Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 About Scanners - Minitokyo

About Scanners

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Impera

Impera

The Silvercloud

I have a nice EPSON scanner (from a mutifunctional cx 5400) and i was able to make scans from cards, books, etc at a nice res -> 400 dpi and the image was big and with enough resolution, but now, after reformatting my computer and put back the drivers, when i scan at something less than 2400dpi, the image look TOO DAMN CRAPPY, NOTHING DISTIGUISHABLE, just crap
Any ideas how can i get the scanner work at 400dpi with a good image at the end?
thnks

Future does not flows in only one direction.
There has to be one which we can choose.
Signature

You might try poking around and checking that the scanner isn't trying to "fix" the image for you. I know that the settings on my scanner's software try to balance colors and brightness and such if you don't turn those functions off. And it generally makes the stuff you scan look pretty awful. (I assume it's optimized for photos...)

I have a Canon scanner, though, so I don't know much about the software for Epson stuff.

Is there any good third party scanning sowftware out there? I'm new to trying to make my scans look good so I can use all the help I can get lol.

Signature
"Eloi, Eloi, lema... sabachthani..."

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

If there are any, a quick Google search should bring them up. I don't know if Photoshop can take them straight from the scanner.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Impera

Impera

The Silvercloud

I think photoshop can actually aquire images from the scanner, but have not tryed yet, also, i have turned off all the enhancing capabilities of the software, just the scan and thats all, but still getting the same problem. Shall take a look for more options and for any other 3rd party software for scanning.

Future does not flows in only one direction.
There has to be one which we can choose.
Signature

jeniferdono

jeniferdono

Sleepless

Old thread but maybe I can help:

i have an epson scanner too. If there's color banding along the bottom, you will need to go to epson's website and download some drivers. Photoshop can take from the scanner. It's the best way do scan.

File > Import > Aquire twain select.

If you scan at 600 (dpi = dots per inch) that helps the quality of scans here since you'll end up with a big file of at least 6000 pixels in height . Naturally you won't upload this huge file because mt has megabyte limits set. You'll have to scale it down to about 2900 pixels in height and drop the to web's 72 dpi since you're not using it for print which requires at least 300 dpi.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.