Should there be an age limit on....

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Cancel

the people who have kids at an older age. As our medical science progresses, people can have kids at a latter stage of their life, and I was wondering if there is a need for certain limit on how old one can be before they aren't allowed to have kids. I am also including adoption here. I believe people should have the right to have kids at their own choice, but it should be within reason, it is not like getting a pet, kids should have the opportunity to enjoy their parents as much as they want before the father time catch up with their parents. I am just saying it would be very lonely for the kids to lose their parents so soon because of their parents' old age. On the other hand, there is nothing more precious to one's life than have a child, because it validates all the things one has sacrifice to achieve in life. Can we deny that? So what do you guys think?

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

• Jan 22, 2005

Benitora

Benitora

A Star And A Stray Dog

Cancel

I think when it comes to sexual reproduction, people should set a limit for themselves. It's proven that some children who are born from older parents are at a higher risk for abnormality in their genes and physical appearance. Most could be retarded or deformed.
Not all are that way though. I don't think the government should put a limit on it though. The people should because it's also not to healthy for an older woman to have children. It has a harder impact on aged ones than youthful ones.

As for adoption. I think they should atleast make sure the adopter wasn't on their death bed or something. It's crucial for a child to be able to interact with the parents so it's also necessary for the parent to be strong enough.
It would seem cruel, but I think they should set a certain limit when it comes to adoption.

Signature

• Jan 22, 2005
Cancel

No, definitely not! If a person is fit enough to have children during their advancing years, then the decision should be theirs and theirs alone. I won't get started on if there should be a lower age limit! lol ^_^

• Jan 22, 2005

wo0ty

Forgotten memorieS

Cancel

in the end it is the decision of the couple, its not that they all of a sudden decide "yes lets have/adopt a child" they put alot of thought into it and if they in the end decide to have a child who are we to judge and deem them unfit or too old to have a child.
and to tell the turth i know of a few friends who have lost one or both of their parents while there parents were still young. death's touch is to all, young and old

"Truly if there was evil in this world...it lies within the hearts of mankind..."

• Jan 22, 2005

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.