Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Firefox- set to rule the world [browser market]? - Minitokyo

Firefox- set to rule the world [browser market]?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

well i just got my new issue of Wired in the Mail and guess who is on the cover? Blake Ross developer of Firefox with the caption "The Firefox Revolt". this is great, i love seeing Firefox getting all the great press it deserves. So do you think Mozilla can [eventually] take serious market share from IE? i think in time they can.

Wired article: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.02/firefox.html

[heck- im gonna go join er apply to forcefirefox] :)

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

You better believe it!

As the founder here, I encourage all of you to switch to Firefox! Right on! Viva la Revolution! **Makes a peace sign** I told you Firefox will prevail! Thanks for all your proud support guys, a little part of us paves a big way - to work towards a safer browser solution! Wo0t!

Join ForceFirefox to support our cause! ^_^

http://img161.exs.cx/img161/2568/firefoxprevails1oz.jpg

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Quote by DREAM. So do you think Mozilla can [eventually] take
serious market share from IE? i think in time they can.

no

Av/Sig made by Serene ^^
Signature
Proud member of:[Hispanime]

I'm will not guess last time something really bad happen more then once :(

i agree :) celessa and dream :x

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

i love firefox- so we can onlyhope >_<

darn IE will probably try to come up with something dumb to try and prevail- but we know who's on top ;)

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

arkive

arkive

drifto touge all day...

nope i use avant i tryed firefox and i didnt like it.....boooo fire fox..................

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

join the forcefirefox group xD

http://groups.minitokyo.net/forcefirefox/

weeee~
love it :D
better than IE
xD

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

shirahana

white flower

Ah.... interesting.....

I started using Firefox when it was at version 0.9 ^^; (I swithced to version 1.0 'cause it's newer :D)

But about the issue of overthrowing IE altogether... Who knows.... Not everyone who uses the computer cares about their browsers... They'll just use whatever is equipped.

Signature Image Layouts, wallpapers, avatars, templates, brushes, and tutorials for you ^-^;

. . . I express myself. Do you?

DeusIth

The universe in a dot

Quote by DREAM So do you think Mozilla can [eventually] take
serious market share from IE?

It's gonna be a tough one... you see, maybe FF can (and will) win the IT and geek portion of the market, but most of the internet users just start browsing with whatever comes included with the OS theyr pc came with (winbugs) - many of them dont bother/care with what they use to surf the interner as long as they are able to... much less looking and installing a new browser

didnt you notice? wht you first start your pcm "the internet" is inmediatly related to "internet explorer" so after a little bit of time, any normal user woluld say "i'l start internet" refering to run IE to browse it - get what i'm saying?

as long as M$ has control over the 95%of the pc market (and that will be for a very very long time) i think FFox will prevail as a seccond place... sad but true :(

btw, this msg was edited using FireFox ^_^

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

I'm using Opera and I find it to be faster than Firefox...

Signature

as long as microsoft is the dominant operating system, ie will be the dominant browser. i personnally prefer firefox but ie is the default browser for windows which automaticly makes it the most popular, because most people don't care which one they use and ie is easier.

failure

failure

I screwed up again

Quote by ZeliardI'm using Opera and I find it to be faster than Firefox...

Yep, there always has to be some Opera guy hanging out...

;-)

Nothing against Opera, but if I have to choose "Pay for it, or free with ads" or "free all the time, and open source too, and runs on obscure platforms too" I choose Firefox! But I see a lot of people singing Opera's praises, so undoubtedly it is a good browser.

I really like Firefox. Before Firefox/Mozilla I was using a different browser on every platform. Netscape 4.x on Solaris, Interweb Exploder on Windows, and lynx or w3m on Linux (at least before they ported Netscape 4.x to it). Now I use Firefox on everything, and enjoy a uniform browser everywhere I go.

**Insert witty siqnature line here.** || "Interesting anime quote" -- Cool Anime Character, Nifty Anime
Signature

I like FireFox more, it simply is a matter of preference, don't get so fired up people. The themes are nice features, and because it is open-sourced, there can be so many extensions made for the browser. Monopoly is never good, another reason I use FireFox.

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

FireFox has everything IE never will. Proper coding that is compatible with other browsers, the ability to open multiple tabs as well as multiple windows. I can't even use IE anymore. Nothing shows up right in IE. But still, I find myself coding web pages to be compatible in both browsers in case someone visiting one of my web sites uses IE.

I'm a loyal firefox user, and will never use anything else again.

Aerith0530

Aerith0530

~ I s r a f e l ~

Hm, it could very well happen. But, Microsoft has established itself world wide for quite some time now. I mean, who haven't heard of Bill Gates? It's more a problem of getting people to know about FireFox.

Personally I love FireFox for its tab ability and I love IE for other use friendly things like an easier method of saving pictures.

Signature

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

lol... I would love to see firefox kicks IE and its msft's butt. XD

but then again, with Mozilla being a micro-cap company and gettiing all of sudden this popularity and msft known to like to buy out the smaller guys. because of all the msft lawsults at the momment they are not going to bother, but most likely i think they would either buy them out eventually or finally develop something thats worth using...

i love using firefox and I think is way way way better than any broswer at the momment. but still some sites are build just for ie ... so basically unless either Mozilla becomes bigger somehow, or eventually ie is gonna start punch back with their multi hundred billion dollar company behind their backs... XP

Signature

sh1nj1tsu

Old Soul

It, like many other browsers, still lacks standard items that appear in both HTML and CSS that have been around since the late 90s. Though, it is nice to have something without a security hole in the most mundane part of the software.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

firefox is so much better because its open source and there are so many extensions (grnated, some suck, but others are really useful)
and of course, I cant forget the days of 300 pieces of spyware everytime I surfed the web on IE,
woo! Firefox #1! :D

those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Unfortunately, no I don't believe it will. Which is something that I'm very sorry to say. I have been using Mozilla with linux for years and Firefox since 0.8 with winxp. But, the majority of computer users worldwide run a Windows OS and until Microsoft is barred by law from bundling IE with their OS, IE will be the browser that is predominately used. What else can I say but:

Quote by Ablert EinsteinIn order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep.

That doesn't keep us from using Firefox though, does it! ;)

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

i never thought about using firefox until i came on minitokyo ^_^ now i use it always ; it's far much better with the pop ups and all the shit that internet explorer let do ^_^
go go firefox

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

Silenius

Silenius

S.T.A.R.S. Member

Heh, i use firefox when i'm working on linux (that means that i use firefox 1 of 10000 times), but the other times i use maxthon, i really hate IE, because it don't stop pop-ups, and i just hate so much.

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

you guys realize that there are minor issues with MT and Firefox, don't you?...
and what's worse is that those specific bugs doesn't appear in IE.....
that applies vice versa
so, the conclusion....
Firefox isn't the best, nor it's perfect....
it's just wayyyy much better than IE
but every now and then, admit it, you -need- *cough*IE*cough*
unless Bill Gates got out of Ms and funded Mozilla... I doubt that IE the universal standard of web browsing will be replaced by Firefox anytime soon .. <_<
I'm just stating the facts here...
I myself use Firefox almost 80% of the time....
but heck, sometimes I do have to make the switch because of certain issues with Firefox..
well, go go Firefox xd....

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

I started using firefox last month, and I think its really good. I no longer get stupid crap that seems to find its way on to your computer anymore, plus I just like the look and feel better.

However, the only thing that I have heard about it leately is that there is actually a major security flaw that is present on it, I cant remmebr what it is, but they are thinkng that it wont be fixed until the next version is released.

I wouldnt worry too much about it thought, becuase look at how many security issues that IE has all of the time.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by jackalx66join the forcefirefox group xD

http://groups.minitokyo.net/forcefirefox/

weeee~
love it :D
better than IE
xD

What the? O_o

Quote by egnirysFireFox has everything IE never will. Proper coding that is compatible
with other browsers, the ability to open multiple tabs as well as
multiple windows. I can't even use IE anymore. Nothing shows up right
in IE. But still, I find myself coding web pages to be compatible in
both browsers in case someone visiting one of my web sites uses IE.
I'm a loyal firefox user, and will never use anything else again.

Indeed - I'm not saying that Mozilla is the perfect one to go for either, but you do have to admit, that Firefox has so many improvements and so less flaws compared to what IE has nowadays. What I liked about Firefox is that it is continually being improved, and that many of the world's top organizations have collaborated to coding in perhaps one of the finest browsers ever to have embraced this Earth - that's what I like about Mozilla Firefox - the teamwork at hand and the constant needs for improving changes that show that monopolies like Microsoft will never reign supreme all the time and forever. Heck - I'd call it a "bite your dust" move that is really doing its part well.

All in all - Firefox is the better of the two no doubt - hands down. Heck, why didn't I bring up any competition? Firefox has no competition when it compares to facing off against IE - Firefox pawns all. ^_^

And yes, I wished some of the sites would be adapted to Firefox as well. They better make the switch, or else... O_o **Jumps into the bushes**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.