Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ever Been To The Arcade? - Minitokyo

Ever Been To The Arcade?

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

ex-paranoia

pWn3d by Expy

Quote by Celessalol - that is very crazy indeed - wonder how much money that guy would
really spend nowadays. O_o
As for me, I play DDR because its like my life - a whole lot. Been a
fan for ages indeed.
The Canadian borders are always with Japanese tourists who takes
pictures of us dancing and all.
Some even think its called "break-dancing." I can't breakdance, I don't
know how to. I just have a wild dancing technique - whatever the heck
that is. It might look like it, its much faster, but I don't know what
to classify it as. Sometimes I consider myself lost when I play to ddr
- the steps are incredibly rapid for a 9-footer like Ayla and my feet
somehow magically do the work for me. Okay - I control my feet, but not
like that O_o - took years to get used to it, actually.
As for Beatmania, I wish I was good with my hands - but they aren't as
well synchronized as my feet really are here. lolis

It's not breakdancing, but you can easily pull off some moves on the dance pads, that will look similar to the windmill for exampel,e but a variation. Since the pad is only 33"x33"... More flexible when playing doubles though :) Then you can perform flips.

Norimune

Norimune

Prince of Winter

I love pistol games, and that new dancing game called "pump it up", thaey are the only reason for me going to the arcades... :)

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici." By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

yikes !!! I like arcades!!!! ^^ darn....the nNetherlands sux>_< ..... too little arcades here.....I onlygo tothe arcadewhen I got time.....usuallyon friday =) then....play...DDR ^^.......but...it's just the euromix 2 --__--".....they don't have the extreme here in my town >_<....well....and sometimes just play time crisis...but I'mbad xD....the racing games here sux too-_-".........darn I wan a better arcade T_T

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

I love arcades! I go to them far too often. Usually there's a DDR battle, then the Taiko game, followed by print club pictures. Fighter games also rock!

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

ZeroMartin

ZeroMartin

No Life King

well i would love to just hang out at an arcade all day...but its hard when you live in a small town and anything good is a decent enough drive away...in any direction. but when i go to visit and theirs an arcade...its damned sure that i will visit, BUT! i will only play one game....of course Dance Dance Revolution...why waste a dollar on anything else....well unless theres Virtual-On...but thats a harder to find game...but its still mostly DDR.

.::Zero Martin::.

when i was little i really played a lot in the arcades... but as i grew older i didnt go there as often.. i reeally suck when playing fighting games in the arcade (dunno how come since im pretty good at in on my PS2) so i stick with shooter games nowadays...

It saddens me to see arcades phasing out after all these years. I used to go to them frequently...

-Never love anything, for it will be taken away-
-Death is not the end of life, contrarily it is the beginning of it-
-I do not care so much that they respect me, only that they fear me-
-Happily-ever-after is a lie-

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

i love going to the arcade but i only do it once in awhile. the mall by my house doesnt have one so whenever im out with my friend at her mall, we always have to try ddr ^_^ then there's the arcades when i go on vacation in vegas (since i'm not old enough to gamble yet, 6 more months!) those are fun

I love going to the arcade! but unfortunately there are none close to my home. Usually when I go to the coast or to any big city is when i get to play.

Signature Image

* : )

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

lol.. in where I live theres really only one good arcade place... and its in downtown so theres no parking and its a really expensive place *its a sony threater and game centre* lol... XP and lol.. with game system like playstation and xbox, why go to an arcade. XD

Signature

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

If you find an Arcade "hall" remaining still in Greece come and tell me.
Those fools that want to be called politicians have banned all Arcades because, they say, they can be used for gambling.
Someone please shoot them, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!!

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

Vetus

Vetus

Lonely Rolling Star

Quote by NighteyesIf you find an Arcade "hall" remaining still in Greece come and tell me.
Those fools that want to be called politicians have banned all Arcades because, they say, they can be used for gambling.
Someone please shoot them, FOR crying OUT LOUD &gt;=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!!

I choose a shotgun. What weapon do you choose? Let's kill some dorks!!! Gia ta arcade, re gamwto!!!

What is "normal", anyway? If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.

I don't usually go to the arcade but...
I do love the DDR! I'm not that good at it (a "novice" at heavy) but it's cool watching other ppl do crazy stuff. Gezz, some ppl can chain hella insane combos. @_@

i used to be an arcade freak way back in the 90s, i was spending about $20 dollars in tokens a day, that during the street fighter II days when arcades were always packed, and everyone had their tokens lined up on machines,
nowadays arcades (atleast near me anyway) are almost always empty, with maybe 3-5 people in it playing DDR,
plus some games are just expensive in arcades, they used to be just a token or two, but now some are $1.00 to $2.00.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by ex-paranoia

Quote by Celessalol - that is very crazy indeed - wonder how much money
that guy would
really spend nowadays. O_o
As for me, I play DDR because its like my life - a whole lot. Been a
fan for ages indeed.
The Canadian borders are always with Japanese tourists who takes
pictures of us dancing and all.
Some even think its called "break-dancing." I can't breakdance, I don't
know how to. I just have a wild dancing technique - whatever the heck
that is. It might look like it, its much faster, but I don't know what
to classify it as. Sometimes I consider myself lost when I play to ddr
- the steps are incredibly rapid for a 9-footer like Ayla and my feet
somehow magically do the work for me. Okay - I control my feet, but not
like that O_o - took years to get used to it, actually.
As for Beatmania, I wish I was good with my hands - but they aren't as
well synchronized as my feet really are here. lolis

It's not breakdancing, but you can easily pull off some moves on the
dance pads, that will look similar to the windmill for exampel,e but a
variation. Since the pad is only 33"x33"... More flexible when playing
doubles though :) Then you can perform flips.

lol - not to mention, I did try the Matrix at one point. The matrix is tough to do - because one slip and you'll end up hurting yourself.

I only dared to do a freestyle matrix one time ever in my life. I did very well for my first try, and my friends were impressed, but I stated I would never do it again - lol - too thrilling and of a rush. As for step dances, I can dance 2x and Sudden mode very well - especially on 7 footers. I visualize and boom - there I go - lolis - you'd be surprised.

As to the dance steps, the 1 / 32 steps are normally the toughest when the songs go offbeat. Unless you know your songs very well, you will have a hard time to perform it freestyle. They're harder than they actually are - I'll have to admit - but players like me make it look too easy though - posh, a 235 bpm 9-foot 1 /32th step isn't that hard - but when chained together can be a pretty daunting task if you believe me - lol. That's why I get so used to the fast pace beats and the high-rushing songs. Practice makes perfect.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

SealedSorrow

SealedSorrow

Happiness

I use to go to the arcade everytime we go out for lunch with alot of friends. Use to love playing King of Fighters ^_^ The adults all picked on me and all tried to get me off... but I was just too good.

Wont you let me see what Real Happiness Trully is...
Because if this is Happiness then I want more...
I know its selfish...
But have you ever felt so much Pain...
When will you understand that the why sun dont shine through my window...
And when will you understand that I am not really what I seem...
And When will you understand I been Wishing for you to be Happy Forever...

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

King of Fighters was always a grand game around our area. Those kind of games were the best - and we always get huge line ups there - the winner gets to stay on and the loser has his turn over - pretty much.

There was this one guy who was so good - he like nearly wiped out half of the line as I could tell. He wasn't cheap by the looks of it, and we watched in aw as he made some of the craziest combo counters anyone could ever take their eyes up and look onto.

He was just simply amazing with the trio there - King, Kyo, and Kim Kaphwan - that guy was an utter pro at his finest indeed.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention i love playing Time Crisis 2 (yes, 2 ONLY)

i use one token and reached the final boss in the end of Part 3...then die T__T

Its always like that!!! >_<
cant seem to completed with one token >_<

yeh i used hang around the arcade alot
but have grown out of it
used to meet alot of people there
but now that they're all 18 we chill out at pubs and nightclubs

Signature

"I think I want to be forgiven..... Yeah, I want to be forgiven"
Cloud Strife - Final Fantasy Advent Children

where i'm from arcades are a way of life there are alot of competitions and "fights" to see who is the king of games but unless there is a good king of fighters player or samurai showdown fighter there is no contest i'll kick your @ss!!! ;)

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

I'm not sure if its an arcade per se, but i've been to Playdium a couple times for birthday parties. I havn't been to an arcade recently though, i should go :pacman: I don't remember what games i like/play exactly, but fighter and sports game are fun. I have yet to try ddr..... *runs away from DDR fanatics* I find arcades in general expensive though, at Playdium you either pay for a number of tokens or for a number of hours - either way it puts a deep whole in your wallet T_T

I'm into arcades I go there often but i end up wasting too much of my hard earned money there so i've been cutting back on going to Arcades lately XD But an arcade is located like down the block to me in a mall called Festival Bay so i go there or to the other side of the street where Millenia mall is or i'll go to the Florida mall (yes there are many malls around here) XP

Signature

kuclo

kuclo

My broken wings

yes i did long time ago,since when i was a child the arcades were very popular,in mexico almost in every place in every store there is an arcade,the most popular game in those things are the king of fighter but before this great game was street fighter,so in i couple of i going with some friends just 1 or 2 hours but not everyday well even if i have all systems the arcades are special

Tienes el valor?o te vale
Signature
Remember minitokyo is just not another site ,it's a home ,enjoy being be member of this family

darkzlevin

darkzlevin

Are We Who We Seem?

hehhhee arcades ah... we dont have a lot of arcades here in Perth (coff australia if no one knows where it is) just the occasional small timezone here and there. we visit it once in a while but there isn't alot of choices in terms of the games they have there =( ah well..

SUPPORT MINITOKYO BY JOINING THEIR MIRC CHANNEL
#minitokyo @ irc.rizon.net

Signature

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.