Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Any anime series you hated but loved the movie[s]? - Minitokyo

Any anime series you hated but loved the movie[s]?

page 1 of 1 17 total items

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

its strange there are 2 anime series in which i hated but absolutely loved the movie[s].

first one is Revolutionary Girl Utena. i saw about half of the naime series and well i really didn't care for it. but on a whim i purchased "RGU The Movie" and i absolutely loved it. from the trippy plot to the incredible score [ i love Masumi Okui] it surpassed all my expectations.

more recently i would say InuYasha. a friend at work lent me some of her tapes [on the series] and i watched about the first 10 or so. i really hated it since it reminded me of Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z. but after watching the first 2 movies [of 4] im really diggin this anime. perhaps i will even go back and rewatch the series.

so what anime series did you despise but liked the movie?

raxis

raxis

+kusuha 4ever+

mmmmm
maybe..... nadesico

hmm...I hate to admit but I like the Yu-gi-oh movie, LOL, I hate the series so much but my little obsessed cousins dragged me to watch the movie and I was acutally enjoying the movie! Though I think the plot was "the good guys will of course win even when things are impossible" it was still pretty cool!

Signature Image

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by heavens-Dragonhmm...I hate to admit but I like the Yu-gi-oh movie, LOL, I hate the series so much but my little obsessed cousins dragged me to watch the movie and I was acutally enjoying the movie! Though I think the plot was "the good guys will of course win even when things are impossible" it was still pretty cool!

lol maybe i should check it out. well im glad you survived, heavens-Dragon. :)

i agree though good guys usually finish last and DON't win. :) jk

failure

failure

I screwed up again

I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate or even dislike any of the Patlabor series/OVA, but I adore the Patlabor movies. Especially the second one. But the third one I really like as well, even though labors barely even make an appearance. I guess if you look at it relatively speaking, I "hate" the series and "love" the movies :-)

**Insert witty siqnature line here.** || "Interesting anime quote" -- Cool Anime Character, Nifty Anime
Signature

levezzali

levezzali

Purge Existence

hm... yu-yu-hakusho .. that series, just makes me crazy when I see it, I just seem to hate (really, i dislike it very much) it... anyway, another day (actually like , 3 years ago) my brother brought it home and I wathced it... I really don't remember witch one it was (does it have more than one?) but it was something like... htey had to close the portal to hell or something like it... well... it just happened that it was just too cool!

Yet, I keep hating the series, and is showing again in Brasil, on open tv... : P

Purified Existence of a Lost Soul

... ok ... I am not a that serious person !! XD

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

Rurouni Kenshin / Samurai X, I like the ova especially the last movie but I didn't like the series much, especially the jokes are seems to be out of place... but the op/end song are good enough :)

DayBreak

DayBreak

The Prince Is Dead

Quote by rayearthRurouni Kenshin / Samurai X, I like the ova especially the last movie but I didn't like the series much, especially the jokes are seems to be out of place... but the op/end song are good enough :)

Yea! i didnt really like the series, but loved the ova!
the last movie wasnt that bad to.

Signature
i have such good eyes for spotting talent *-* it never failed me -0- cept for the time when i picked bromit to be staff -0- -Queen Saki

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

Rurouni Kenshin / Samurai X, I like the ova especially the last movie but I didn't like the series much, especially the jokes are seems to be out of place... but the op/end song are good enough :)

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

didn't like DBZ but the cell saga was the best. Most of the dbz movies were pretty good especially Movie 13

Dccafdf

Dccafdf

Victor Van Vinklevoss V

Well I didn't hate it.. but I didn't care for the Ruroni Kenshin serie. But I liked the 4 episode Ova's. I say that should count as a movie, lol.. I mean come on, the episodes together span the length of a movie, and they're specials. So heh.. why not? lol.

I am Victor Van Vinklevoss the fifth. It is nice to meet you comrades!

No no no way, i hated the series and actually (Always) hated the Movie[s], too. That's 4sure!!
I blamed all of them >_<

bakabakabaka

~Huh?...Title?...WHERE?~

Lol....well...for me...the series is a bit dissapointing...compared to the manga....but the OVA is actually pretty good i think.

AlphaZero

Kira aka Raito

Sakura Wars... I like the Movie a lot better, it has nice storyline and the characters are nicely drawn.. the theme song for this movie is good too.. :D The Tv was just ok, but not really good.. so... :o

x/1999. I liked the movie and loved the manga (Anything by Clamp is cool ^^)- but I pruchased one of the dvd's of the tv series and it wasn't too impressive. I guess the animation was lacking somehow in the stule I liked in the manga. It did have a cool themesong however.

dragon ball z perhaps... the movies can sometimes be more interesting :P

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

macross movies are cool but the anime was just too old school for me... X_x

Signature

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.