KOEI Corporation Games

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Cancel

I'm just curious as to if anyone out there owns or plays any games made by KOEI:

KOEI Website

Any of the discussions about what you think about of one of these games can be entered right here. If no one has ever played any of these games before, I highly recommend you should rent these games and try it out for yourself, since it is for the PS2 and even for the XBOX here, so you should have no problems playing one of them, of course.

I love the strategy in Romance of The Three Kingoms IX, no doubt. It is a basic rundown and a simpler model of Romance Of The Three Kingdoms VII - but its still just as good. Based on the popular history book of "Romance of the Three Kingdoms," it is quite interesting how the game is quite similar to that of this wonderful novel. The history repeats itself through actual historical events as you play the role of the commanding hero, normally someone pretty well known in name through reputation as a great and successive warrior, who pretty much tries to dominate the other opponent on the battlefield. When you get used to it at first, it might seem fairly boring, but afterwards, when you do master the game, you will love it for sure. The music is sharp and inviting and the battles are quite fun to watch indeed. I love how they do Arrowrain and Volley tactics - I'm pretty cheap with them here.

http://img188.exs.cx/img188/5596/romanceofthethreekingdomsix3fn.jpg

http://img117.exs.cx/img117/5232/ss19ld.jpg

http://img117.exs.cx/img117/9493/ss96xa.jpg

And one of my all time favorites of KOEI: Who could forget Dynasty Warriors 4, really?

I love Lu Bu because he is virtually the cheapest warrior out there, and he can't be beat! His reach is inbelievable the longest and he's the strongest character in the game, hands down. Zhen Ji is sweet and so is Zhou Yu, Ma Chao, Xiahou Dun, The Fan sisters Xiao Qiao and Da Qiao, with Zhou Tai - the madest musou player on earth when he's really furious in his final musou mode <it's definitely sweet!>, with Zhang Liao, Gan Ning and Sun Shang Xiang in the mixture.

You should get it! I'll guarantee it'll be worth your while.
It's a sweet deal indeed! lolis

Also, Dynasty Warriors 5 is coming out soon, and I can't wait to get my hands on one of those, for sure! lolis

http://img185.exs.cx/img185/5299/caratuladynasty49wo.jpg

http://img32.exs.cx/img32/5338/dynasty29et.jpg

When you feel like playing something totally different from the Dynasty Warriors series, you can always hook up with its offspring - Samurai Warriors! This game is amazing that you can do a whole lot more when you are creating a whole new character you just made from scratch. You have to train them pretty decently with succession in order to prepare for the big test. Once you've been trained really well, then you will have the choice to go through a series of trials, noted on the skills you have worked on throughout your training session.. If you do pass, you automatically get into the game, and there you can go ahead and play with your created characters on any of their own unique little missions, each one varied depending on one of the main characters who decided to hire you and take you under their disciplinary wing.

It's an awesome game to try and I love the girl with the umbrella - Okuni! What's nice about this game is that you can build your stats up continually well, like as in Dynasty Warriors, and the endings are various and more diverse here indeed than anywhere else, so you can always find something different throughout the gameplay as you progress onwards throughout the missions you face. And with the objectives you must complete which even tougher than before, it'll prove quite a challenge to unlock all of the secrets, but once you do, it becomes incredibly fun and definitely worthwhile, and you truly get to benefit from all of the rewards over here, of course.

http://img119.exs.cx/img119/5593/212721samuraiwarriors9md.jpg

http://img178.exs.cx/img178/2347/pt13796lqa0ra.jpg

So the big question on my mind is this: has anyone ever played any KOEI games before? And if so, please discuss any of the interests you have in particular with one or more of these games I just mentioned here. Well, have fun!

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Cancel

Yeah, I used to play Dynasty Warriors 4 with my friend to help him complete it. Now I'm borrowing Samurai Warriors from him. I love Koei's games, all the way back to Romance of the Three Kingdoms....2 I belive was the first one I played.

• Jan 26, 2005
Cancel

History you said :) Nope nver play them before
But i was never good game i give up on them but does sound fun to relive history :)
i thnk i will try them sometime this year
Thanks celessa for the info :)

• Jan 26, 2005

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Cancel

lol well if you aren't that interested in the Han Dynasty, that's alright. Thanks for reading of course, but I don't expect the users to read all that actually O_o

But yes, the game is based on real actual history. The facts are authentic and real. What was even more interesting was that there were so many talented people during one entire era for a good chunk of the century.

Lu Bu and Dong Zhuo actually existed.
Lu Bu even killed Dong Zhuo thanks to the clever beauty and charisma from Diao Chan.

Everything there is real, I wish I got a website to showcase what I meant, but these people did actually exist from time to time. Wu, Wei, and Shu. Yup.

Quote by pAdamskYeah, I used to play Dynasty Warriors 4 with my friend to help him
complete it. Now I'm borrowing Samurai Warriors from him. I love Koei's
games, all the way back to Romance of the Three Kingdoms....2 I belive
was the first one I played.

Nice - The oldest I ever played was Wall of Fire for Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV on the SNES - its crazy nonetheless and a good game indeed. I think that's the oldest I ever played really. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Cancel

Quote by CelessaNice - The oldest I played was Wall
of Fire for Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV on the SNES - its crazy
nonetheless and a good game indeed. I think that's the oldest I ever
played really. lol

Yeah, that one was pretty crazy. :D

Have you played Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires or whatever it's called? I saw it at the store and almost picked it up, but I think I'd rather get someone else's opinion first.

• Jan 26, 2005

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

Cancel

I've never played any Romance of the 3 Kingdoms series, but I've read lots of books, and countless series on tv.... I'm an asian, what do you expect??!! I've played Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, and I would say KOEI created a stepping stone of another revised genre. Look at the amount of games of senseless slashing and slashing nowadays, with Chaos Legion by Capcom being one of them.
In the epic story of the 3 kingdoms, I would say that the best suitable Emperor would be Cao Cao. Evil as he may be, but he was a strong strategist and warrior. Unlike Liu Bei, who's only ability is to create a good rapport with people, and have to rely totally on Zhuge Liang.

Btw, how much KOEI paid you for these promo???? ^^ ^^ ^^

Signature

• Jan 26, 2005

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Cancel

I am big fan of Koei games, I have played all 9 of the romance kingdom series, it is very addictive. Big Dynasty warrior fans also, well except for the first one which was no fun at all. Looking forward to RM3K 10, played the chinese version, waiting for the english version for PS2, and the Dynasty warrior 5 coming this spring. One note on Samurai Warrior, it is failure in my mind, because they couldn't imporve the mechanics that they copyed from Dynasty Warrior, plus the history of the three kingdoms is much more compeling. Hope they make some improvement in the coming verisons.

As for the characters, I think by far the most interesting character have to be Sima Yi, since he did last out Wu, Wei and Shu to create his own kingdom.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

• Jan 26, 2005

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Cancel

lol if I were to say - if you were a hardcore game fan, you can buy it if you like, but trust me, you will be somewhat disappointed.

The game itself is almost entirely the same - all the save states you had before won't carry on the Empires game here and the only way you can level up is by spending money - which gets incredible hard at some point of the stage unless you would love to waste your life over it.

Haha - I'd just stick with Dynasty Warriors 4 indeed, that games still a classic, no doubt.
A heads up - Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires is more like a strategy game - and all you pretty much do is try to take other people's bases and dominate most of their locations within a certain amount of time. Problem is, if you lose too much morale, you lose the game, even if you are still alive and dominating the enemy with multiple KOs, which kind of stinks at the end. Plus you have to protect certain bases and such and such - it gets pretty tough once in a while but their strategy is so basic and flawed - repetitive AI counts, I could say here.

If you still are interested in the game though, I'll try to recommend you in renting out the game there first, then you'll see if the game is good or not. Not sure if you might like it or not - I find it okay, but I'd rather spend my money on the new games like Devil May Cry 3 or Kingdom Hearts 2 when they come out. I love to see the good news and raves that come out of that game indeed.

----------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, Sima Yi rocked and he was the best because he did find a way to unite the Three Kingdoms together and was the smartest strategist I've ever seen, thus ending the Three Kingdoms indeed. Surprised you even know the history behind the game as well, Mordin - ROFL.

To Zeliard: I'm also a representitive of KOEI and part owner / contributor of the official Japanese DDR website for DDR games as well, but I don't market them, thanks for asking. As to the ads, I get paid $575 US to do a full breakdown of the game. That was in Japan actually - ROFL - twas fun talking to the Japanese people who went out and tried the game. They enjoyed it as much as I did when the first Dynasty Warriors 4 demo came out. ^_^

Signature

Cancel

Quote by Celessalol if I were to say - if you were a hardcore game fan, you can buy it
if you like, but trust me, you will be somewhat disappointed.
The game itself is almost entirely the same - all the save states you
had before won't carry on the Empires game<cut>

Ah, that sucks. I think I'll hold off then until DW5. ^^

• Jan 27, 2005

Criox

Criox

~LoNe BaNcHoU oF MiNiToKyO~

Cancel

Well my friend had the game! I borrow it from him! IMO, I think KOEI's game ain't bad! Onli thing is I not interested! Lol! Sorri bout that! >__<

~SpInnIng ThE NeW ThReAd oF CrEaTiOn~
Signature

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Cancel

Not much of a fan of koei. I think the only thing they got going so far is the DW series ( SW is the same but w/ ninjas ). It gets really boring sometimes in a way that's it'e not that innovated. Plus they keep on releasing the xtreme legend series afterward.( you can say the same about the Tony Hawk series )

Quote by Celessa I'd rather spend my money on the new games like Devil May Cry 3 or Kingdom Hearts 2 when they come out.

Great choose in games ^^ Though I hope DMC3 is more like dmc1, then DMC2 ( DMC2 worst sequel ever = P )

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

• Jan 27, 2005
Cancel

hehe i was a DW4 addict for a good 2 months and then i got Samurai Warriors soon after which was just as awesome....though i do get dizzy sometimes when i play more then one player mode since the screen can get wild at times and its all just...Blah...anyways i did play DMC1 and that was pretty cool too...

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

• Jan 27, 2005
Cancel

Yes...DW4 Extreme! All my characters were maxed stats and all had their lvl 11 weapons! XD
All my characters pwned, even on expert lvl. Sema Yi is really really cheap. (If you know how to use him)

• Jan 27, 2005

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Cancel

^^ their games rock ^^

Just awesome, but i don't really like their marketing system XD
They keep making sequel, one is similiar to the previous except the number of playable chars XD.
Just so sad -_-

NachoKun

Patron of Pocky

Cancel

they rule with an iron fist! XD
i've played many of the dynasty warriors series games and have had plenty of hourshaving fun and beating up on many many warriors for my beloved kingdom(s)
i havent had the time to break out the samurai action in samurai warriors yet, but ive heard it's just as good if not better
and it's beeen a loooooong time since i manage a kingdom like in Romance of the three kingdoms (since my snes days), also great fun but takes a lot more of patience

"As the raven is born of its own, so does kindness beget kindness" ~ Mareg (excerpt from Grandia II )

"Wether it grew from a need for vengeance, or from deciding to run fom something... Strength is still Strength" ~ Satsuki Yotsuba (Negima! Magister Negi Magi)

• Jan 27, 2005

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Cancel

I played Saiyuki- The Journey West (it's not based from the anime) on the PSX

If you're a fan of Final Fantasy Tactics, this one is a good filler. I simply love the opening sequence. And the dragon girl, Shu Ryorin is hawt. xd

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Cancel

Quote by NachoKunthey rule with an iron fist! XD i've played many of the
dynasty warriors series games and have had plenty of hourshaving
fun and beating up on many many warriors for my beloved kingdom(s)
i havent had the time to break out the samurai action in samurai
warriors
yet, but ive heard it's just as good if not better
and it's beeen a loooooong time since i manage a kingdom like in
Romance of the three kingdoms (since my snes days), also great
fun but takes a lot more of patience

lol - yeah Samurai Warriors isn't interesting as Dynasty Warriors is though. No wonder some people like the girls in that game - admiring girls who kick major butt and are hot indeed - ROFL

Quote by afanYes...DW4 Extreme! All my characters were maxed stats and all had their lvl 11 weapons! XD
All my characters pwned, even on expert lvl. Sema Yi is really really cheap. (If you know how to use him)

Really? How about facing Lu Bu one on one against a human being. You'll ultimately lose - just kidding. I have no idea how strong a person can be, but cheap - yes yes.

Quote by DarkSaviorNot much of a fan of koei. I think the only thing they got going so far
is the DW series ( SW is the same but w/ ninjas ). It gets really
boring sometimes in a way that's it'e not that innovated. Plus they
keep on releasing the xtreme legend series afterward.( you can say the
same about the Tony Hawk series )

Quote by Celessa I'd rather spend my
money on the new games like Devil May Cry 3 or Kingdom Hearts 2 when
they come out.

Great choose in games ^^ Though I hope DMC3 is
more like dmc1, then DMC2 ( DMC2 worst sequel ever = P )

It better. I never liked DMC2 - but DMC3 is the better bargain I'll hear, and I got one of their music tracks off the demo. Sickness indeed - kind of reminds me about the King of Fighters 98 soundtrack I got at home. Terry Bogard rocks!

Quote by calisqo^^ their games rock ^^

Just awesome, but i don't really like their marketing system XD
They keep making sequel, one is similiar to the previous except the number of playable chars XD.
Just so sad -_-

Yeah - oh well. I can't wait for Dynasty Warriors 5 though, it'll be cool. They keep making sequels, some better than the others, but I didn't mind.

I was drawn to KOEI when I played DW3, although I have played every other game before. DW4 was the highlight - and I liked it a lot. And can't wait to play Kessen III and ROTK X - great games indeed, though I'd put my money on DW5 instead. Heard it'll be great. ^_^

Signature

Cancel

ooooooooooooo quite a fwe of those games i have been planing on buying really soon nand I think now you've made me 100% sure! lol. The only strats i have been playing were like FF games and FF tactics....yea....oo and Lunar that's still awesome.

Signature

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Cancel

Quote by Celessa Terry Bogard rocks!

I see you got good taste ^^ Terry is my guy in SVC and has always been one of my character I pick in KoF series. I know it got nothing to do w/ the topic but I just want to agree w/ you ^^' that's all = P

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

• Jan 27, 2005
Cancel

I thought no body is ever going to mention their game...well...finally someone did...!! Anyway... I only own Dynasty Warrior 3 both editions...too be honest...their games are addictive...but later on...you will get bored with it...not planning to own Dynasty Warrior 4...since there are 3 versions of it...and no money is always the first issue...I personally like Dynasty series better...cuz I know lot of history behind it...but aomehow the game always alter it...well...it aint matter...4 is def harder than 3...and I really dont know how 4 works...many suggests 3 is better than 4...Lu Bu is an ass...but compare to Cao Cao in 3...man...that Wrath of Heaven is truely wrath...his 5th weapon is pieace of junk compare to his 4th...I like Lu Bu's 4th better over his 5th...I like most of characters...overall...I like Shu Kingdom better...maybe I will try 4...but I really hope 5th is going to be better than 4 and please...no more expansions...kind of drag...?? The only thing I like Dynasty Warrior is their game mode...when it is in hard or very hard...it gives lot of challenge...and the rewards are usually good...which gives the player a experince of war...def not a walk in a park...!!

This is a great thread...wow...maybe ppl should name their best fighter...I guess in here...??

I only have 3...got most 4th weapons...5 left but too lazy to get them cuz the characters are sux and dont like them...5th is going to take some time...!!

Signature Image

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Cancel

Quote by DarkSavior

Quote by Celessa Terry Bogard rocks!

I see you got good taste ^^
Terry is my guy in SVC and has always been one of my character I pick
in KoF series. I know it got nothing to do w/ the topic but I just want
to agree w/ you ^^' that's all = P

What the Fuzzy? Guess I'll open a new King of Fighters Thread then, just kidding - it already had existed when you look up KOF - so blah - ROFL - no point there - but anyways, yeah he rocks indeed. Power Wave!

But who could forget K - now he was a burning sweet kick-arse character no doubt! ^_^

i still liked Kula and Whip though - my fav. ^_^

Quote by OneWingTenshiI thought no body is ever going to mention their game...well...finally
someone did...!! Anyway... I only own Dynasty Warrior 3 both
editions...too be honest...their games are addictive...but later
on...you will get bored with it...not planning to own Dynasty Warrior
4...since there are 3 versions of it...and no money is always the first
issue...I personally like Dynasty series better...cuz I know lot of
history behind it...but aomehow the game always alter it...well...it
aint matter...4 is def harder than 3...and I really dont know how 4
works...many suggests 3 is better than 4...Lu Bu is an ass...but
compare to Cao Cao in 3...man...that Wrath of Heaven is truely
wrath...his 5th weapon is pieace of junk compare to his 4th...I like Lu
Bu's 4th better over his 5th...I like most of characters...overall...I
like Shu Kingdom better...maybe I will try 4...but I really hope 5th is
going to be better than 4 and please...no more expansions...kind of
drag...?? The only thing I like Dynasty Warrior is their game
mode...when it is in hard or very hard...it gives lot of
challenge...and the rewards are usually good...which gives the player a
experince of war...def not a walk in a park...!!
This is a great thread...wow...maybe ppl should name their best
fighter...I guess in here...??
I only have 3...got most 4th weapons...5 left but too lazy to get them
cuz the characters are sux and dont like them...5th is going to take
some time...!!

Cao Cao - **Salutes** He bombs all - rofl, just kidding of course - they are all pretty darn close to pretty good, against one another - well he's not the greatest but I like him, because he's pretty cool indeed. Then you have Guan Yu - a really cheap soldier who could be considered Lu Bu's greater equal, and the sorts.

Sun Jian is not my favorite though - if they made his sword longer and his combos much more fancy like Zhou Yu's - I'm in! ROFL

But yeah - my favorite and best character to use is Lu Bu because I have the best of everything for him in that game. Plus he has the longest reach, the highest attack power - you name it. He's just too powerful indeed - lolis

And Dynasty Warriors 3 was one of the main reasons why I continued to play Dynasty Warriors 4 indeed. I make Pang Tong and Zhang Fe look liked squished waffles after beating the life out of them both with my twin-headed spear. Good times - especially with the musou mode as well **Glares, then all of a sudden laughs at the mad rising KO count**

http://img174.exs.cx/img174/8075/daqiaocg4si.jpg

A sketch of Da Qiao in CG Art form - she's pretty nice - beautiful, and powerful as well to boot. Who would ever have thought otherwise? ROFL - good times indeed.

Signature

Cancel

Da Qiao as Sun Ce's wife...in case you are wondering...anyway...Lu Bu is good because he is easy to use...that is way...long reach and high power...he can wipe everything in his path...the deadliest fighter among three kingdom...I remember there is a quote not exact but *among horses, red hare, among men, Lu Bu*... Cao Cao is deadly because of his death element... I beat Lu Bu in very hard in 10 sec with that move...oh yeah...beat the crap out of him...I dont like to use Lu Bu because he is easy to use...lol...cheap..that is...of course Guan Yu is powerful...we Asian worship him as a God you know...lol...I like him very much...a bit on the slow side...but his reach is incredible...!! Zhang Fe looks like a rock-and-roll guitar player... the way he holds his spear...lol... Zhou Yu (nickname-pretty boy...it is true in history...!!) best combo guy ever...swift attacker too...but he fights like a sissy (a bit) OX ...Sun Jian...nah...he sux...Sun Quan is a bit better....Sun Ce is fun to use...!!

http://www.geocities.com/muni_shinobu/pics/ssgms2/2nd/shibai.gif

vs

http://www.geocities.com/muni_shinobu/pics/ssgms2/2nd/ryofu.gif

Who will Win...?? lol

Signature Image

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Cancel

To the above challenge, I believe Sima Yi will win, simplely he will trick Lu Bu and fight dirty as a head to head confrontation means death for Sima Yi.

Back to the characters, I believe Ma Chao is a pretty good character, because the recovery time for the combo is shorter than Lu Bu, Lu Bu's reach takes him longer to finished the combo. As for Zhou Yu, he is ok, but I like Lu Xun better, plus Lu Xun is smarter. :) But my favorite character to use in the game still has to be Xu Huang, powerful and takes damage well. I max him first in every dynasty warrior game I played.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

• Jan 27, 2005

Sepiraph

Arayashiki - One-winged Angel

Cancel

I love KOEI's rot3k games, although I hardly really have times to play any these days. I played and finished rot3k III many, many years ago. As for Dynasty Warrior, my brother has a few versions and it is fun.

I'm a big fan of rot3k in general (can't you tell? XD), I own and read the book (in chinese) and own and watched twice the 80+ episode DVD TV series.

Signature

:: Member of Celestia :D ::

• Jan 28, 2005

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.