Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Gundam Seed Discussion (spoilers) - Minitokyo

Gundam Seed Discussion (spoilers)

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Leena

Leena

Leena = Raine = KYRILL

Should Shinn still be sad about his family death even after two years and blaming the Atthas of their death? Yes or No. Give your reasons.

For me is no. Why? Because I don't mind him thinking of his family once in a while but not blaming the Atthas for killing them. i mean, grow up, this is WAR, you can't blame anyone for anyone's death. Is your own fault, you did not protect them. And why did they leave so late when the evacuation is announced long ago. He blamed Freedom for killing his family and did not blame the other three Earth Alliance for it. AND is already two years. Athrun got over Nicoles death and Kira got over Fllay's death and Murrue got over Mwu's death after two years. Andrew once said if you hate a person that gave you a scar, the scar will always remain on you. After two years, Yzak got over his scar that Kira gave him and Andrew forgave Kira on his girlfriend's death. Shinn thinks that only his family died in war, that is pathetic. And I think that the new ending song, `Life Goes On' really suit him.I should put those words on a cloth and wipe it over his face.

And that is the reason I said no. What is yours?

Signature

No, it has already been two years already, he should have gotten over it by then, which most people had. It wasn't anyone's fault that his family was killed, they were in a WAR and accidents happen which causes the death of many people,he's not the only one whose family members are being killed, he should forget about the past, there's no point getting sad over it, since it was all in the past.
I thought it was Freedom who had killed his family and y should he blame the Attha?

Signature Image
[url =http://groups.minitokyo.net/japaneselover/]#JapaneseLover# [/url]

Banchan

Banchan

Nocturnal Creature

Definitely no. War is something that affects everyone, and besides, Shinn isn't the only one who's lost his family, they are millions of people in the world who lost everything. Shinn shouldn't blame the Athha's in this case because first and foremost, it was a war, which no single person could control when it gets out of hand. If he wants to blame someone, then he can blame humanity, because it's the endless desire of human beings to strive to become more superior than those that they perceive to be 'inferior' to them. It's pretty shallow to blame the Athha's for his family's death... after all, even Cagalli lost her father in the war. Everyone lost a part of themselves in the war, and if people just keep pointing accusing fingers at everyone just so that he could pin the blame on somebody else... that's just plain, downright pathetic.

nope!..... A lot of people died.....so he can't blame it.....but he is just a child......I think he must get some time to forget that....or not xD.......

Are some of you people heartless, or what?

a) Orb was supposed to be a neutral country, like Switzerland is today. They were supposed to be safe, and away from the conflict raging between ZAFT and the EA.

b) He's right to blame Cagalli's father, because he was the only one who didn't want to surrender to the EA, remember? If he hadn't have held out, Shin's family would probably be alive still. That's why he holds it against the Atthas.

c) Shin's 16 now, so it would've made him 14 when his family died..he's still a child! I hate to break it to some of you, but losing a parent isn't the sort of thing you just "get over" in two years..much less losing your entire family.

d) All the examples mentioned above (Asuran / Nichol, Kira / Fllay , etc) are valid points, but the relationships between them still weren't as close as you'd have to your family. If you look, they haven't really gotten over it yet..because they still show the flashbacks every time a character's thinking who they've lost..

Not "getting over it" in 2 years is one thing. Obsessively blaming somebody who had nothing to do with their deaths, that's something else. It just seems a bit bizarre to me that Shin seems to be mainly blaming Uzumi and Cagalli, rather than the Earth Alliance for invading Orb without provocation, or Freedom's pilot for firing the shot that killed his family.

Quote by z2eiAre some of you people heartless, or what?
a) Orb was supposed to be a neutral country, like Switzerland is today. They were supposed to be safe, and away from the conflict raging between ZAFT and the EA.
b) He's right to blame Cagalli's father, because he was the only one who didn't want to surrender to the EA, remember? If he hadn't have held out, Shin's family would probably be alive still. That's why he holds it against the Atthas.

Neutral countries tend bear the brunt of the tug of war. Since they both indirectly support the opposing camps, they might find themselves in the crossfire. Heck, even if the Red Cross isn't supposed to be fired at, they are amidst the crossfire because of their duty.

On the other hand, if Uzumi ratified being part of the EAF (I think that would be OMNI in Seed, Atlantic Federation in Destiny), I think Orb would still suffer the same fate. They have to contend with the Coordinators now. Besides, who wants to side with Earth Military who blew its men in Joshua ?

Leena

Leena

Leena = Raine = KYRILL

Quote by z2eiAre some of you people heartless, or what?

d) All the examples mentioned above (Asuran
/ Nichol, Kira / Fllay , etc) are valid points, but the relationships
between them still weren't as close as you'd have to your family. If
you look, they haven't really gotten over it yet..because they still
show the flashbacks every time a character's thinking who they've lost..

Yes, they flashbacks but like i said, once in awhile. not like shinn, 24 hours taking his sister's cellphone and dreamed the entire day about her. Is not that we are heartless, is just that shinn is being too pathetic. I mean who does he think he is. Many soldiers that died, some of them have wife, children, shinn actually thinks `oh, i have lost my family but i will get revenge'. Tell you what, revenge is the worst thing anyone will do. You won't get happiness from revenging.

Signature

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

not all the people are same, and seeing from his point of view he has right to blame attha family since their neutrality cause the alliance to strike and fall victim, not that I detest that decision, is just that try to think when you're in that position, you have family you love very much, all dissapeared because just one's decision or action, will you have the guts to forgive the killer? well that depends on your attitude and how much do you love your family.

however it might be more reasonable if he's to blame pointed directly the person who directly kills his family, either from misguided alliance missile or freedom's beam cannon, nobody knows...yet.

and although to forgive something is much more better, you can't expect anyone to behave like that, some people just can't forget that and maybe shinn is one of them, and that's human, trying to understand someone who's totaly different is practically more harder than you think.

if we are easy to forget and forgive in ideals, then there won't be many wars break, and war after junius 7 incident might never happens.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

I would have to say no. for whatever reason, shinn should have no grudge against the attha family. I dont even see why he would blame them. For what I know, he should be blaming the earth gundams, calamity and them. The atthas' had nothing to do with his family's death. I mean, it is sad that his family died during the battle at orb. To be holding a grudge on the person (cagalli) with no good reason and no evidence is simply stupid.

Shinn thinks cagalli doesn't know his pains? HA! bull shit. Cagalli lost his father and many war comrades back in the earlier war and has to take on the big responsibility of taking care of orb. Shinn, being the coward he is, moves on to plant and tries to be something. Shinn has no right to talk harsh to cagalli, or any of the attha family members. Shinn should get himself in check.

id say no he whines way too much about it and its been 2 frikin years also it was calamity that fired that shot but even so he shouldnt even blame that because his family was running through a forest i mean thats a pretty outta nowhere place i dont think anyone piloting a mobile suit would think anyones even there or even see them at all for that matter also if orb was to do what shinn thinks orb would be disarming itself and completely violating what the country stands for.

soo imo shinn is just one really really whiney character who thinks he noes everything just cause of his family's tragedy

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Quote by LeenaShould Shinn still be sad about his family death even after two years
and blaming the Atthas of their death? Yes or No. Give your reasons.
For me is no. Why? Because I don't mind him thinking of his family once
in a while but not blaming the Atthas for killing them. i mean, grow
up, this is WAR, you can't blame anyone for anyone's death. Is your own
fault, you did not protect them. And why did they leave so late when
the evacuation is announced long ago. He blamed Freedom for killing his
family and did not blame the other three Earth Alliance for it. AND is
already two years. Athrun got over Nicoles death and Kira got over
Fllay's death and Murrue got over Mwu's death after two years. Andrew
once said if you hate a person that gave you a scar, the scar will
always remain on you. After two years, Yzak got over his scar that Kira
gave him and Andrew forgave Kira on his girlfriend's death. Shinn
thinks that only his family died in war, that is pathetic. And I think
that the new ending song, `Life Goes On' really suit him.I should put
those words on a cloth and wipe it over his face. And that is the
reason I said no. What is yours?

Well, for one thing, Freedom never encountered Calamity like that. Strike was the one handling Calamity, when I watched 38. Freedom was busy with Forbidden and Raider. I hate plot holes. -.-;;

But you're right. lol

This is what they call "motive to fill angst meter". XD They need some kinda drama in GSD. So they make him complain about his sister's death, which has been over 2 years ago, just for some angsty entertainment. XD

He didn't even think about the fact that none of this would've happened if the EA didn't attack. He didn't even consider that he would be dead if Athha didn't evacuate the ppl. XP

He'll get over it... as soon as Sunrise is done filling his angst meter. XD

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

Leena

Leena

Leena = Raine = KYRILL

Quote by Athrun
Well, for one thing, Freedom never encountered Calamity like that.
Strike was the one handling Calamity, when I watched 38. Freedom was
busy with Forbidden and Raider. I hate plot holes. -.-;;
But you're right. lol This is what they call "motive to fill angst
meter". XD They need some kinda drama in GSD. So they make him complain
about his sister's death, which has been over 2 years ago, just for
some angsty entertainment. XD He didn't even think about the fact that
none of this would've happened if the EA didn't attack. He didn't even
consider that he would be dead if Athha didn't evacuate the ppl. XP
He'll get over it... as soon as Sunrise is done filling his angst
meter. XD

I agree

Signature

No, I believe Shinn should have recovered from his loss. Its been already 2 years already like most everybody said.

I also believe that Shinn shouldnt blame Cagalli for his family's death. I think they should understand each other since they both lost someone they love during the war.

Signature

J-Music lover
If you need any songs just PM me an if I have it ill link it to you

winged

winged

Nostalgic...

No of course!! He shld just get over it omg!! He's still like sticking on his sis' hp & couldnt let go?? Some sis freak he is !!

& ya... Freedon killed his parents not ORB, though they were the ones tt led to the war in ORB, but he's like too stuck up to even care abt the reality & live with his sis' hp... >_>

Signature
| What do you believe in and fight for? |

Of course shinn should get over it, if he could. All that angst isn't helping much...

Quote: He'll get over it... as soon as Sunrise is done filling his angst meter.

Well, Stellar would have to die first or something....

Seig Jion....Seig Jion

Here's my opinion: "GET OVER IT U CRY BABY!" If Orb didn't stand up and fight for their ideals, all the Coordinators in Orb would've been killed anyway.
Also, his angsty level's almost reaching that of Uchiha Sasuke. LOL

ZhuangQuan

ZhuangQuan

Believe in What You Believe

Of course no. It's already been 2 years and he still thinks it is ORB's fault who cause his pain...
I would give him advice to continue his life rather revenge

No. If there's anyone Shinn should blame.. it should be the Earth Alliance..

well lets see, people die in war, unfortunatly, especially inocent civilians who are just tyring to get out of the way. as seen in previous gundams, especially in kill'em all Tomino's originals. people die, sooner or later. and when they pass, we can either let them go, or hold on tight. Shin holds on tight, , i think he believes if he gives up, if he lets them rest , that there life, adn death would have mean't nothing. sho he holds on to them, blaming everybody around him for there deaths, its being guilty that he survived and they didn't, and he can't get over that, he can't move on and get on with his life like his parents and sister would have liked him to do. but like many people that experiance something that traumatic, it breaks them/

Shinn should put the past behind, he should remember them, but go on with his own life.

ok im not going to say no, its his PROBLEM....go see a shrink XD
the thing hat gets me is that he listens to her mob phone and starts to cry. every single time, that is really anoying. Im really sure the makers were making the point of were is the logic in...
joining zaft coz neutrals killed ya family then ur attacking the same country and bringing more pain to other families.

be pessimistic so that youll never be disapointed and will live a happy life.

shinn shouldnt blame everyone for his pain...such a baby...plus what happened to steller...he like forgotten about her n moved onto lunamaria...almost like kira except a cold hearted guy

life is but a dream...
my soul belongs to meli-chan

LilKittyCrazie

LilKittyCrazie

Tifa....

Well, I think he couldn't get over it after two years. If he wants to blame someone, he could blame anyone, maybe ORB, maybe Earth Alliance, maybe even Zaft. Apparently he is only 14 and losing a dear family would be a big shock at that time. I think to fight his anger, he thought he has to blame someone. And the nearest in ORB, and nearest to ORB is Atha Family.

For me, sometimes we have to put ourself in his point, where his feelings felt, when he was there. He was too young to lose a family and trust me, there are people who took more than ten years to forget the anger.

When he was sent to ZAFT, there was nobody to tell him who to blame. And when he arrived to Zaft, all he learn was to be a apart of War. Maybe he forgets when he was at Zaft. But luckily he didn't forget at all, because for me forgetting the murder of my family, means forgetting MY FAMILY.

He was still a kid when he lose his dear family so I don't blame him for blaming Atha Family. I think what Fukuda meant in this is he was the same as Kira was when Kira was 16. Still naive and still seeks for truth.

My answer would be neither no or yes....

Leena

Leena

Leena = Raine = KYRILL

Yes, maybe Shinn is really too young to endure the pain. But what I really can't stand is his pathetic attitude, that only sees his sister's phone and go crying as if she was his lover *hey, incest here*

Another thing, he should have take his time to think, 'Was he the only one losing family?' , "Will his family be happy is he soak his hand with blood, revenging?". In the show itself, more then half of them lost someone.For example, Athrun lost his mother when he was was young (Bloody Valentine).

Next thing, Shinn is really gettin on to my nerves when he starts to like Luna, I mean beside Luna is older than him, I mean what he is doing is like trying to cheat on Luna.

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.