of-reason/"]Order-of-Reason[/url]

I've also finish the 1st DVD in 45 hours, Samanosuke89, don't worry ;)
i think is a goog game : nice script, real-time battle (different of FF), ... .
But you also discover (really) 1 world. It's a pity.
Perhap's it's a new test for next ff?

p.s. They could traduce the game in french :angry:

Ruri23

I love Ruri

Do you really enjoyed this game ?
I tried to play it, but at the end of disc 1 I dropped it. In my opinion, this is an overestimated game.
Now, just tell me why all the Elicoor stuff filled up all of the disc 1. I really cannot understand why someone should pack up hours and hours of play just to gain levels, because a boss enemy, like the "Robin Wind" one kills you in a flash, if you are low on hp...
Then I heard that you can recruit Mirage only at the end of the story. What's the use in it ? Should all your players be available as quickly as possible ?
To think that a friend of mine is playing this game and reached the "Firewall", the final stage, after 100 hours of play... Well, it is the one that played "Final Fantasy X" for about 200 hours...
Please, give me a reason to put in my ps2 the second disk !

She is my favourite!She's so lovely!!

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Quote by Ruri23Do you really enjoyed this game ?
I tried to play it, but at the end of disc 1 I dropped it. In my
opinion, this is an overestimated game. Now, just tell me why all the
Elicoor stuff filled up all of the disc 1. I really cannot understand
why someone should pack up hours and hours of play just to gain levels,
because a boss enemy, like the "Robin Wind" one kills you in a flash,
if you are low on hp...
Then I heard that you can recruit Mirage only at the end of the story.
What's the use in it ? Should all your players be available as quickly
as possible ?
To think that a friend of mine is playing this game and reached the
"Firewall", the final stage, after 100 hours of play... Well, it is the
one that played "Final Fantasy X" for about 200 hours... Please, give
me a reason to put in my ps2 the second disk !

Jupp, same for me. Can't see why so many people say it's great. Like niether the graphs, story, chars, or anything else for that matter is particulairly good. Battle system is OK, only because of the bad A.I.
It's a below average RPG for me I guess, almost totally wasted money for me. It stings me greater than for the peeps in the US, since here in Sweden the games cost a little over double the price as the games in the states does. Man, I could've bought 50 donuts! ^_^'

Hm, this review pretty much says it all I guess8P

Quote:
Ok first of I seem to be the only one which honestly cares and takes downpoints into consideration. Star Ocean 3 is so far the worst RPG I've played, ever.

Ok, now for my 'review' 8P
---
First off, Star Ocean 3 is a highly overated RPG, clearly not worth all the hype it's been given. At best it's an OK RPG with some nice (and not so nice) twists.

- The graphics are extremly poor. Examples are extremely deformed heads, long blocks as entire hands and overall not to impressive area graphics. The only + I can see is that they have aimed at making stuff like hair and clothes move like IRL, but a bunch of other game have done that as well and succeded so nothing special there either. Clearly a dissapointment compared to SE all other games. 6/10

- The Story, or should I even call the 'thing' that? Honestly do I even need to explain how poor and utterly boring the story is? How pointless it all seems and how actually dumb all the characters seem to be as we see the story unfold. 4/10

- The Characters suck, royally. I totally annoyed myself over practically every character that even had potential to be normal or cool, and a bunch of other too. They weren't even interesting at all, nothing that made them really special or set them apart from other video game characters really.
The 'coolest' of them all Albel (the Wicked/Weak/Sucky) wasn't really that cool at all, he was simply not as annoying or corny as all the other characters but he was amongst the crappiest of them all while in battle =/
Fayt can't really be considered cool either since he's so dull, he's a just clone of your typical anime hero. 4/10

+ - The Sound . The music could be really good at times, like the first forest world you were in or in the semi-ruined city theme which sorta reminded me of "Valkyrie Profile's" OST. 8/10. Ok now the worst part of the game, the VO (Voice Acting), now some characters had so disgusting voices that I actually turned off the sound the moment I saw their faces pop up (amongst them are Nel's 2 companions, the 'elite', which always proves themselves to be worthless by getting captured etc most of the time). Other random bad voiceactors examples are Cliff and some random story NPC's like the elf kid at the forest planet for example. Clearly the VO for SO3 is amongst the worst I've ever seen, if not the worst for anything. 3/10

+ - The Battlesystem was quite alright, could be pretty fun at time because of the real time action. But as soon as the AI kicks in for your characters, they are doomed or if your lucky, only waste 70% of their mana and health during 1 battle. They are really annoying at the more harder fights, since they only tend to do these 3 things, 1. Die, 2. Near Death state and in constant need of healing while in return doing little to nothing, 3. You are lucky, this time they actually hit their opponent with more than 2 attacks. At times they did these random acts of strangeness and ran around in circles in front of the enemy and got stabbed to death the the exact same chop from the same enemy 8p
a shame really, this battlesystem had great potential but got ruined by the bad AI, 7/10

+ Color Twins, this was a fun little thingy they put in though. The ability to change the look of your characters is always welcomed in my book :) Some were pretty cool as well, made some of the characters look a lot better. A shame it's only during the battles where you can hardly see any detail =/

# There are some things I haven't mentioned which are also great dissapointments but it would be to tiring to write all that down as well, the above should be enough methinks 8P

Overall Score: 6/10 , a below average RPG. If you plan on spending money on a RPG in the near future, I'd advice you to stay away from Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time. There are far better new RPG's out there which I'd heavily advice you to buy instead of this game, some of them you really should buy or at least check out are...

Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Growlancer Generations

I think it is a good rpg but not probably one of the best. i finished the main story in aobut 72 hours without problems ( the last boss was a piece of cake with my super equipment -_^) and actually i finished all 211 levels of sphere corporation and i have about 120 hours... if it had more planets to visits and an AI better it would have been a better game

I am he who hath entrusted his soul to the eternal vortex of time. Ye know me! And if ye do
not, ye shall be made to know me!! It shall be engraved on thy very soul, Lezard Valeth!!
If ye shall accept the brand of Hel upon thee, thy sanctions shall in turn be lowered.
...I shall grant thee the deliverance of thy soul, and ye shall come now before me!!

GutsyAnime

GutsyAnime

Hardcore Gamer

Quote by Ruri23Do you really enjoyed this game ?
I tried to play it, but at the end of disc 1 I dropped it. In my
opinion, this is an overestimated game. Now, just tell me why all the
Elicoor stuff filled up all of the disc 1. I really cannot understand
why someone should pack up hours and hours of play just to gain levels,
because a boss enemy, like the "Robin Wind" one kills you in a flash,
if you are low on hp...
Then I heard that you can recruit Mirage only at the end of the story.
What's the use in it ? Should all your players be available as quickly
as possible ?
To think that a friend of mine is playing this game and reached the
"Firewall", the final stage, after 100 hours of play... Well, it is the
one that played "Final Fantasy X" for about 200 hours... Please, give
me a reason to put in my ps2 the second disk !

I love this game simply because it carries on the traditional RPG style that made Star Ocean: The Second Story so good. I love games where you can't just run straight through them and smack down every boss, you have to prepare for them.
Robin Wind could be frustrating but if you have experience with the game you can take him out easily, equip Wind Charms which the enemies in that same exact area drop, this halves wind damage making most of his attacks cause crap damage.

The reason you can only recruit Mirage at the end of the game Ruri23 is because she was not a playable character in the original Star Ocean 3. When the game was released Mirage was still a character that had a role in the story but she never joined you. When we got Star Ocean 3 (the Directors Cut or Star Ocean: Till the end of time) they added 2 new characters you could use, Mirage and Adray.

They added Mirage so late because originally she never joined, so they would've had to change the story around to make her playable earlier in the game. She joins after her very last appearence, notice how once she becomes a member of your party you never see her in a story scene again, because originally you never saw her again so now they could add her to your party and not have to worry about the story.

And what the heck is your friend doing getting to the Firewall in 100 hours?!?!?! You can do everything you possibly can on Galaxy Mode in about 100.

It's a great game guys, give it a chance.

EDIT: That review is no good, if SO3 is the worst RPG he's played then he has obviously not played many. On top of that the game has it's pros and cons, he makes it sound like I spent $50 on a blank DVD. Very few games are that bad.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Luther in my file is nothing. The whole party is approaching level 200. Cliff's Max Shockwave with all hits could total as much as or more than 1 million damage with the cancel bonus. Nel's combination with Mirror Slice and Divine Wrath is extreme with each hit doing about 40000 damage under cancel bonus. Then there's Peppita's Dream Hammer, an attack in which you can continuously press the button in which it is set up on. That does about 40000 to 50000 per hit under cancel bonus. I've come up with some crazy combos in the game.

Now, if you want to take your game up to the next level (like a new adventure), I would recommend getting the Codebreaker. Power up your characters and see what limit you can take them to!

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

xserasx

xserasx

doom

i got this game not too long ago, i really like it so far but the long videos really bug me...

take a chance you stupid ho.

I really liked the game personally. I've played it twice all the way through so far and I'm planning on playing it a third time when I get some free time. The battle system was a nice change from the turn-based one I'm used to seeing with the Final Fantasy series and many other RPG games. Once I got used to it, I really liked it. The voice acting was pretty good, the story was interesting and I really liked the majority of the characters.

Buuuuut, Albel towers above them all. I loved him from the first moment I saw him. But honestly speaking I thought he was a woman the first time I saw his character design online. His legs were so...feminine, not to mention the stockings. I was genuinely surprised to find out he was in fact a manly-man. <3

So, I was determined to get the ending with Fayt and Albel together *coughs*yaoifangirlalert*coughs* ^__^ First time around I got Adray's ending which was a total let down after pain-stakingly trying to please Albel in every instance I could. I got the ending I wanted the second time around though, so I'm happy. I'd like to see some of the other characters endings with Fayt, but I don't have the heart to displease my Albel-sama. *whimpers*

[rant]Oh yea...and I just wanted to vent about a little something. I'm sure some people have probably heard of the Star Ocean PVC character models. At first the only models available were of Fayt, Sophia, and Nel. They're all gorgeous, but they aren't Albel. Now I checked today and saw on Animenation a few more had come in. Roger, Peppita, and Cliff. NO ALBEL. Mygod. It's driving crazy. I want one of Albel! ;___;[/endrant]

Signature Image

rslgto

rslgto

Der Wille zur Macht

is it true it sucks?

"Condemn me, it does not matter. History will absolve me!" - Fidel Castro

~Run Kasumi Run!~

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Quote by rslgtois it true it sucks?

Well if you judge it like you judge all other RPG's, normally, then it sucks yes. If you check the review I posted a bit higher up in this thread then you can see for yourself. The review is made from a neutral point of view. Since eg. even if you like the story (which is very simple), it's still not good 8P

i have invested 130+ hours to this game... not counting the ones lost when i suddenly get game overed ( darn that 4d.....) i think it was the best rpg for 2004... the battle system is just awesome... the item creation was very cool and the characters were great...

My favorite character is Nel Zelpher... she's pretty hot and very useful in battle...
and Alble "The Wicked" Nox has got to be one of the most interesting characters i have encounterd...

"Its not the great who are strong....
Its the strong who are great!!!"
- Albel "The Wicked" Nox

GutsyAnime

GutsyAnime

Hardcore Gamer

Not necessarily. A good thing to do is to go to a site like www.gamefaqs.com and read reviews that are half and half. A perfect 10 usually means that whoever wrote it just liked the game because they are a fan of the company and/or series.
If it scored low than this person either didn't like the game because they hate the company or the game was too hard for them.

A fair review is one that simply sticks to reviewing what that person thought of the game, not by bashing it or praising it completely. I suppose I can't really explain what I mean except (no offense AceGunman) the review that was posted was no good. In some instances he is right and in others so wrong I wonder if he even played the game.

The game does have a lot of bugs, that is the only honest downside to it that I can find. Other than that it is a simple traditional RPG that I find fun. If you are into challenging games that you need to put in 100+ hours to finish, than this game is great. If you aren't then don't go near the game, that I think sounds fair.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

I played through this game so many times trying to get the multiple endings and never got tired of it. I loved Star Ocean 3. In my opinion, this was the better of the star ocean games by far. Not as long and complex as the second one but still with similar features. The battle system is great! The story rocks! enough said.

If we're talking favorite characters, I would have to go wid Maria Traydor! she is a balance of long and close range attacks and has some awesome attacks in the game which made her a valuable character for my team. Albel is pretty swick too, but too meeh, not as kewl as maria!

*spoiler ALERT*
Out of the all endings, fayt x nel and fayt x maria were the best ones. All the others were short and dull. The longest one's was fayt x nel's ending. Although people tend to think fayt x sophia are the main couple, their ending was completely dull and stupid.

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Quote by GutsyAnime

Not necessarily. A good thing to do is to go to a site like
www.gamefaqs.com and read reviews that are half and half. A perfect 10
usually means that whoever wrote it just liked the game because they
are a fan of the company and/or series.
If it scored low than this person either didn't like the game because
they hate the company or the game was too hard for them.
A fair review is one that simply sticks to reviewing what that person
thought of the game, not by bashing it or praising it completely. I
suppose I can't really explain what I mean except (no offense
AceGunman) the review that was posted was no good. In some instances he
is right and in others so wrong I wonder if he even played the game.
The game does have a lot of bugs, that is the only honest downside to
it that I can find. Other than that it is a simple traditional RPG that
I find fun. If you are into challenging games that you need to put in
100+ hours to finish, than this game is great. If you aren't then don't
go near the game, that I think sounds fair.

Neither do I find it hard, nor do I dislike long games. I like good games, plain and simple.
so3, is not a great game from a neutral point of view. It's decent as I've said before.
But when a bunch of people say that the story is great (honestly, it's not good, whoever says that lies), voices are great (cmon, and some people complain on dubbed anime?), good/deep characters (uh what? To me they all seem either dorky, stupid or annoying. Compare them to say squares(enix) all other characters from their other games like the ones from FF, KH etc. Which are more likeable, Cloud or Fayt? Auron or Albel? Elly(from Xenogears) or Sophia?)

My main reason for disliking SO3 is because I had great hopes after reading 3 reviews from various sites and asked a bunch of people online of their opinions on the game. Stating things that aren't true, like for example good voice overs, great story, rich graphics etc.
Just because you like it doesn't mean it's great (or bad if you dislike it), you have to view things neutrally. I followed a friends tip later on after my great dissapointment with SO3 (stopped playing the game 80% through with no problems what so ever) and bought "Shadow hearts: Covenant", now thats a great game, those of you saying that SO3 is better than SH:C RPG wise, should stop playing games since they have no idea what's good and not. SH:C have one or two minor flaws, whereas SO3 has a lot.
I'm not 'bitching' or whining as some people might think, I merely wonder why so many people say that SO3 is so good when it lacks so much for it to be truly great, it had potential yes, but the creators failed at bringing that potential into true sweetness =/

GutsyAnime

GutsyAnime

Hardcore Gamer

I pretty much like SO3 just because it's a Star Ocean game. I remember when I beat SO2 all I wanted after that was another Star Ocean.

When I heard about SO3 I stayed on top of news about the game until it finally came out. Over all I think it is a game that has to grow on you. When I went through it for the first time I wasn't really paying attention to the story because there was nothing truly exciting going on. But when I went through it again I appreciated it more, I don't know why.

There were 2 things I really hated about the game upon completion. When I read about the game it said it was going to have "multiple planets to explore."
The game did have multiple planets, but just by going through the game you saw the tiny bits of all of them. I was very let down when I found out the whole game more or less takes place on Elicoor ii.

i also miss the skill sysem from Star Ocean: The second story. That huge list of skills you got to use SP to level up. In SO3 they replaced it with a mere 4 skills that can only reach level 10, very disappointing.

I better shut up now, this turned into more than I thought it would, dang text. Anyhoo Shadow Hearts: Covenant is an awesome game as well. I wish I could find a copy of the original.

Quote by kimifoxthe game did freeze up on us a couple of times. Did that happen to anyone else?

Nice to know it's happened to someone else, cos I thought my PS2 was nearing its 'end of life'. The game stalled a bit, but you wait for about 30 seconds and it just jumps right in. Yeah there are faults with the game, but its pretty damn entertaining all the same.

~ Save Bandwidth! Use a text siggy instead!

My Latest Walls:

Ethereal Summoner ~ Yuna & Valefor
Sunshine Girl //make you happy?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.