Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 grayscale images - Minitokyo

grayscale images

page 1 of 1 7 total items

shinotenshi

shinotenshi

Levi Ackerman

why are grayscale images "defenitely not good for wallpapers"? i have seen some beautiful grayscale walls before, and i'm not entirely amused by this kind of rule; it limits how i can express myself, and well, black and white grayscale is one of my favorite pallets.

Signature
Look at all these big ass trees.

While i know we can't have grey scale scans (i understand the reasons why this is) I'm wondering if we can submit greyscale walls?

~ Save Bandwidth! Use a text siggy instead!

My Latest Walls:

Ethereal Summoner ~ Yuna & Valefor
Sunshine Girl //make you happy?

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

It's perfectly fine if you want to make wallpapers with grayscale images. Have fun. What's not allowed is submitting grayscale scans, as they are almost uniformly unusable. ^^

shinotenshi

shinotenshi

Levi Ackerman

Quote by biriwilgIt's perfectly fine if you want to make wallpapers with grayscale images. Have fun. What's not allowed is submitting grayscale scans, as they are almost uniformly unusable. ^^

why are the scans unusable if that's what i want to make walls from? and they aren't techinically grayscale scans - i save them in RGB mode. so the color information is still there.

Signature

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

Saving something in RGB to give it colour information, even if it's black and white is a plain cop-out really. You may use them for your walls, but truthfully, no one wants to look at a plain black and white image unless you really do something amazing with it. Not only that, but I think the only wall style that will go with it is grunge.. And I truthfully wouldn't trust most of the MT members to make a quality grunge wall, no offence to them of course. However, grunge is more than just noise and darkness.

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

In my opinion, accepting grayscale scans opens up a whole other ball of problems. I like grayscale images, heck I put them on APA, but we dont have the ability to clearly define a decent grayscale scan and one that is unacceptable. Because it is so difficult to do (i.e. do we accept bw sketches? some sketches are great, some are unusable. What about heavily shaded? Lots of artifacts, but beautiful, etc) we just dont allow them altogether.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

shinotenshi

shinotenshi

Levi Ackerman

oh, i see. well, thanks for answering the question - i just never knew it was that much more troubling to have to sort through them.

Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.