Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think of "George W Bush" - Minitokyo

What do you think of "George W Bush"

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 39 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by Soundwavehes an idiot lol

Way to throw a blunt remark over Bush.

Bush is just terrible in his own little way. Would he make a great president? I wouldn't say, because there will be many of those who think he is, and many who thinks he isn't.

Heck, I have friends who say they should ship Bush to Iraq in a silver platter, because they find him a coward to drag on so much money and so many soldiers for a world-changing cause, and when the victories aren't that complete, he won't take any responsibilities for his so-called "heroic" actions.

Now whether or not they really did find the Weapons of Destruction that he needed is still a controversial and big question mark looming over skeptical critics still of today.

Many think Bush is in it for the oil. Then Bush says it would be best to get rid of a tyrant over his country. Many reasons - plenty. Is Bush making sense, or is he just going around in circles?

The I-Word Quote sums it all. He's truly an ---- yeah, thank goodness I'm a Canadian. ROFL
**Salutes and brings the prized beaver back up to the snowy regions** Brr... cold, eh?

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Bush sux (hey someone's gotta say it). He sux by failing.

Iraq War:
WMD: nothing
Oil: nothing (pipe lines keep on getting blown up)
Effective planning, Nation Building, Exit Strategy: nothing

War on Terror:
Fighting Terror: unknown effect + duh obvious action
Side effects: human rights abuses, damaged foreign status
Osama: nothing

Economy:
Growth: flat, jobless recovery at best
Debt: huge, unsustainable (knee jerk tax cuts?)
Macro-indicators: devalued currency (due to debt), inflation (due to spending)
cutting spending, waste: in your wish
----------------------------------------------------------------
If(...) bush can be a proper conservative or at least do what he is set out to do properly, I'd rank him higher. Right now he has done nothing impressive and as such, he sux.

Seig Jion....Seig Jion

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by SWPIGWANGBush sux (hey someone's gotta say it). He sux by failing.
Iraq War:
WMD: nothing
Oil: nothing (pipe lines keep on getting blown up)
Effective planning, Nation Building, Exit Strategy: nothing
War on Terror:
Fighting Terror: unknown effect + duh obvious action
Side effects: human rights abuses, damaged foreign status
Osama: nothing
Economy:
Growth: flat, jobless recovery at best
Debt: huge, unsustainable (knee jerk tax cuts?)
Macro-indicators: devalued currency (due to debt), inflation (due to
spending)
cutting spending, waste: in your wish
----------------------------------------------------------------
If((...) bush can be a proper conservative or at least do what he is set
out to do properly, I'd rank him higher. Right now he has done nothing
impressive and as such, he sux.

Heh - Still being voted for President, aside from many more people despising some of his actions: Very unusual - Priceless

To also put other things into context, I don't like how CNN would put up news that they solely support Bush's actions - I mean as patriotic as the show is, their news are very lopsided - no wait - more like one-sided opinions. Do they really care what's on the other side - what's actually from "behind-the-scenes?" No I don't think so.

And then to bad-mouth France that one time just because France believed the war was wrong and then going against the UN Council's patience and setting out a hasty action by going to war - that really still leaves a mark as to Bush's credibility as of today around the world.

In addition to laughing and mocking at France, they boycotted some of their products as well just because France wishes to lead the charge for an all-peace out solution. Even with many Americans siding for peace, it seemed that there was hope after all, but no... Bush disregarded some of their voices and did what was best for "democracy." Well let me get this straight, even if people live in a democratic country, why isn't many of their opinions being heard? Why didn't anyone vote for someone else who they believed would have taken a better course of action rather than Bush? There are so many people out there to be voted on, and polls showed that they still despise him and that his popularity is shooting down even worse, yet look who still ends up winning the presidential election? No surprise.

Either I must be overlooking things, or this kind of story is well hidden behind the shadows, but Bush is very tricky and clever indeed, pulling one heck of a victory like that, and its sad that no one caught on really to his mistakes. If any man were to vote, they'd be really kicking themselves hard knowing that what they stood up against was all for naught.

Improvements? I never thought so either. That's one perspective on things. I fail to see that the pros have yet to outweigh the cons. Hm.... oh well.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Quote by CelessaTo also put other things into context, I don't like how CNN would put up news that they solely support Bush's actions - I mean as patriotic as the show is, their news are very lopsided - no wait - more like one-sided opinions. Do they really care what's on the other side - what's actually from "behind-the-scenes?" No I don't think so.

Well I guess you haven't seen Fox News, CNN is more liberal compare to them, my god, why couldn't Fox News just admit they are conservative and bias, look at their debate panel, everyone one them can't find any fault in Bush, nobody is perfect.

Quote: Well let me get this straight, even if people live in a democratic country, why isn't many of their opinions being heard? Why didn't anyone vote for someone who they believed would have taken a better course of action rather than Bush. There are so many people out there to be voted on, and polls showed that they still despise him and that his popularity is shooting down even worse, look who still ends up winning the presidential election? No surprise.

Well, one thing about this country is when we elect our president, it is by electoral vote from the electoral college not direct democracy. So take CA for example which I lived in, the electrol vote would have been Kerry's even if I didn't don't vote because there is enough people hate Bush here, and that is vice versa with Texas, because the political ideology is so different from those large states, but eventhough the popluation is huge in those states, the indiviudal vote don't count as much as some state like Ohio's electrol vote which won Bush the election.

i don't think voting matters as much in a indirect democracy as much as a direct democracy, because the electoral college at the end reflect the will of the state, and there are a lot more red state in US than the blue state. Unless all the liberals decide to migrate from the coast area to the inland, I doubted things will change in the future.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

destati

Yuusha-Oh

Quote by kirchuPresident Bush is at least better than President Hoover during the
Great Depression times if you learned about your U.S. History, IMO.

Actually, Hoover didn't do such a horrible job as most people seem to believe. He did take measures to try and stop the Great Depression, which historically presidents never did. He messed up with the massive tariff and tax hike, but he did pass federal unemployment assistance, increase government spending to try and stimulate the economy, and provide aid to failing banks and such. It didn't work, but neither did the New Deal, which people seem to love.

If you want a do-nothing president, look at Calvin Coolidge. Now there's a guy who didn't do anything. Ulysses Grant wasn't such a great president either.

As for Bush...well. I don't agree with his policies at all. The situation in Iraq isn't getting any better. They've called off the search for WMDs. His 'Social Security crisis' is nothing compared to what's going to happen to Medicare. It's ridiculous how he can claim that gays are threatening the sanctity of marriage when Britney Spears gets married and annuls it in a matter of days, if not hours. Bah.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by Mordin

Quote by CelessaTo also put other things into context, I don't like how
CNN would put up news that they solely support Bush's actions - I mean
as patriotic as the show is, their news are very lopsided - no wait -
more like one-sided opinions. Do they really care what's on the other
side - what's actually from "behind-the-scenes?" No I don't think
so.

Well I guess you haven't seen Fox News, CNN is more liberal compare to
them, my god, why couldn't Fox News just admit they are conservative
and bias, look at their debate panel, everyone one them can't find any
fault in Bush, nobody is perfect.

So wait, what do you really mean by this in terms of debate? How could they not see any fault in Bush? I would like to hear more about this, Mordin. I've never seen Fox News before, I live in Canada, go figure. X_x

Quote by Mordin

Quote: Well let me get this straight, even if people live in a
democratic country, why isn't many of their opinions being heard? Why
didn't anyone vote for someone who they believed would have taken a
better course of action rather than Bush. There are so many people out
there to be voted on, and polls showed that they still despise him and
that his popularity is shooting down even worse, look who still ends up
winning the presidential election? No surprise.

Well, one thing about this country is when we elect our president, it
is by electoral vote from the electoral college not direct democracy.
So take CA for example which I lived in, the electrol vote would have
been Kerry's even if I didn't don't vote because there is enough people
hate Bush here, and that is vice versa with Texas, because the
political ideology is so different from those large states, but
even though the popluation is huge in those states, the indiviudal vote
don't count as much as some state like Ohio's electrol vote which won
Bush the election. i don't think voting matters as much in a indirect
democracy as much as a direct democracy, because the electoral college
at the end reflect the will of the state, and there are a lot more red
state in US than the blue state. Unless all the liberals decide to
migrate from the coast area to the inland, I doubted things will change
in the future.

Very interesting indeed as well. I did watch over CNN about how the voting system goes, and yes, it does seem very unique as to how the ballot was cast and how many number of votes each state would support in terms of who would become President in a presidential election campaign.

As to liberals and conservatism, I'm not really grasping the whole entire concept here. What are the liberals beliefs in comparison to conservative folks in the US? If you could provide a link as to the basic rundown of what each group virutally believes and falls under, that would very well be appreciated. Thank you.

Signature

Bush won because kerry sucked (perhaps more than bush) and the American people sucked so much that they can't organize a sane way of choosing canidates or another party or to stop voting for crap because the said crap would beat the crap out of homos.

Quote by Mordin
Well I guess you haven't seen Fox News, CNN is more liberal compare to them

But still far right of the european mainstream....

Seig Jion....Seig Jion

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by SWPIGWANGBush won because kerry sucked (perhaps more than bush) and the American
people sucked so much that they can't organize a sane way of choosing
canidates or another party or to stop voting for crap because the said
crap would beat the crap out of homos.

My point exactly.

Why choose one guy when they have so many people to vote upon, candidates even worthier than him? Are they so blind?

Kerry was just as bad as Bush, I'll have to admit, so the reason they won is a no-brainer there. I'll have to admit, whoever won between the two would turn out not to be a well-liked individual anyways. O_o ROFL

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

This is a duplicate thread. Here's another thread:

http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/12852/

Even though the topic titles are different, the contents are the same.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

ok, maybe Kerry wasn't much better than Bush, but electing him president, US would give the entire world the impression that the americans do not agree with his foreign and interior policies...yeah Kerry sux, but I still think that it would be hard for him to be worse than Bush...

artriki

artriki

gif dbz

NAS LYRICS

"American Way"
(feat. Kelis)

[Sample - Nas: "Political"]

[Newscaster:] "Recently there has been an emergence of socially
conscious and political rappers. It seems to be
a new trend in the Hip-Hop world."

[DJ scratches sample - Nas: "Nas is a rebel to America" 3X]

[Vers 1: Nas]
Yeah, check it, uh
Spot build-rocker, lil' papa killed Hoffa
Beard lil' longer, feel strong and I'll stop ya
Drill sergeant, still thorough, wheelbarrows of distilled vodka
Get me real bonkers like Will Ferrell on cat tranquilizer
Rap guys get bank and think they messiahs, but they liars
Vote fo who now? You're red, white and blue?
I'm American too, but I ain't with the president's crew
What you peddlin' and who you peddlin' to?
You ain't got the ghetto with you
Try'na lead my sheep to the slaughterhouse
Talkin 'bout +Rap the Vote+, you ain't thought about
The black vote mean nathan, who you gonna elect
Satan or Satan? In the hood nothin is changin, uh
We ain't got no choices who to choose
Ten-years ago they were tryin to stop our voices
And end Hip-Hop, they some hypocrites
Condoleeza Rice - I don't really get this chick
Tell her if she ever really cared about poor schools
About poor children, then she gotta prove that she
ain't just another coon Uncle Tom fool
Like these MC's, gotta give 'em the rules
Lie to the youth, Uncle Tom you confused
Might as well give the Hip-Hop community a noose
Need a truce with the gangs and some food for the hungry
On Kerry nuts, he look at you like a monkey
You MC's on that old slavery path
The Bushs'll look at yo' ass and laugh
See, it's all about community, let's help ourselves
Cops brutalize us get dealt with with shells
It's our turn, it's 'bout time we win
Need somebody as the hood as my councilman, uh

[Chorus: Kelis]
Yeah I think about this everyday, that's the American Way, shit

time can't be saved...only spent message from the TAO

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Quote by destati

Quote by kirchuPresident Bush is at least better than President Hoover
during the
Great Depression times if you learned about your U.S. History,
IMO.

Actually, Hoover didn't do such a horrible job as most people seem to
believe. He did take measures to try and stop the Great Depression,
which historically presidents never did. He messed up with the massive
tariff and tax hike, but he did pass federal unemployment assistance,
increase government spending to try and stimulate the economy, and
provide aid to failing banks and such. It didn't work, but neither did
the New Deal, which people seem to love.
If you want a do-nothing president, look at Calvin Coolidge. Now
there's a guy who didn't do anything. Ulysses Grant wasn't such a great
president either.
As for Bush...well. I don't agree with his policies at all. The
situation in Iraq isn't getting any better. They've called off the
search for WMDs. His 'Social Security crisis' is nothing compared to
what's going to happen to Medicare. It's ridiculous how he can claim
that gays are threatening the sanctity of marriage when Britney Spears
gets married and annuls it in a matter of days, if not hours. Bah.

How could you guys forget Warren G. Hardng, he is by far the worst president we will ever have. The other guys you guys mention at leat try to initial something, Hardng couldn't even bother to see whether the normlcy donctrine was working or not, that leads to Hoover's problem with great depression later on.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Quote by Lord Styphon

Quote by Zelgadisthe only good thing that could happen to GWB is a
bullet in his silly doll head ...
end of discution ...

Really? That would be a good thing?
Consider: if Bush is killed or otherwise rendered incapable of
performing the duty of President, the news story that will have equal
showing with whatever caused this turn of events will begin with the
soundbite "I, Richard Bruce Cheney, do solemnly swear..."
Some people may think that's a good thing. I certainly don't.

but the he's (Cheney that is) basically running the show anyways sooo... not a big difference XD

darkfirefox

darkfirefox

Spriggan

Quote by SeifersytheNo! The Patriots rule the country!
Seriously... W = WWIII
Worst presedent in memory. Thousands have died over a lie, our economy
is in shambels, we gave the finger to the international community ,and
he's trying to turn our country into a theocracy. Yay. -_-

yeah I definitely agree!!. these right-wing extremists are going to ruin the country. they promote democracy in other countries while democracy here is eroding away. they're busy building other countries while everything here is going to waste. they're busy turning this country into a theocracy. While thousands are fighting a conflict he's taking part in lavish parties. >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!! >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!!

Signature
The ever beautiful Rabi en Rose

for one Bush sucks, he is one of the worset presidents of all time, thanks to him more of the middle east and the rest of the world hates us americans. His plans for Iraq are in the same level of a 4th grader understanding....hmm maybe Im giving Bush to much credit there, well any way I cant see anything changing in the near future, since congress and the presidentcy and the supreme court and now under control of republicans....which shows how bad the US is geting now. Hopefully the democrats get their act together and win next election.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 39 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.