Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 OS-Tan desapeared from Minitokyo - Minitokyo

OS-Tan desapeared from Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 11 total items

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

people......have you noticed that OS-Tans have desapeared from Minitokyo because nobody knows who' s the creator and therefore, no one know to whom give credit (is there a copyright?)...
let' s see if someone replies to this thread....possibly a gallery mod..... ^^

nyo

oh i havent noticed, since you have told me.
Sorry that i could not tell you something.
http://www.directupload.net/images/050128/2LjK88KK.gif

Me-tan

OS

YOU MONSTERS !!!!!
T-T .....buuaa

broq

broq

deux ex artificium

but if os tan is a popular character desing; who has the copyright?!!!!

poor Me-tan...

Danael

Danael

Ecchi Archangel

Unfortunately it is going to be a bit hard. The original OS-Tan girls were created from a discusion in Futaba. Actually the first one to be created was Me-Tan... curious huh? Anyway most of the images have been created by amateur japanese animators, following the same sort of "principles" established with Me-Tan. Therefore there are some obvious characteristics of the OS girls:
a) Voluptuous curves are a measure of how nice the interface is but lack of realy number crunching capacity. That is why XP has such big curves and 95 is so demure.
b) Dress. Xp tends to be very ecchi, while 95-98 tend to be reserved, kimono usually. Funny thing is that longhorn has been envisioned as also a classic dress type OS.
etc...etc...etc...

In other words, there are several places you can find OS-Tan images BUT it is hard to assign credits, unless we can assign them to the website they were originated or taken from.

Another solution I can think of is to ask around and see if there is in MT a Japanese member or a member that knows japanese or has a friend that reads japanese so that we can ask them to go into Futaba and check for the correct credit assignment.

Sorry I cannot do more. If someone by any chance wants a specific image I've got several of the MT ones, plus some I've found in other websites. I will post the links in my userpage this weekend.

Did you ever notice how in the Bible, whenever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?
Signature

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

Quote by Danael
Sorry I cannot do more. If someone by any chance wants a specific image I've got several of the MT ones, plus some I've found in other websites. I will post the links in my userpage this weekend.

wow...how nice ^^
i realy look forward on seeying those images, nyo ^^
thank you very much ^^

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

Here is the wiki I found on it...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS-tan

Maybe it will be of some help. By looking at it, it seems like the Futaba board as a whole claims them. Seems to be a collaborative group effort. If anyone is in need of a bit of searching in Japanese, let me know and I can muddle through it.

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

Sira

Sira

Sira Keogh Lombard

It is a true one it hurts that they are erasing the images that we like of the girls as they place them here

Todo depende de uno

"Miembro de: [Hispanime]"
"Miembro de: [Ecchi-club]"

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

All that the MT admin would need to do is credit "Futuba" as the creators since, according to a lawsuit against an animation company, Futuba as a whole was claiming to be the orignal creators of the characters.

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

Wipikpedia is a good place to research copyrights and such on OS-tan. Futaba has had issues with people ripping off without permission. International copyright laws would also make it more than a little hard, but I always thought that it was more of a public domain/intellectual property kind of thing. True, Me-aki (the creator of ME-tan) and XP-aki (likewise, the creator of XP-tan) could be said to hold the intellectual copyright to their respective characters, but I'm sure if you look hard enough, the designs were infulenced by other board members. Not to mention, the design has certainly been refined as time passed by other people. Personally, I have a wallpaper at work showing three different variants of 2K-san (I'm running 2K Pro at work, so what else!). Each one seems to be a completely different artists rendering, and while each has it's similarities, each also has many unique differences.

Anyway, just my two cents from a minitokyo n00b.

someguy66

someguy66

The FlameHaze

Quote by heatheriacWipikpedia is a good place to research copyrights and such on OS-tan.
Futaba has had issues with people ripping off without permission.
International copyright laws would also make it more than a little
hard, but I always thought that it was more of a public
domain/intellectual property kind of thing. True, Me-aki (the creator
of ME-tan) and XP-aki (likewise, the creator of XP-tan) could be said
to hold the intellectual copyright to their respective characters, but
I'm sure if you look hard enough, the designs were infulenced by other
board members. Not to mention, the design has certainly been refined as
time passed by other people. Personally, I have a wallpaper at work
showing three different variants of 2K-san (I'm running 2K Pro at work,
so what else!). Each one seems to be a completely different artists
rendering, and while each has it's similarities, each also has many
unique differences.
Anyway, just my two cents from a minitokyo n00b.

Yea, wikipedia is a good place to find things.

Signature

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.