Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Make Eyes look Alive - Minitokyo

Make Eyes look Alive

page 1 of 1 17 total items

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

I've been experimenting with Photoshop and I just can't get the eyes to look like they have life! They're always super dull, and make the character look dead...

any suggestions? :S

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

Try using burn or highlight the eyes.

does anyone kno the best ways, or anyways for that matter, to make eyes look real? cause mine always look dull.

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

too sharp of an eye element makes it dull, so try adding some slight blur and soft light layer....
or you can add highlight by adding a black layer, set to 'Color dodge' and put a small flare on it... :)
hope it helps

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

<lol> I'm the opposite to Korg. XD I like eyes to have sharp elements - high contrast between colours, obvious areas of shadow and highlighted. Solid white highlights. *shrugs* Each to their own. :) Experiment to see what suits your style best.

Rumi

Kawaii-ko-chan

i use ordinary brush on adobe then i choose white as foreground color and adjust the brush settings to hard light, also try changing the brush intensity to make it look 3D....

does that make any sense?

Peaches are tasty....

A lot of people forget to shade the white areas of the eyes as well (me too, actually). If you do it right (like I canNOT), it really helps the eyes look less flat.

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

At most of the anime like eyes you need to deal with reflex lights and intense colors. In my research I observed that most of the eyes have 5 color (main color light/dark, black, white and the shade color of the eye). It is good tactic to make a gradient with the two main color on the iris. The reflex lights are tricky, over using them is needed in special situations (eg. cry), not using them will make an impression of flat/dead eye. My art teacher (uhh long time ago) used two tenis ball with a dot on them to represented how eyes work when focusing close or far, and I can say this help a lot. You need to choice your chara focusing on YOU (so focusing close) or watching some other/far object, then you need to catch the right reflexes and position of the iris on the eyeball. ^_^

[ My latest wallpapers: Ritsuka <-> ZERO Love v2 <-> Autumn cold night ]
[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by bucket-shot<LOL> I'm the opposite to Korg. XD I like eyes to have sharp elements - high contrast between colours, obvious areas of shadow and highlighted. Solid white highlights. *shrugs* Each to their own. :) Experiment to see what suits your style best.

XD lol, too..
I guess everyone has their own preference... but ah well, I'm not a drawing artist =P so I agree with bucky about the shadows area and some shadings in the white parts... :)

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

hey guys thanks a lot! ^^ i'm gonna experiment after my exams... so in a week or so.

Again, thanks a bunch!!!!

Signature Image

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

What do you mean? Anime eyes or real eyes? Close up or distant view? 8P I got a few tips and tutorials, but they are pretty specific.

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

anime eyes.

Signature Image

try with, . . .
- hue & saturation (for the strenght of a color)
- level (for arranging the darken )
- curve (for arranging the strenge of line and highlight (maybe))

imunown

pop tart terrorist

here's a suggestion, try making a tutorial on it?

i'd do it, but i dont have a set method of making eyes look lifelike as of yet. .___o

Signature
imunown ver.//~1.1.0 N.e.d.e.i.a.n. W.h.i.s.p.e.r.s
the problems of the future, today!

hishou

hishou

- elusive shadow user on hiatus-

my best advice is to simply study how the eyes look, especially the ones you like best. Then experiment with different tools to get the effect you want! ^_^
i can't give much more than that because I've only tried digital media eyes a few times. I usually just draw them by hand via natural media. ^_^
-Li-

Signature
Need help? Double-check the FAQ before you thread. ^_~ *hint-hint*
My Most Recent Wall: Odyssey v2 - A Tsubasa: R.C. wallie! ^^
My Most Recent Doujinshi: "Angela"

This' a worthy tutorial => http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3P784VWPO67RQ2Y7RNC7KCBTO1

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

suggestion picking the right color, choosing strong or bold color make the eye look flat and also glowing in some area XD
Well that's if u're doing anime eyes as far from my experience ^^

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.