Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Hot 97 - Tsunami Song - racism against Asians - Minitokyo

Hot 97 - Tsunami Song - racism against Asians

page 1 of 1 19 total items

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

I just found out about this and it makes me so upset I just have to post about it. A radio station in NYC called Hot 97 made a parody of one of Michael Jackson's songs making fun of the Tsunami victims.

Quote:
There was a time when the sun was shining bright
So I went down to the beach to catch me a tan
Then the next thing I knew, a wave twenty feet high
Came and washed your country away

And all at once you could hear the screaming ch*nks
And no one was safe from the wave
There were Africans drowning, little Chinamen swept away You could hear God laughing, "Swim, you b*tches, swim!"

So now you're screwed, it's the tsunami
You better run or kiss your ass away, go find your mommy
I just saw her float by, a tree went through her head
and now your children will be sold to child slavery (2X)

You can hear the song http://students.washington.edu/jeesuk/longer_hot97_tsunami.mp3 and you can also hear Miss Info (who is Asian) protesting the song and the other two co-hosts attacking her for it.

Supplementary Links:
http://www.hiphopmusic.com/archives/000759.html
http://www.clubzen.com/forum/forum_thread.php?id=2164
http://la.indymedia.org/news/2005/01/121641.php
http://www.thecrusade.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=7893
http://www.angryasianman.com/angry.html

Sign the Petition!
http://www.petitiononline.com/tsunmai7/petition.html
http://www.petitiononline.com/endhate/petition.html

Sometimes I wish I wasn't living in America. Move to Taiwan or something...

Archspectre

Archspectre

Deception, It Will Konsume You

That song is horrible! Some people just don't seem to care. >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!! I mean, I'm not saying you should but, you might as well make up a song making fun of God just so they can take a hint. Well, thanks for spreading this message around. Cya. :)

"I never think of the future - it comes soon enough." -Albert Einstein

"The empires of the future are the empires of the mind." -Winston Churchill

"The future is like heaven-everyone exalts it, but no one wants to go there now." -James Baldwin

"Forever in debt to your priceless advice." -Kurt Cobain

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

better dun make this a flaming thread u_u;;

i from indonesia , u know
and that's not funny at all
how come u can make fun off other pain >_<
i dun wanna flamed tho i really pissed off ......

*what u did , is what u get return*
*there always repayment for every action that u do*

i just feel sorry for that person or what ever do this u___u;;

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

yeah this was pretty lame, that mahooda ms. Jones should be reprimanded,
and miss info is kinda cute.

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

wth!!! I surprised this is not all over the news. Though I knew this was coming. People like them is no different from the people that made fun of the victim of 9-11. The world is the way it is from people like them. All I have to say... is that it won't be funny when your time has come = Phuc!<er !!!

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

It's awful how people can laugh at other's pain and anguish, even going as far as doing it on public. It seriously irks me how someone would have the brians to write those lyrics.

i think it was... some where i heard " writer defends tsunami song" on the tv one day,.
i dont like this song, it really pisses me off, its so unrespectful. i really hope something happens to the dude who wrote it.

Li-Mei

Li-Mei

Comatose

why they bickering about nothing? =___=;; they just made that song for people who take things too seriously. and the song sucks not only for the lyrics but they seriously can't sing for s**t.

Signature

juanicths

juanicths

= tabi-bito =

parodies are meant to be taken lightly and not at offense but i think this song is taking the tsunami TOO lightly.... it really is disrespectful, esp with all the relief work gg on and stuff....

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

I think my brother listened to this station while me and him lived at nyc... Maybe it was another radio station....
Anyways.... that was just horrible.
Wait till the victims hear of this. A massive uproar will happen. The host better be running for their lives when that happens. I know I would find them and beat them if I was one of the victims. I really would.

Learning little by little.
Signature

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

Hot97, being a rap/urban station, does a whole lot that I find offensive; this is just one more thing to add to the list.

shirahana

white flower

Wow....... this is so not cool... -_-; They actually played that on air? Ridiculous.... x_x;

Signature Image Layouts, wallpapers, avatars, templates, brushes, and tutorials for you ^-^;

. . . I express myself. Do you?

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Lol I want to see how if he had been in the Tsunami when it was happened, and God put a good laugh on him ass swimming...
gah, some ppl are pathetic...
I am not that religious, but I bet all the victims of tsunami in my country wouldn't like to hear that song even a bit..
I myself prefer not to d/l it.... that's against my principles....
well, I do hope that God put a real good laugh on anyone that made that song...

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

hmm. let's all make a song about the twin towers falling down and everyone dying. im sure those 2 asswipes would find it hilariously funny.

i dont mean to dampen anyone's mood even futhur, but has those petition site ever worked?

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Uh.. I have no words....
*goes to sign the petition*

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

That disgusting song, or a story about it, WILL show up on the news sooner or later (if it already hasn't). Especially when the donation messages are all over the TV stations? Yeah.

And someone is going to get sued for it.

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

Quote by sammohmm. let's all make a song about the twin towers falling down and
everyone dying. im sure those 2 asswipes would find it hilariously
funny.
i dont mean to dampen anyone's mood even futhur, but has those petition
site ever worked?

Exactly..they should really put themselves in the victims' shoes.
I don't know if petitions work, but I signed it anyway.

Quote by elektr1kThat disgusting song, or a story about it, WILL show up on the news
sooner or later (if it already hasn't). Especially when the donation
messages are all over the TV stations? Yeah.
And someone is going to get sued for it.

I saw a short thing about it on the news last night but nobody got sued. The radio station issued an apology and said that they will donate a week's salary to the tsunami fund.

Vetus

Vetus

Lonely Rolling Star

I wish a huge earthquake would strike Hot 97 radio station's building in order to make fun of them. Lifeless beings!!! >=0!! >=0!! >=0!!

What is "normal", anyway? If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

omg omg i don't think i want to even OPEN it. I don't even want to HEAR IT!!
*sob* don't they have a heart?!

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.