Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Final Fantasy VII vs Xenogears, best PSX RPG - Minitokyo

Final Fantasy VII vs Xenogears, best PSX RPG

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Silenius

Silenius

S.T.A.R.S. Member

I haven't played Xenogears (i will someday), and i wanna know what do u think, who's the best?

i think its a tie.. both of them are among my favorites

i think ff7 was a lil overrated but still its a great game and xenogears also was a great game not as much people played it but to me it was great xenogears storyline was at the same level as ff7 and they even made it a good mecha game also the long hrs of gameplay was very satisfying after you beat it (i think around 80+ hrs) and in ff7 it was the length of a regular rpg but it told its story with that time both the games also had great characters but for some reason my choice would be xenogears i think a story about a war against the gods using technology is a lil better

Xenogears all the way whamy :)

"A loveless life is a living death."
"EyEs iN My TeEtH I Can'T sEE CaUsE i'M EaTInG"
"And All The Fears You Hold So Dear,Will Turn To Whisper In Your Ear..."

FF7 was better

-Never love anything, for it will be taken away-
-Death is not the end of life, contrarily it is the beginning of it-
-I do not care so much that they respect me, only that they fear me-
-Happily-ever-after is a lie-

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Both games were equally good in my opinion. Both were made by squaresoft too. Xenogears had sum lovely animated scenes in it and was fun to play, especially the battle game in there. FF7 had a great story and was really fun to play.

ffvii is a great game, and xenogears too. But, i prefer ffvii, because it seems more funny to play. But, Chrono Cross or Valkyrie Profile are two very good games.
Chrono cross: it story is the best of all of RPG.
Valkyrie Profile: Good story (about Odin, Ragnarok etc) and a very good battle system

I think so

Wiegraf30

Peasant of the Pillbugs

My vote is for Xenogears, all the way. No other game has ever affected me the way Xenogears has.

Both games are pretty good, though they suffer from some similar problems. They both have really, really crappy graphics, both have somewhat shoddy translations, and the gameplay wasn't exactly stellar (Xenogears was too broken, ffvii was too easy). Both games have long periods of time where you do nothing but follow the story (no, I don't count "have Barret walk to the execution chamber" as gameplay).

Regarding plot, Xenogears wins bigtime. The plot is just far better than any other RPG out there right now. Not only is it deep, but it's really smart. It's a game that makes you think.

Lvl 10 achieved! My rank has risen yet again! No longer a Servant; I'm now a Peasant! Mwahaha!

Wiegraf30

Peasant of the Pillbugs

My vote is for Xenogears, all the way. No other game has ever affected me the way Xenogears has.

Both games are pretty good, though they suffer from some similar problems. They both have really, really crappy graphics, both have somewhat shoddy translations, and the gameplay wasn't exactly stellar (Xenogears was too broken, ffvii was too easy). Both games have long periods of time where you do nothing but follow the story (no, I don't count "have Barret walk to the execution chamber" as gameplay).

Regarding plot, Xenogears wins bigtime. The plot is just far better than any other RPG out there right now. Not only is it deep, but it's really smart. It's a game that makes you think.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post. It was completely unintentional. -_-

Lvl 10 achieved! My rank has risen yet again! No longer a Servant; I'm now a Peasant! Mwahaha!

Masaru-San

Masaru-San

Mayor of Hardcoretown.

Sorry, Valkyrie Profile rules both of these games. Not really for story, but for gameplay. And art. And music. And the large cast of characters.

Take a look toward the sky, Halvdane. We shall fill the air with spears to turn black this christian sun.

fuzzmegabass

fuzzmegabass

Code Ninja

I love FF7, ever since the first time I played it, I still own the PC version (even though I can't currently play it.) I love practically everything about this game, the gameplay, the music, animation, etc. And the ending is absolutely amazing. FF7 is definately one of the games that will live on for a long long time. It's one of those games that never gets old. Xenogears was fun, but not as awesome as Final Fantasy VII.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.