Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 SF banning minors from gaming cafes - Minitokyo

SF banning minors from gaming cafes

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

San Francisco has a legislation that bans minor from gaming cafe during school hours and late nite hours. Is that a such big issue that the city has to get invovle in this rather than the current budgets defict we have since i do live in the bay area. I just don't see they need a legislation on such minor issue, they could reslove this issue by informing the parents and the community about it. What do you guys think, is it a big problem for minors playing games in cafe during those hours?

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

I think its the parents right to decide whether or not they wish their children to be out that late. Perhaps a ban during school hours, but the late night ban seem frivolous to me. The parents should have enough spine (in my opinion many do not today) to enforce the curfew they set. If they cannot, then perhaps they should not have become parents/benn a better child (how you behave during your childhood is almost always reflected in your children)? My 2 cents.

Think I spelled frivolous wrong and dictionary.com isn't working... Please forgive!

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I agree that the after hours ruling does seem a tad over the top. The children should be taught to respect their curfew. As for the school time ban, this is a good idea and should be kept.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Stolen

Stolen

*~*Burning Wings*~*

I definately think that the school hours part of the legislation could provide a bit of a lift especially if there has been a lot of truancy problems in your area - here, in england, we have policemen that patrol during the day and can give out on the spot fines to the parents of truant kids, and you may have heard a couple of mums have gone to prison for a couple of years for our persistant truancy problems.

Although this hasn't directly stopped the problem, and it seems our teenagers are getting worse, by taking away the fun things that would usually probably defer their attention from education would be a good idea - like internet cafes having a ban. Of course, we can't make shops ban minors during school hours, but if there was little place to go, they'd more likely stay with their mates in school.

I also agree with the above - a late night operation curfew does not sound so good, and yes it should be the parents that deal with this, but maybe its in the tastes of the state that to make sure there are no other problems with kids late night - I mean, obviously it depends on the area, but I know there are some areas around here I would gladly not go late at night - and they are just trying to protect their legal interests on these matters.

In one way, they may not care what really does happen, but if a law is there to be enforced, think of all the lawsuits by parents whose kids [for example] got attacked late night, who's law suits go straight into the bin because there is a law but the kids just broke it? It saves a lot of legal hassle.

Morally, it does sound a bit stupid and over the top, and should be in the parents interests to just look after their kids and to make them understand that curfews are their deliberately. But, there are always those who just don't care about their kids, there are those who just pretend they don't exist, so maybe the state has to take this into account.

Mind you, sounds better than our parents getting sent to prison over here :)

*~* Please Don't Leave - Believe Me *~*

fuzzmegabass

fuzzmegabass

Code Ninja

Well as far as the banning of minors from the gaming cafes during school hours, that's kinda obvious (why aren't you in school little timmy?). And for the late night part, I could understand that too.

Signature Image

Yeah but it's not really the government's job to make sure them children are sitting behind their desks when it's time to. What about restaurants, malls and other places children who skip school go to? Are they going to impose daytime bans on those places too?

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Our laws are changing so much these days. The worst case scenario is that if the children are banned from the gaming cafes during school hours and night hours, the amount of crime in San Francisco may increase, thus leading to an even bigger problem. At least, if the minors are playing the games, they keep themselves occupied and free of trouble.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

While I do think it's more of the parents' issue to deal with, I find one thing ammusing. If there's a problem with money (mentioned at top), and these kids are doing this enough to warrent attention, then wouldn't that be stopping a major source of income? Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno.

I see where they're coming from on the bans though. During school, you should be in school, but again, what about days off? After hours, a lot of older gamers in there, playing games that have been deemed 'too old' for the kiddies, so I understand that one too.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

HamsterJohn

HamsterJohn

Defender of ur Mom

This is the kinda crap that happens when u get too liberal; the gov't just loves to stick its nose into everything. Seriously, this should be up to the parents, not the gov't. Stupid liberals/democrats think every problem should be solved by making a new law, when little issues such as this can (and should) be settled simply at home. I'm glad my tax dollars aren't going anywhere near San Fran.

000011111 11110000111 000111 111 111 !!!!oneone one

Stop wasting the internet!

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Hey I agree with most of you, that this shouldn't be a public issue, the government really shouldn't take care of other people's kids.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

shhho

shhz!

this kinda rules are enforced in my country years ago.. students aged 16 and below are not a lot to go to amusement arcardes and lan shops during sch hours.. esp wearing uniforms.. haha i got caught by the police once when i was 13 lol!!! im 19 now.. no more uniform woot! XP

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

hmmm... in my country.. well its small yeh..
some of the gaming cafes do not allow students to play during school hours.. they kinda look by the age, and also if you're wearing school uniforms.. if you're wearing school uniforms some let you play but then would secretly inform the school.. theres not a law about it but most cafes handle the cases very well and kinda help in contacting schools and parents too
so to me I feel the law is not really necessary.. or ok in my country since its so small..

but in SF.. its probably too big to get every cafe and places to cooperate so a law might be better.. for late night hours I think its kinda unnecessary unless its only for the days before school.. something like sunday,monday to thursday
education should be treated quite importantly and highly, as it is in my country.. so I have to say this act is good

still to say.. some laws unless set you don't really know how the people are going to react..

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.