Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anybody Else Miss Soul Reaver? - Minitokyo

Anybody Else Miss Soul Reaver?

page 1 of 1 21 total items

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I really miss that series. Now I know that Defiance was released recently... but that's nowhere near the game that the original Soul Reaver was. I was just wondering if anyone else was missing a 'true' sort of sequal to Soul Reaver, especially considering the 'ending' of Defiance. Oh yeah, that was the worst ending EVER.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

AlbelNox

AlbelNox

Wicked.

I miss the first Soul Reaver with it's relatively simple storyline. All that time travelling multi plot stuff didn't really interest me.

I had the most fun of all in the 5 minute demo I had years ago of the first game.

Signature

I like the new story that they made with defiance and all the time travels... actually i'm anxiously expecting the next game to see how the story proceed because that of defiance wasn't an ending for me, they left to many things to do and a very wide range of possible continues

I am he who hath entrusted his soul to the eternal vortex of time. Ye know me! And if ye do
not, ye shall be made to know me!! It shall be engraved on thy very soul, Lezard Valeth!!
If ye shall accept the brand of Hel upon thee, thy sanctions shall in turn be lowered.
...I shall grant thee the deliverance of thy soul, and ye shall come now before me!!

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Quote by GadesI like the new story that they made with defiance and all the time travels... actually i'm anxiously expecting the next game to see how the story proceed because that of defiance wasn't an ending for me, they left to many things to do and a very wide range of possible continues

Yeah, I didn't find the 'ending' of Defiance that good either. I bought the game for Raziel, and got the equivalent of paying for a kick to the balls.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

I also miss very much raziel it was one of my favourite characters ever and it ended that way... Kain is not so bud but raziel was way better, i hope the will take out a very good storyline for compensating the lack of raziel sigh....

I am he who hath entrusted his soul to the eternal vortex of time. Ye know me! And if ye do
not, ye shall be made to know me!! It shall be engraved on thy very soul, Lezard Valeth!!
If ye shall accept the brand of Hel upon thee, thy sanctions shall in turn be lowered.
...I shall grant thee the deliverance of thy soul, and ye shall come now before me!!

CTEon

CTEon

.:Holy Devil:.

hmm...I definitely look forward to what's new to the series...suffice to say I was a bit disappointed at how they chose to end defiance (though I won't say more than what was already said) ...I just hope raziel would choose to return in some form or another since errr... free choice is...hard to come by e.e...very interesting to how the story develops from here too...the time travelling and all really threw me off since it brought about so many twists as to who's using who...but now that there's some meaning amongst all the questions I believe this is where it really starts <3

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

fuzzmegabass

fuzzmegabass

Code Ninja

I never got to play defiance, so I'm not up to date with the story. I became really disappointed with LOK 2, and I stopped checking up on the series. I do miss soul reaver though, that was a cool break off series

Signature Image

Defiance was 10 times better than SoulReaver. SoulReaver was a good start and Defiance improved the game a lot altought the end wasnt that good

CTEon

CTEon

.:Holy Devil:.

I won't go as far as to say the ending wasn't so good...it was...definitely more than surprising though if you ask me considering how there were so many twists before finally reaching the end only to reveal...more questions yet again x_x...but at least this time they answered some of the questions the originals asked so I'm still waiting for what's next

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

In the Legacy of Kain series, I have only played Soul Reaver. Though I own Soul Reaver 2, Defiance, and Blood Omen 2, I've never tried them out. Hopefully they are still around somewhere in my closet.
I still remember in those days when I used to wrap a towel around my mouth, and telling my friends that I'm Raziel... hehehe. Still doing it, less nowadays... ^^

Signature

Summoner

Lotosypherine

I don't miss the Soul reaver series but I sure miss a game as fun as Legacy of Kain which can be thought as the first of the series ,or,if sought a little differently a prequel to the reaver series.Defiance was quite fun imo.

n>1

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Quote by Summoner I don't miss the Soul reaver series but I sure miss a game as fun as Legacy of Kain which can be thought as the first of the series ,or,if sought a little differently a prequel to the reaver series.Defiance was quite fun imo.

Yeah, Defiance was fun, I'm not gonna argue that one with ya! However, I felt kinda cheated out being such a huge fan of the original. They totally scrapped the logic based bosses for dumb ones, where it was just mash square until they die.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

Yodelforcookie

Yodelforcookie

As days go by...

I only played through a portion of the first game, not just the demo.
It kind of got a bit too grand-scale for me and I couldn't follow it anymore, so I dropped it.
The Kain games seemed a bit too focused on looking at flashy ways to kill people.
I'm sure it's more, but I guess it didn't appeal to me as much.
I loved the gothic designs of the first game, though. Excellent atmosphere.

"Man created an acid rain that now washes away the sandcastles he built.
...or perhaps he needed it to wash away... all his deeply hidden secrets..."

Summoner

Lotosypherine

Quote by ultimashower

Quote by Summoner I don't miss the Soul reaver series but I sure miss a game as fun as Legacy of Kain which can be thought as the first of the series ,or,if sought a little differently a prequel to the reaver series.Defiance was quite fun imo.

Yeah, Defiance was fun, I'm not gonna argue that one with ya! However, I felt kinda cheated out being such a huge fan of the original. They totally scrapped the logic based bosses for dumb ones, where it was just mash square until they die.

Probably going over simplicity to hit more market success(hard bosses->hard game->frustration->some other factors and events and game gets no big success).

n>1

Nord

Nord

Give me more!

What are you saying? Kain not fun!? He's awesome!

The game I liked the most in the series was SR2, it was perfect in every aspect.

I love the storyline in all the games, even thou' the ending in Defiance was kind of sad it all made sense (to me).

I'm eagerly awaiting the next game (and I hope the can make the camera better, I hated it in Defiance))

<----------

Signature Image
Did she just..?

no

"A loveless life is a living death."
"EyEs iN My TeEtH I Can'T sEE CaUsE i'M EaTInG"
"And All The Fears You Hold So Dear,Will Turn To Whisper In Your Ear..."

I played Blood omen 2, and Legacy of Kain Defiance, I was disappointed with the ending, however the theme of defiance was time travel, so they can just bring him back later. I await the next game in the series because I loved playing as Kain (when he was actually strong, and not like in blood omen 2).

-Never love anything, for it will be taken away-
-Death is not the end of life, contrarily it is the beginning of it-
-I do not care so much that they respect me, only that they fear me-
-Happily-ever-after is a lie-

Nord

Nord

Give me more!

Quote by GhaleonI played Blood omen 2, and Legacy of Kain Defiance, I was disappointed with the ending, however the theme of defiance was time travel, so they can just bring him back later. I await the next game in the series because I loved playing as Kain (when he was actually strong, and not like in blood omen 2).

The theme has been timetravel since SR2. And it's really deep.

<----------

Signature Image
Did she just..?

I couldn't stand all the 'hunt around for the right path' 'box moving' jumping business of the later Kain games.

I liked the plot and characters and story and all though.

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Quote by NordWhat are you saying? Kain not fun!? He's awesome!
The game I liked the most in the series was SR2, it was perfect in every aspect.
I love the storyline in all the games, even thou' the ending in Defiance was kind of sad it all made sense (to me).
I'm eagerly awaiting the next game (and I hope the can make the camera better, I hated it in Defiance))

Nope! Not saying the game wasn't fun! I'm just saying that, while fun, the experience from the first Soul Reaver kinda seemed to deteriorate. I liked SR2 also, but it seemed way too short, and that's when they took out the logic based bosses... if only they had more time!

HTML Coding Hates Me...

AnimeLover17

AnimeLover17

The Reaver of Nosgoth

I have SR2 and Ilove it, I still havent beaten it but great game and the blue one (Raziel) is kick ass,

"And if I told Moebious he was worshipping a giant squid?"-Raziel
Soul Reaver 2

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.