Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Any tutorials on desiging realistic grass? :_: - Minitokyo

Any tutorials on desiging realistic grass? :_:

page 1 of 1 11 total items

I've been designing and re-designing my new "Another Code" wallie throughout the night and I still can't get the grass right! T_T I'm beginning to feel like I suck at making realistic wallpapers! Do you have any useful tutorials on how I can fix the grass on my wallpaper, because I am now officially stumped! >.<

Another Code wallie

try looking up tutorials for terregan programs
if realistic landscape things are what you need ;)

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

ROFL - Star, why didn't cha mention this in the shoutbox during the first place? Just kidding.

Oh - very nice indeed. Wow O_o - How did I overlook this one. The girl is so pretty... *_*

**Chomps on an apple while daydreaming again**

Oh shoot! **Snaps out of it** Where was I? Oh yes.

If you are having problem what the grass looks like, go around the website and check what real grass / artificial grass looks like - that might visually help you there.

As to the grass, they look all prickly and purky no doubt - um... not in that sort of way, you sicko - LMAO O_o

But seriously, that grass would look much nicer if it was more random-looking and beaten to the side - like the wind that has partially effected it, making it look more natural, and for some areas the colors of the grass tips fade as they spring out. And the grass looks a little lopsided in some areas more than others. The dark green patches killed it pretty much. Hope that helps - lolis

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Oh wait, I can use the shoutbox for help? XD Oopsies, my bad! Please close this thread moderators so that I can ask for assistance in the shoutbox, if possible! -_-

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

mmm... all I can say is practise a lot ..
use stock photos from magazines and such for your reference image.... and try to learn the perspective, details and color variations and tones....
grass colors can be different at night as well as in daylights,.... and atmospheric factors like clouds, fog, and lighting also affects the appearance....
I do not mean to disencourage you, but no matter how many tutorials you're eating... still, the realism of the grass you created depends on how well you got the stock image portrayed in your mind...
I found Nat's tutorial to be the best available on the net, besides Xythis's (which is a bit more advanced method - without using brush),... all that left is just some practise...
and after that, you might want to create your own brush, according to your liking....
take it slow, I felt the same way when my first time designing sceneric walls with grass.... ;)

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

lol wait hold on a second - it would be best to keep a tab and record of advice on a thread so you won't forget, plus it won't be temporarily like that in the shoutbox - and besides you asked for help that all members can give you advice upon - I don't think you should close this thread yet, give these people time to let in part of their advice, ne? lolis - I'll see what I can do for you too.

Good luck on your work. You have the willingness to keep trying, and that's all that matters.
You can do it!
Keep practising and I think you'll be great! Wo0t!

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Quote by Celessalol wait hold on a second - it would be best to keep a tab and record
so you won't forget - and besides you asked for help that all members
can give you advice upon - I don't think you should close this thread
yet, give these people time, ne? lolis - I'll see what I can do for you
too

Oh okay, Celessa! :) I don't want this thread closed now! But still, this wallie is so hard to make, I almost gave up on it entirely! Hope Korgie's new advice gives me a pick-me-up! I really need it today! :sweat:

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

oh, i forgot to mention something......
use the single-blade grass brush more oftenly than the three-blades,.... because too much of the three-blades would make the grassfield look unnatural.....
like, all the grass blades need to sway in the same direction, although some are indeed sway in the opposite direction, but they are -much- fewer....
I hope I was being clear enough >.<

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Yodelforcookie

Yodelforcookie

As days go by...

I either use the grass brush + muliple layers/colors/sizes/inversions (Whew!) OR
Clone stamp some real grass, maybe filter it a bit so it doesn't look TOO real ^_-

"Man created an acid rain that now washes away the sandcastles he built.
...or perhaps he needed it to wash away... all his deeply hidden secrets..."

Quote by KorganoSoh, i forgot to mention something......
use the single-blade grass brush more oftenly than the
three-blades,.... because too much of the three-blades would make the
grassfield look unnatural.....
like, all the grass blades need to sway in the same direction, although
some are indeed sway in the opposite direction, but they are -much-
fewer....
I hope I was being clear enough &gt;.&lt;

Gee, thanx Korgie for the much needed help! ;) I'm off to re-create the grass once more! StarCentury doesn't give up so easily, oh no! Here I come Mr. Grass, and this time you will look realistic! I have the power of my friends to give me support! XD

lol star......hmz......asking for help .......well....I made my grass ground based on this tutorial:
http://ningen.nattoli.net/ (it's under tutorial) hmz.....just practice ^^ it should be done that way ^^ gogogo star^^!!!

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.