Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is Batman the most Overachieving superhero? - Minitokyo

Is Batman the most Overachieving superhero?

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Well, I just have this interesting conversation with a stranger on a bus stop on Justice League today. Strange enough. :) We talked about evey character we knew from Justice League, and I thought Batman was the most overachieving in the league since he doesn't have any super power, he pretty much have to depend on technology and his mind to make up the difference in his ability compare to others such as Superman and Wonderwoman.

Now I am not saying that makes Batman less of a hero, I thought it was interesting that he is the only superhero in the League that doesn't have any power and still be consider the top dogs in the league. I found there are threads compare superhero in the forum, but none actually talk about one superhero individually. So what do you guys think, is Batman an overachiever?

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Batman relies on his gear, and not his strength.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Larghaz

-~Broken Insanity~-

He also has his intelligence which he uses to find a way to beat any foe. He uses psychology and he analyzes his enemy and the surroundings to learn how to take them down. Not to mention, he knows martial arts. XD

[The lack of confidence is the downfall of some. But overconfidence is the downfall of many.]

Batman, an overachiever? Hmm. He certainly is driven by dark emotions and has a truly conflicted personality. But an overachiever is someone who does more than necessary to reach a goal; Batman has to work pretty damn hard to do what he does, hardware or no. I like Spiderman, my fave childhood superhero was Iron Man, but I *respect* Batman.

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Quote by miketoBatman, an overachiever? Hmm. He certainly is driven by dark emotions
and has a truly conflicted personality. But an overachiever is someone
who does more than necessary to reach a goal; Batman has to work pretty
damn hard to do what he does, hardware or no. I like Spiderman, my fave
childhood superhero was Iron Man, but I *respect* Batman.

I guess you are more a Marvel fan than a DC fan. Iron man is cool, but he relies his body suit too much though, well the fact that he needed it to live has something to do with it. One thing I don't like is that Iron man got lousy villian to deal with, can you even name one. :)

Signature

Yeah, never was much of a DC reader. Don't know why.

I think Tony Stark had to fight "Magnet Man" or some such. :D

Nope, can't name a single villain. Then again, that was thirty years ago I was reading the comic. Now I read "graphic novels" like Watchmen, Sandman, The Dark Knight Returns, and so forth.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by melmachine18Batman relies on his gear, and not his strength.

Yeah, but even though he's a millionaire, he had quick wits and he had outsmarted his opponents before. Thus that makes a big difference indeed.

He's like the only guy without supernatural powers, but he's not really an over-achiever in my books, compared to others.

In comparison to other human beings though, only, he sure would be one of them - but with the Justice League, his achievements is only limited, really, like any other human being compared to a superhero.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Quote by miketoNow I read "graphic novels" like Watchmen,
Sandman, The Dark Knight Returns, and so forth.

Hey miketo, you got pretty good taste, my friend have try to introduce me to The Dark Knight Returns and Sandman, they are interesting change of pace, but I guess it will take me sometime to dump my childhood passion for new ones. By the way, isn't Sandman a DC creation?

Quote by CelessaYeah, but even though he's a millionaire, he had quick
wits and he had outsmarted his opponents before. Thus that makes a big
difference indeed.
He's like the only guy without supernatural powers, but he's not really
an over-achiever in my books, compared to others.
In comparison to other human beings though, only, he sure would be one
of them - but with the Justice League, his achievements is only
limited, really, like any other human being compared to a superhero.

Yeah, but Batman is by far the coolest looking character in the league, a lot of people know who batman is, but I doubted it if there is enough people that knows other members of the League with better powers than Batman.

Signature

Batman is one of my all-time fav superheroes. He can fight a bad guy and lose, but figure something out and kick his ass the next time they encounter. And the fact that he has no superpowers makes his achievements even cooler.
Btw, Iron Man was created as a counterpart to Batman. It was Marvel's way of saying "we can create a Batman too". I like marvel better in almost every aspect, but Batman is def. one the coolest chars ever created

Be Free and Masturbate

Quote by dutchforceBatman ... can fight a bad guy and lose, but figure something out and kick his ass the next time they encounter. And the fact that he has no superpowers makes his achievements even cooler.

Ahh~ hit the nail on the head there. :) I love the guy for his brains, perception, and the fact that he is, fundametally, human (in that respect, yes. he overachieved. :nya: but who can fault him for having the will to rise above human mediocrity [or mediocre humanity..]?).

And of course that grey/black outfit is just damned cool. XD You'd never see Superman (or 'most any other 'true'-hero character - you know, as opposed to badass-hero) wearing such slimming colours, heh.

poolshark

poolshark

Kurushio

Anyone read Kingdom Come?Its a graphic novel where it illustrates the cunning of Batman..like bucket-shot above me says,his brains,perception, and foresight make him just as much of a superhero as the rest of the Justice League,just maybe not in physical terms.Plus,the whole "Dark Knight" aspect of him is so poignant.

Also,you gotta love how the Batman and Superman argue over nearly everything..^_^

Murder is my daily bread.
-Kirika Yumura

Divinelight

Let's be friends!!

yeah, batman is not a superhero, he is just a normal guy with many gadgets to use...

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

i think batman qualifies as a hero, not a superhero, because he doesn't have any superpowers.

unless you count unlimited money as a superpower.

which makes him cooler.

---I'm going to live forever. so far, so good.---

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.