Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ever Been To The Arcade? - Minitokyo

Ever Been To The Arcade?

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

Sweet-angel

Sweet-angel

Kpop & Jpop Fanatic

I got to the arcade once in a while but I mostly go in summer time. I play all the easy games... Im not good a DDR.

Signature Image
Thanks to einna for Sig and Avatar.
[Hispanime]

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by VetusOh! What an interesting thread, Celessa-kun! I'm an arcade nostalge, so
every summer I was always pay a visit with a friend of mine at a little
arcade store which is near our house we have at the countryside for our
summer holidays. The late '80s and the early '90s was the golden season
for arcade at Greece. Nowadays, everyone owns a videogame console or a
PC, so it's a waste of time and time for most of them to go to the
arcade store, which the most of them have been closed. Only the
hardcore gamers go at these places to play first the latest fighting
game before it will be released at consoles.
Personally, arcade is an idea way of entertainment for the summer. The
last 3-4 years there was a stupit law at Greece which was prohibited
arcade games. It's a big story and it's better to ask another greek to
tell you details - my english aren't so good to explain it. Now they
are allowed. If I would ever pay a visit again at an arcade store I
would definitely play only these kind of arcade games that you cannot
play them at the same way at a videogame console or they don't exist:
DDR, Samba De Amigo and other games that uses a special gadget to play
with like a funny hammer game I saw at the 40th episode of CCS:
http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2810/hammer1mu.th.jpg
http://img177.exs.cx/img177/6290/hammeragain4nk.th.jpg
http://img177.exs.cx/img177/7461/hammertoo6wr.th.jpg
As about light gun games and fightings? They cost a lots of money to
enjoy them a lot at the arcade, but at the console you can play them
again and again without spending a single coin. Hail to G-Con 2, the
ultimate light gun gadget for PS2!!!
For me, the 50% of the fun is playing them with your friends. Arcade
kakkoii!!!

lol I can see your point - and nothing like that can ever be replaced indeed.

Quote by ex-paranoiaDance Dance Revolution Mania!!!
I used to be so into this game, so I had built myself a pad... never
got to making a second one to practice my doubles, but didn't need it~
The arcade was good enough. However I was disapointed in the long run,
since Konami didn't release any worthy songs.
http://hockeynet.hypermart.net/My%20Pad.jpg

NO way!!!!! Okay - wow - insanity indeed!

Z'OMG

let's see if I can muster some pics. I got off the photos I took from Japan, and submitted it to the official Japanese DDR website there.

Here we go. These are the official shoots from somebody else who took these pics. of this machine for this site. Don't have mine up and ready yet, however.

My Master DDR pad.

http://img164.exs.cx/img164/2790/mateldancetx200030hj.jpg

Shot up close.

http://img164.exs.cx/img164/3194/mateldancetx200052rn.jpg

Worth to me: $95 US. ROFL - good times!

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

triofpwr

triofpwr

the dr.d of pain

i love to go to arcades but sometimes the malls can rip you off unless their like quarter machines not all this credit stuff, like the santa cruz beach boardwalk they have a really good arcade, but i go mostly to the bowling alley to play ddr or go to nickle nickle where games you pay in nickles, or james games which is really good because the people there are nice plus it's a secret location that not that many people know about. well ya i love arcades and there need be better ones not like gameworks*arcade at the ontario mills* where everything is expensive.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ex-paranoia

pWn3d by Expy

Quote by Celessa

Quote by VetusOh! What an interesting thread, Celessa-kun! I'm an arcade
nostalge, so
every summer I was always pay a visit with a friend of mine at a little
arcade store which is near our house we have at the countryside for our
summer holidays. The late '80s and the early '90s was the golden season
for arcade at Greece. Nowadays, everyone owns a videogame console or a
PC, so it's a waste of time and time for most of them to go to the
arcade store, which the most of them have been closed. Only the
hardcore gamers go at these places to play first the latest fighting
game before it will be released at consoles.
Personally, arcade is an idea way of entertainment for the summer. The
last 3-4 years there was a stupit law at Greece which was prohibited
arcade games. It's a big story and it's better to ask another greek to
tell you details - my english aren't so good to explain it. Now they
are allowed. If I would ever pay a visit again at an arcade store I
would definitely play only these kind of arcade games that you cannot
play them at the same way at a videogame console or they don't exist:
DDR, Samba De Amigo and other games that uses a special gadget to play
with like a funny hammer game I saw at the 40th episode of CCS:
http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2810/hammer1mu.th.jpg
http://img177.exs.cx/img177/6290/hammeragain4nk.th.jpg
http://img177.exs.cx/img177/7461/hammertoo6wr.th.jpg
As about light gun games and fightings? They cost a lots of money to
enjoy them a lot at the arcade, but at the console you can play them
again and again without spending a single coin. Hail to G-Con 2, the
ultimate light gun gadget for PS2!!!
For me, the 50% of the fun is playing them with your friends. Arcade
kakkoii!!!

lol I can see your point - and nothing like that can
ever be replaced indeed.

Quote by ex-paranoiaDance Dance Revolution Mania!!!
I used to be so into this game, so I had built myself a pad... never
got to making a second one to practice my doubles, but didn't need it~
The arcade was good enough. However I was disapointed in the long run,
since Konami didn't release any worthy songs.
http://hockeynet.hypermart.net/My%20Pad.jpg

NO
way!!!!! Okay - wow - insanity indeed!
Z'OMG
let's see if I can muster some pics. I got off the photos I took from
Japan, and submitted it to the official Japanese DDR website there.
Here we go. These are the official shoots from somebody else who took
these pics. of this machine for this site. Don't have mine up and ready
yet, however.
My Master DDR pad.
http://img164.exs.cx/img164/2790/mateldancetx200030hj.jpg
Shot up close.
http://img164.exs.cx/img164/3194/mateldancetx200052rn.jpg
Worth to me: $95 US. ROFL - good times!

Nice~ It cost me around 150$cad to make. It's really sturdy, my 350lbs uncle went on it, and it didn't budge! It's been working perfectly ever since, haven't had any problems with it, kind looks a bit rusty, I have to brass it up... Give it a new shine~

Good luck on your prokect ;), looks real nice :)

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Time Crisis 2 - such an old classic - along with Marvel Versus Capcom 2 - now you can play them on the console that they don't become fun anymore. That's true - lol

And in any case, I do have an official Time Crisis 3 gun in my drawer somewhere. Wish I could put out a pic. but I have no digital camera with me now. *_*

Posh indeed.

Anyways, I just found some pictures of what the Midway looks like. I'm sure many of you have been to the falls before here.

http://img174.exs.cx/img174/7985/greatcanadianmidway40ah.jpg

That's the Great Canadian Midway me and my friends go to all the time here.

We also have a drum mania set here for the original PS and PS2.

It's really crazy to play nowadays. lol - The Fifth version especially for Beatmania as well.

http://img174.exs.cx/img174/1396/drumking27rt.jpg

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

ex-paranoia

pWn3d by Expy

Nice~ However nothing can beat the real thing! My cousin purchased a Drummania 3rd arcade... LOL He's crazy~

i go almost everyday though its almost always alone but i dont care much since all i do is dance at the pump it up (here in mexico ddr isnt as popular) and sometimes i participate in tournaments although i always loose haha its a good experience anyway and you make good friends

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Mmmm,almost all the time(well sometimes i dont feel proud of it) i hang out with my friends and i play Pump It Up or sometimes DDR.

K I R A B O S H I !

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Anyone played Initial D racing game in the arcade, those are fun racing against a buddy. You guys should really tried Puzzle Fighter, those games are addicting.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

lol - that is very crazy indeed - wonder how much money that guy would really spend nowadays. O_o

As for me, I play DDR because its like my life - a whole lot. Been a fan for ages indeed.
The Canadian borders are always with Japanese tourists who takes pictures of us dancing and all.

Some even think its called "break-dancing." I can't breakdance, I don't know how to. I just have a wild dancing technique - whatever the heck that is. It might look like it, its much faster, but I don't know what to classify it as. Sometimes I consider myself lost when I play to DDR - the steps are incredibly rapid for a 9-footer like Ayla and my feet somehow magically do the work for me. Okay - I control my feet, but not like that O_o - took years to get used to it, actually.

As for Beatmania, I wish I was good with my hands - but they aren't as well synchronized as my feet really are here. lolis

Signature

I'm sometimes at the arcade, playing Street Fighter most of the time.

Be Free and Masturbate

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I used to hang out with some friends at an arcade, never do any more though. 'Sides, the last time I was at an arcade, I looked like a moron trying to play DDR. I'll stick with the lightgun and racing games thanx!

HTML Coding Hates Me...

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

I used to remember when we played Crazy Taxi and the Jurrasic Park game - I really loathe that sort of stuff - lol

We also did have a bowling alley down by the pool area, and it costs about a dollar-fifty to play, which was crazy, but it was a cool bowling alley where there's no such thing as gutter balls most of the time, even. Both ends were filled with sponge pretty much, so if you totally threw the ball at the side, it ricocheted off the padding and slowly sloped down towards the bowling alley. Then we just keep receiving more bowling balls, so we all chucked them down like 5 at a row. ROFL - crazy funness indeed.

Quote by MordinAnyone played Initial D racing game in the arcade, those are fun racing
against a buddy. You guys should really tried Puzzle Fighter, those
games are addicting.

Never actually heard of it, Mordin. Hmm... seems interesting indeed. I was stuck with the Bust-A-Move game from time to time - though the music gets annoying X_x

Quote by ultimashowerI used to hang out with some friends at an arcade, never do any more
though. 'Sides, the last time I was at an arcade, I looked like a moron
trying to play DDR. I'll stick with the lightgun and racing games thanx!

Don't worry, sometimes we sit back and relax and just watch the other people play DDR. Some don't even know how to step on an arrow at all, and my friends were all layghing like mad.

I was like - Guys, that was rude!

But still, they were laughing like real hard, saying it's fun how those guys really humiliate themselves.

Of course, when I was up there, I humiliated them - Ha, take that! Then they'll be like - you're a girl, your light, so that's why you can dance so well.

I need to smack their heads - they've been beaten by a girl, Shame indeed - no excuses. lol

Signature

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

My excuse was "I'm an athlete... gimme a puck/ball and a goal!" lol!

HTML Coding Hates Me...

arkive

arkive

drifto touge all day...

i remember going to the mall and getting on street fighter if u wanted to challange u put ur quarter on the start button...and waited ur turn that was tight there was always a big crowd and i would kick ass but i gots a bad temper and when i would loose i would tell kids "you owe me a quarter! "he he he it was fun.....

Kwadjo

zionist

Yeah man, any video game junky. Is in heaven at an arcade. Though I feel Iv'e grown out of them, I still through down a mad nasty old school game of Street Fighter.

Signature

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

heh yeah sometimes i usually go to the arcades. I usually play the gun games like Time Crisis 3 or Virtua Cop 3, for racing i play Initial D but when i feel out of it i play a good old game of Capcom vs Snk 2 or Guilty Gear XX. XD

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I been to a few Arcades ^^' a place call Dream Machine, Good Times, Salem Willow, and a few others. ( I happen to be a game freak for your information ^_^' ) I play mostly fighting games like MvC2 , KoF series, Tekken series and whatever fighter anyone wants to play me in. I use to love winning in the Arcade. People is like... "who is this guy? Dam! he kill you! Not perfect?" ( good times, good times ) You get alot of respect when they is a line of quarters and you're the one that's not moving out cause you're winning. I play DDR if I can but those freaks that live on the pad won't give me a chance. And when I do go up... they would most of the time mirror you ( I hate that, sometimes when I don't know the person ) I play alot off shooter too. Love the Time Crisis series ^^ not much of a racer in the Arcades but I better at home. Anyway, just lately... I have not met anyone that's a s good as me like I would before in places like this. I hope Arcades in the future would not just be stories you hear from you're grandfather or something.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by ultimashowerMy excuse was "I'm an athlete... gimme a puck/ball and a goal!" lol!

ROFL - good excuse indeed. If somebody trips, they point to the others and say that they jinxed them in the arcade room.

I just laugh from their lack of dancing and call them the n00bs of DDR. lol

Signature

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

I used to frequent them when I was in junior high (year 1995 and 1996). Those games like Daytona, Outrunners, Time Crisis and Virtua Cop were really addictive and burned a huge hole in my pocket.

Hehe,in my city there's not so many arcade.-_-

Try to be cool but..... Try to be easy but..... So I still do myself !!!

up here in alaska we had one arcade called Space Station it was the best I always palyed super puzzel fighter 2 turbo KoF 97 then 98 when it came out then 99 and x-men vs street fighter and then there was Marvel vs Capcom and then the 2nd one of that and tekken tag and tekken 4 but then it closed down cause of a shooting and now theres just arcades at the malls....but I miss Space Station i went there alot with my friends over like two years if they were still open I know i would be playing tekken 5 and KoF 2000 ,01,02,and 03 and SNKvsCapcom 2....all I know is that they would still be geting my money :)

"A loveless life is a living death."
"EyEs iN My TeEtH I Can'T sEE CaUsE i'M EaTInG"
"And All The Fears You Hold So Dear,Will Turn To Whisper In Your Ear..."

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

Yeah i like arcades ^^ i can show off....kekeke..

usually i play rock fever (a chinese DJ game) or para para paradise (freestyle of course XD), percussion freaks or this...weird...hand movement game ^^

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Quote by CelessaAnd we just have a new karaoke game out where you have to test your voice to fine-tune with the music they play out loud. Let's just say - I'm never going to sing in front of the public. Too embarrassing indeed - lol

^^ u should try it it's fun XD
Add a bit of alchohol into it and u got a bunch of crazy people XD

We have that kinda game in ps2 here ^^ kinda funny though^^ u can hear people squelling XD, BUt it's a good fun. ^_^

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.