Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 :: POLL: Apple Stuff Vs. Sony Stuff, Who do you like more? ^^ - Minitokyo

:: POLL: Apple Stuff Vs. Sony Stuff, Who do you like more? ^^

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

Here is a little story I wana share with ya.. True story. ^^ Last august, I got my sister a laptop for the new school year, and from the laptops that I want her to get, she pull it up a notch and made me pay for a way more expensive Ibook. XP and she made me pay for a Ipod *which wasn't as popluar yet* as well.

At that time, I didnt see the protental to apple yet, but since my sis got an apple laptop instead of the sony laptop which I was goona get her, I also made a switch with my sony investment to apple. *which at that time they are both around $31 dollars* I hold on to my apple til just last week when it hits $74 while that said, I was looking back at sony last week when I sold my apple shares Sony was at $36.

So as of right now...

In a business point of view

Apple Beats Sony 72 to 36 !!! XP

Apple is beating Sony so Bad that it makes their head spin... @_@ Sony very much got its butt handed to them... lol... XD

So now after all said and done,

who do you like more ? ^^

-Apple "Ipod & Ipod shuffle" vs. Sony "Mini disc/ CD / mp3 walkman".
-Apple "Ibooks and Mac computers" vs. Sony "vivo laptop and PC computers"
-Apple "Itune store" vs. Sony recording company
-Apple Flat Screen Displays vs. Sony Flat Screen Displays
-Apple aapl Investments vs. Sony sne investments

Signature

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

i must say apple xD
my comparison is 80/20 of 100 total
sony has pretty neat stuff
but i more like apple xD
the have nice design and system
tho they both is expensive >_<

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

DojiHiko

Natsume Maya addict

Both apple and sony make good things. It's really a matter of preference. I think the reason for the apple stock is mostly due to the iPod. I'm thinking sony will probably go up once the next playstation comes out, but I may be copletely wrong.

Signature

Midori-chan

Midori-chan

Shh...

hmm..in this case...i prefer apple...it has more systematic programs and designs^^
i admit it's really expensive.... OX

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Well, I'm hoping to make the move to MacOSX later on in the year, but have used more Sony stuff in the past. I find them good quality, but they really make you pay the upper limit for some of their hardware.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Mind you at one time that Sony had shares of over $315 dollars at one point before dipping off the Blue Chip market, realizing that Sony was over-inflating their profits too high, I should know because my friend is a portfolio manager for stocks as the marketer and I'm an accountant - so we both know our fair knowledge of stocks for sure.

But anyways - lol - that was old times. Could say the same for companies like Enron as well - though Enron was evil - evil I tell you! **Points her fingers at them and still keeps laughing**

Oh - what rocks - Apple or Sony? I would say both - though I dunno. I love Apple's innovation, and Sony's securities, so it's a good call of preference here.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

As everyone knows, the iPod totally kills any sort of portable music device that sony makes. However, I can't just vote for all apple stuff. They do have some great ideas, but their closed architecture and high prices are their achilles heel. Sony's consumer electronics tend to be overprices compared to the competion as well. Sony's computers aren't bad (I haven't used them much), but at least they are x86 based.

Signature Image

hmz...Apple I think.....computers of apple are better and stronger ^^ sony.......nice design, lightweight.....GREAT monitors and screens...but lacks at the quality/price and components....
apple better ^^!!! but....if you are talking other stuff then comps....sony is good =)

Frosty

Frosty

Quote by CelessaMind you at one time that Sony had shares of over $315 dollars at one
point before dipping off the Blue Chip market, realizing that Sony was
over-inflating their profits too high....

lol... very true.... but thats the bubble days... everything is not really real... I know because I got my butt handed to me back in the bubble days.. *good thing back then I only have a small amount of cash to play the market or I would really be jumping off the building.* lol... XD

Quote by Celessa... my friend is a portfolio manager for stocks as the marketer and I'm an accountant - so we both know our fair knowledge of stocks for sure.

ooo... looks like I found my find my kind of ppl here... lol. XP

Quote by Celessa Enron was evil - evil I tell you!
**Points her fingers at them and still keeps laughing**

lol... very evil indeed. :D I know a trader friend awhile ago lost his shirt and pants on this guy. XP *never see him back since* lol. XD

Quote by Jim3535... iPod totally kills any sort of portable music
device that sony makes.

lol... thats right... XD

Quote by Jim3535...However, I can't just vote for all apple stuff.
They do have some great ideas, but their closed architecture and high
prices are their achilles heel. Sony's consumer electronics tend to be
overprices compared to the competion as well. Sony's computers aren't
bad (I haven't used them much), but at least they are x86 based.

but these days I'm beginning to think a mac is just getting better then any kind of pc computers. kind of like how firefox is beating into ie. for example. lol.

Signature

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

i like sony better than the apple...
i own more products from that place than apple...
the only thing they have that is so special is the ipod...

retire

fuzzmegabass

fuzzmegabass

Code Ninja

Wow, this one is actually a hard decision for me... Sony has always been my choice for top quality electronics, but Apple makes some of the coolest stuff in computers... For this poll, my vote goes to Sony

Signature Image

peachiemint

peachiemint

.:dreaming of you:.

sony for mee b/c umm... i dun own any apple products. tee hee XP

p.s: hi hi grandpa frosty =^^=

Signature
This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

For computers, I would prefer Sony between the two. For MP3 players, I would prefer Apple. Sure Apple's iPods have a huge place in the market, there are always alternatives, and I would usually go for those alternatives instead.

shirahana

white flower

I didn't vote ^^; Because personally, I haven't really tested the two comparatively before.... So I can't say.... ^_^'

And you bought your sister an Ipod? @_@; My parents won't pay for it. They don't like throwing a whole bunch of money out at once...

Signature Image Layouts, wallpapers, avatars, templates, brushes, and tutorials for you ^-^;

. . . I express myself. Do you?

Alex204

Seeking Rakuen

I think it is wrong to compair the two in terms of shares and value. Apple may be better at marketing new products (like the iPod), but apple computors iratate the hell out of me - mainly because of their single mouse button interface (how can people live with out a scroll wheel?) and there idea that everything has to be done there way (like the one-way transfer rule on iPods, but the people winamp sorted that one out).
On the other hand, while sony many some of the best laptops (i am using a vaio at the at the moment which has not had any problems in the 2.5 years i have bashed it arround) but some of their other devices don't live up to this standard. In terms of mp3 players, i would go with Creative every time. The Zen Micro outsrips the Mini iPod in every way (as it was designed to).
Ok, so sony and creative may not be as good when it comes to marketing and style, but in terms of quility of the product, they win every time.

P.S. i know i am going to get some major flaming for writing this, but this is my view.

Signature
"Rules are there to make you think before you break them."

failure

failure

I screwed up again

I picked the "they both suck" option, because there was no "I don't really care" option :-)

i buy what fits my needs the best and seems like the best value. I don't buy "brands". I do rather dislike apple, for the reasons Jim3535 mentioned above, but I wouln't *not* buy Apple, if they really had something I was interested in. iPod? Nah. iBook? No, I run Linux, and I get a lot better value running that on x86 hardware.

Anyway. Answer for me is "neither".

**Insert witty siqnature line here.** || "Interesting anime quote" -- Cool Anime Character, Nifty Anime
Signature

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

gomen =)
i pick sony, because my computer is sony~~and I like sony mds than ipods X]
because..ipod is just too much...
and also..sony...I like the simple looks I guess..I dunno I just like sony better I always had anyways XD <<-- such a loser~~
oh and I don't own a single apple product so yeah o_O''

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

joepolo2002

joepolo2002

Ecchi Master

I've had a sony md portable, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't really any better than generic portable cd player. I bought a 3rd gen iPod 2 years ago, and HOT damn! its great. :D

I've never used a Sony Vaio desktop or laptop, so I can't say one way or the other, in comparing it against the iBook that I'm using. But, against the previous Compaq presario, or Dell Latitude laptops I've used in the past - iBook all the way.

I'm a Mac enthusist, but with good reason. After nearly ten years of using intel based machines with microsoft os systems - I just got fed up with the peecee crap offered. XP

[ecchi-club] member.
Signature
Yes, I have way too much time on my hands.

waaaaaaa I cant put my pic xD Im such a dumb ! by the way Sonny Rulz :P

Both of them are good, but their stuff is way overpriced.

Okay, here's a question, why buy a computer that MOST software won't run on?

The iPod is nice and all, but for $400 I can buy a Sony MD *which I have* and 300 MP3's. Explain this one to me, why is a mini iPod $250? 4 gigs for $250??? 20 Gigs is $299, I'm sorry but the mini needs to be cheaper, there is no way Apple can justify that price. Apple is so over priced and overrated it's not funny. I'm glad people are starting to file class action suits against Apple for their proprietary music files from iTunes, THAT CAN ONLY BE played ON AN iPOD!! Yeah, and Apple fans will be like "that's just great business" but if Microsoft embeds Windows Media Player or IE in Windows, these same people scream "That's not fair!!" . Then there is the issue of battery life in iPods, Apple deliberately designed the iPod's battery life to degrade over time, to make them "disposable". So, apparently they're just meant to be more landfill fodder. I just can't figure out how you can justify something that's half of the average wage slave's monthly income as disposable! Oh that's right, Apple targets the affluent, not the common wage slave....my bad.

Those who think an Apple can outperform a PC, yet another myth. PC's can now out perform Apple on benchmarks. The only thing Apple really has going for it, is slick marketing campaigns.

Ahhh, i dont know what is best! XD
My TV is Sony, my Comp is Apple, and more and more. Cant vote T_T

Frosty

Frosty

Quote by poiuyBoth of them are good, but their stuff is way overpriced.

couldnt agree more. ^^

Quote by skottichanOkay, here's a question, why buy a computer that MOST software won't
run on? .....

lol... thats what I told my sis when she make me folk over like $1500 + dollars to get her an ibook... XP *thats a big pain btw* XP

I personally uses a sony laptop myself and I think it rocks, but apple has this thing call a virual pc which basically makes your mac comp. runs pc stuff + its mac apps. so in a sense its the same as any pc + its user friendly and most importantly *idiot prove* ^^.

Quote by skottichanThose who think an Apple can outperform a PC, yet another myth. PC's
can now out perform Apple on benchmarks. The only thing Apple really
has going for it, is slick marketing campaigns.

The benchmarking overclocking prosessor isnt what a normal computer user cares for, who cares if your computer has a 2+, 3, or even 4 ghz prosessor if the proformence sux and its not stable when it runs your apps. XP apple if theres anything they do right is that their system is alot less buggy in their computers stuff and not to mention must software dont need that kind of overclocking speed to run it.

Apple of course can't match the pc market hands down but they are not trying to compete with pc and also either is this question. ^^ its product wise whos better sony or mac. ^^

And of course apple has that cool factor marketing thing and the large fan base going on thats sucking up more and more costumers. so I think eventually Apple will be back to the top of the market again.

Signature

someguy66

someguy66

The FlameHaze

Its all about sony over apple.

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.