Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ever Went Miniature Golfing? - Minitokyo

Ever Went Miniature Golfing?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

One of you people had to play miniature golf once during your lifetime, right? So I was just wondering if anyone here does plays Miniature Golf?

I definitely have a story to tell you, if you don't mind me starting the topic myself. If you don't feel like reading however, you can ignore the story I'm giving you and scroll down directly to post your response.

---------------------------------------------

Back in the summertime of 2002, we went down by the Falls to play a little mini-putting - with just me and a couple of friends. Haha - I was s'okay with that thing, nothing special. However, I hate it when you overputt the ball and it gets way off the course. The course layouts were so terrible indeed. So we had to start all the way back to the beginning and counted off a penalty stroke. I just wanted to rip the windmill in half that one time - and beat the heck out of the clown's face who keeps blocking the ball with that enormousing swinging teeth of his - sort of like the one time in the movie from Happy Gilmore, when the main character got frustrated the clown was playing him around, blocking the ball from passing through at every turn. Bad times, indeed! lolis

But alas, t'was fun though for me, at least. O_o We had a couple pad beatings with our practice clubs to give off the frustration from the lousy scores we all got over there. Well I was humble with mine since I've always done okay, but my friends just got ticked off that they couldn't get the hole in 8 tries, when it clearly stated the hole was a Par 2. One even had a score of +91 at the end of one game. O_o

They scored so many more triple-bogeys than I have ever seen in my life. I had to admit, they were terrible at the game, to be totally honest with you. ROFL - Hey, I was being honest though. lol

They were even 2 inches off the hole while putting, then suddenly they tipped it so poorly past the cup towards the side, and suddenly the ball curves off the rim and ends up 20 feet away. O_o - Shame, really. lol

And then there's those really hideous holes that are situated on top of a hill, so you have to judge the power and accuracy really, really well to get it over the hill and actually in.

My friends were so cautious to hit the ball up that theirs ended up like halfway up the hill, slid back rapidly after coming not even close, and then it shot back down further away from that hill time after time again. They got so annoyed for sure. One even overshot it way past the hill and the ball smashed a window nearby the golf course building. We just dropped the game and ran.

I forgot to give the club back and now its my souvenir. Ahh - the memories. **Looks at the club she now holds in her hand** ROFL - good times that was! Now that was good times indeed!

---------------------------------------------

Feel free to share your stories here, if you do have any to tell at all. Any courses you despise? What was the worst moment you have ever been through while golfing? Are you good at mini-putt games? Fire away! lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I haven't been able to go to a golf course yet. I'm stuck in college, but there are golf courses about 2 miles away. From time to time, I see people golfing there, but with the recent snows that hit the northeast US, I doubt anyone will be there.

Based on your story, golfing sounds adventurous, and it would be a change if I can find some way to get off of campus without the aid of an upper classman.

Thanks for asking, hon.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

lol - actually the miniature golfing was a pain in the arse O_o

Adventurous? lol - plenty likely, when you have friends around with you. If you play by yourself, it gets kind of boring, but when you play with people you know you're better against, it's fun to pawn them and watch them fall to their knees and worship your skills.

Then again mel, no thanks needed. You just have a good time - lol - and yeah the snow is crazy.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

I can't golf :(
You should see me trying to hit the golf ball :sweat:
It really funny :D you won't believe how many time I hit and miss
Guess I'm not a golf person :) Oh well !

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

Yeah i used to play mini golf back in my middle school yrs. can't hit the ball though.O_O

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I did about five years ago ^^ it was "ok" = P I think I won the 1st couple of times. Though my friends doesn't like it very much, cause they keep on lossing. Then we stop going... end of story ^^'

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by PureTypeDZanzaYeah i used to play mini golf back in my middle school yrs. can't hit the ball though.O_O

lol - you can't be kidding right? O_o

And yeah it can be an arse too. But would you really try to putt well if you had the chance to win a car in the Price is Right? Play A Hole In One - tis easy indeed.

Quote by DarkSaviorI did about five years ago ^^ it was "ok" = P I think I won the 1st
couple of times. Though my friends doesn't like it very much, cause
they keep on lossing. Then we stop going... end of story ^^'

lol wow - same thing - we still go there to play some arcades as well, but most of us went there just to golf a lot actually.

There's one close to Midway by the Falls - you could probably see me there in the white jacket during the summertime. Though - most won't believe their eyes who I really look like in real life - that's why I never show them my real identity. Mwahaha - my sbsolute true beauty shall never be revealed, but if you do go there or think about going - try to look out for the girl in the white jacket, holding a white umbrella around there all the time. That's me in a nutshell. lolis

Mini-Golfing is kinda fun during the summertime- especially when your cousins come over to play.

Signature

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Are you applying that your life repeats it self every year in a way that you always wear a white jacket during the summer time with a white umbrella close to Midway by the Falls? Lost my self just now ^^' Anyway, sounds interesting @(^_^)@

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

erm ....
no >_<
want to but
no miniature golf here ._.
*sigs*
i want try tooo >_<

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

well i've gone a few times with my cuz but i suck at it...i always end up hitting the ball too hard since i can't control my swing too well...hehe ill just wait till a meet a cute girl so she can teach me XP

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Well, I have gone a few times with my friends, it isn't excatly the most fun you will have in an activity. But let me tell you, it is the greatest thing in the world when you go drunk though. One time we did that for no reason, we have a blast, and I couldn't remember min golf could be that fun. :D

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

yay mini golf! my friends and i like to play what we have dubbed "extreme mini golf". no scorecards, juss try to get your ball into the hole and prevent all other players from getting theirs into the hole... on holes with tunnels... hit it as hard as you can so that it ricochets off the walls of the tunnel. (caution: make sure no one else is in the vicinity, cuz u don't wanna hit them with a stray ball)

Signature Image

nope havent tried any kind of golf yet.. well i hope i get to play soon though...

Kachie-chan

Kachie-chan

"Kay-chee-chan"

Yes - and we Cheated.. :x heehee..

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I've been once or twice in various places. One that I remember most was the last time in Lanzarote where me, my brother and my parents were playing. I hit the most amazing shot ever! The hole was basically a 'u' shape and there was a small hill straight from the beginning. Now, I'd had some trouble getting over hills on the previous hills because I tried to be too delicate. Not this time! :d
i hit it far too hard and it shot towards the top of the hill. Now, I also hit it wonky, so it hit the side and flew into the air [I'm about to run to the hills]. I watch as it goes up, then lands literally 2cm from the hole on the other side of the horse shoe XD . Man, that was some serious flu..I mean skill :hmpf: .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

I've only minigolfed twice. ...Once as a kid, and that wasn't a big course. ...And again in college. ....Maybe two years ago. ...The course was interesting. ....Only had one real skill shot like the windmill or the clown, and that was at the very end. ....i almost made it. .....You only get one shot. :( Meh. I did okay for a noob I guess. ...The site had a pretty cool "volcano" ....It filled with propane or natural gas.... ....Then lit it up. :-o

Haha~ minigolf. XD Ye gads, I hate it so much. +91? *rofl!* XD That's even worse than me! I got something like 58 over par on the last hole (supposed to be 4 par.. x_x)... which was sooo incredibly annoying. I was so annoyed that I just wanted to get it over and done with already- but noooo. I had to be stubborn and refuse to pick it up. :sweat: Never again, heheh.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by DarkSaviorAre you applying that your life repeats it self every year in a way
that you always wear a white jacket during the summer time with a white
umbrella close to Midway by the Falls? Lost my self just now ^^'
Anyway, sounds interesting @(^_^)@

**Cough cough** erm... okay - not a white jacket all the time - but I loved it so much these past few years that I keep wearing my light jacket for sure - haha

And yes - the white umbrella was a souvenir I bought myself off from Japan a couple years ago, and it looks so extra classy. Then again - the stalkers would probably jot this down - so I'll just end this note by saying I also carry a secret potent mini-shotgun the size of a toothpick, so if anyone wishes to meet their beautiful executor, that would be me. ROFL - when you see charms ringing and dangling off a girl's bracelet, then you'll know - haha

Quote by Kachie-chanYes - and we Cheated.. :x heehee..

Sure - I'd just pick up the ball and drop it into the hole myself when no one is around. That'll score me a -1 on my card. - haha - I'm kidding of course, I don't cheat on a golf course at all, unless the people tell me to, or they start cheating themselves.

Sounds quite like a deal - just like when you are sticking your Gameshark cartridge in to get all the hidden weapons and items within a game. Good times indeed.

Haha bucket-shot - I said to my friend she would be better putting if we told her to go in her blindfold and guess. It's pretty much the darn same thing almost. lol

Signature

My friends and I used to go miniature golfing all the time. We would have so much fun! I remember one time I was with my friends. One was standing at the end of the hole and the other was getting ready to hit the ball. Well he hit it a little to hard that it flew over the bump and hit my other friend right between the eyes. He fell over like a tree. He was okay, just had a really bad headache, but we still laugh about it to this day! Oh the memories! ^_^

Signature Image

* : )

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

lol wahiawagirl - the memories indeed ^_^

We had so many fun times back then before we all led out on our separate ways into university / college life. **Sighs** Those were definitely the good times, I have to agree. As to random people chasing people with clubs and golf balls bouncing all over the streets, twas not bad. lolis

Signature

Quote by Celessalol wahiawagirl - the memories indeed ^_^
We had so many fun times back then before we all led out on our separate ways into university / college life. **Sighs** Those were definitely the good times, I have to agree. As to random people chasing people with clubs and golf balls bouncing all over the streets, twas not bad. lolis

lol! i know what you mean!

in a way, I wish i could relive those moments. now a days, we are all busy trying to finish school, pay the bills, and/or make a living.

thank you for creating this thread, Celessa. it really put a smile on my face. i think i'm going to have to give my friends a call! ^_^

Signature Image

* : )

I played miniture golf when I was a kid and that was long, long, time ago. Now, I doubt I can even hit the ball straight on a putt. ^_^'

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by mughiI played miniture golf when I was a kid and that was long, long, time
ago. Now, I doubt I can even hit the ball straight on a putt. ^_^'

How about I aid you in this way - you just put inside this long straight circular tube I made out of plexi-glassand I'll guarantee it'll go into the hole 99% of the time - but don't overputt it, k? Or else I'll use that tube to hurt you - just kidding - LMAO - more like swat people with it when they don't know what a hole-in-one means, apparently O_o

Signature

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Mini Golfin? Yup i think i have 3-4 times when i was lil. It sure was fun. Altho i wish i had done it with a g/f or sumthin of that sort sounds child'ish romantic eh? OX.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.