Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Eon's brain busting riddles - Minitokyo

Eon's brain busting riddles

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

CTEon

CTEon

.:Holy Devil:.

Well I saw there was so many threads with one riddle per thread so I thought there should be a thread where people can gather and solve riddles or post new riddles...and if it gets popular enough we might have a game with members and those who gets 10 points win or something...since I guess I made this thread I'll start with 5 riddles of various difficulties...plz put the riddle number you are solving so it won't be confusing though ok? x_x

#1 Difficulty Easy
- A petshop owner had a parrot with a sign on its cage that said "Parrot repeats everything it hears". Davey bought the parrot and for two weeks he spoke to it and it didn't say a word. He returned the parrot but the shopkeeper said he never lied about the parrot. How can this be?

#2 Difficulty Hard
- You are in a room that is completly bricked in on all four sides, including the cieling and floor. You have nothing but a mirror and a wooden table in the room with you. How do you get out?

#3 Difficulty Easy
- What is it that when you take away the whole, you still have some left over?

#4 Difficulty Normal
- Debbie promised to take her daughter Becky shopping on the day before the fourth day after the day after tomorrow. If today is Sunday the 3rd. On what day and date will Becky take Debbie shopping?

#5 Difficulty Easy
- I have keys that open no locks,
I have space, but there is no room,
You can enter, but you can't go in.
What am I?

Oh just remember...just because I opened the thread doesn't mean no one can post riddles...feel free to post your riddles here too but those with answers plz make sure you address which riddle you're replying to XP...oh and I won't be around often for a few days (I know...bad time to start a thread)...so I apologise if I come back late with answers x_x

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

Larghaz

-~Broken Insanity~-

1. The parrot is deaf

2. No Idea

3. Ditto

4. None, It's Debbie who will take Becky shopping. xd

5. A piano?

[The lack of confidence is the downfall of some. But overconfidence is the downfall of many.]

CTEon

CTEon

oh fiiine...answer most of them so quickly xp...and #5 was right I guess...it was supposed to be keyboard but it works all the same e.e

#6 Difficulty hard
- What other letter fits in the following series:
B C D E I K O x?

#7 Difficulty hard
1 1
2 1
1 2 1 1
1 1 1 2 2 1
? (what comes here?)

#8 Difficulty medium
- What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?

#9 Difficulty Easy
- What is greater than god,
More evil than the devil,
The rich need it,
The poor have it,
And if you eat it you'll die?

#10 Difficulty Easy
- Four men were in a boat on the lake. The boat turns over, and all four men sink to the bottom of the lake, yet not a single man got wet! Why?

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

7 - 312211
8 - m
9 - nothing
10 - they were in a submarine?

CTEon

CTEon

where's number 6 and number 10 is wrong

#11 D: Normal
- A bus driver was heading down a street in Colorado. He went right past a stop sign without stopping, he turned left where there was a "no left turn" sign, and he went the wrong way on a one-way street. Then he went on the left side of the road past a cop car. Still - he didn't break any traffic laws. Why not?

#12 D: Normal
- A man kills his wife. Many people watch him doing so. yet he did no crime and he's still walking around now e.e...why?

#13 D: normal
There was a green house.
Inside the green house there was a white house
Inside the white house there was a red house.
Inside the red house there were lots of babies.

What is it?
Yet no one will ever be able to accuse him of murder. Why?

Amaranth

Amaranth

<iDlE>

I'm bad at riddles...but...I try ^^
10....erm...they were in those wet suite thingies?
11 eh...do they drive opposite ways or something there?...cuz I don't remember if it's europe or hongkong...that they drive on the left instead of the right...I duno^^;;;;
12...could it be that his wife's a dog o___o I noe it sound weird...but I heard you could get married to you dog somewhere before...if you feel that they're your true soul mate...or something like that...but that was years ago...
13.....i don't even get the riddle XD

yea...bad answers ...but I tried^^;;;;

lol! I love your answers Amaranth =D

10 - they were married ^^
11 - The bus driver was walking.
12 - He was in a movie?
13 - uh...a white flower with red center in a greenhouse? lol, I'm almost certain I'm wrong ^^;

WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

~Title eh?~ *evil*

Riddles! I like riddles!
6-H
11-He was walking
12-He was a hangman and she was sentenced to death.
13-A watermelon

Oh wow, good job WearyWanderer ^^ Wouldn't have thought of a watermelon :D
Do you have any you'd like to share? =]

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

LOL I dunno the answer to any of yours, but I have one.

The person who builds it doesn't want it, the person who wants (or buys) it doesn't use it, and the person who uses it never sees it. What is it?

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Ooo, interesting one ^^
i remember this one, but don't remember again ^_^'

I'll add one too:
Though liquid in nature, don't push me too far; for then I will break, and the damage may scar. What am I?

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

2- you put the table ablaze, and the bricks don't like heat i think, so it crumbles.... problem is where'd you get those matches?? and the mirror is no use in a dark room :hmpf:

10 - the lake was dry........ or well the thing is there's always air imprisoned in the boat, so they stay in that air, and don't get wet

angelkate : a coffin?? because well the guy don't want it (because it's for dead ppl), the one who buys it doesn't use it cause it's for a dead relative, and the one who uses it is dead XP

taffy : nice rhyme......... well i don't think glass is liquid in nature?? but a liquid that breaks?? maybe water when it's ice, and it cuts??

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Quote by Anjhurin
angelkate : a coffin?? because well the guy don't want it (because it's
for dead ppl), the one who buys it doesn't use it cause it's for a dead
relative, and the one who uses it is dead XP

Yes!!! No one has ever gotten it before. :) Nice job!

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

angelkate your's was really hard but some people choose their coffins before they die.
don't know taffystar's is it water?
I just read CTEon's #3 and realized. is it the word wholesome

try this one:
what is broken when you speak

the meaning of life is [drumrollll]........................2?

Larghaz

-~Broken Insanity~-

Quote by serendipitythis one:
what is broken when you speak

Silence is the answer

#6 P?

[The lack of confidence is the downfall of some. But overconfidence is the downfall of many.]

Quote by Anjhurintaffy : nice rhyme......... well i don't think glass is liquid in nature?? but a
liquid that breaks?? maybe water when it's ice, and it cuts??

Thanks, not written by me and now that I look at it, it's kinda vague ^_^'
Actually, you had it the first time. It's glass, which is formed from a liquid =]

Quote by serendipityangelkate your's was really hard but some people choose their coffins before they die.
I just read CTEon's #3 and realized. is it the word wholesome

Yup, I agree. I like that coffin riddle =d

a new one? This one shouldn't be too hard =]
[a] Golden treasures I contain, guarded by hundreds and thousands. Stored in a labyrinth where no man walks, yet men come often to seize my gold. By smoke I am overcome and
robbed, then left to build my treasure anew. What am I?

And here's another one. I like this one ^^
(b) Two bodies have I, though both joined in one; the longer I stand the quicker I run.
What am I?

This one's...lol, here I'll just let you judge:
[c] The Pope has it but he does not use it.
Your father has it but your mother uses it.
Nuns do not need it.
Your lady friend's husband has it and she uses it. What is it?

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

hum the last one i won't answer, though i guess i know the answer *whispers in taffy's ear* XP

a) i don't get that one, it seems strange to me, but maybe it's love.... cause you can deceive someone (by smoke i am overcome) and many men want the treasure of love = the heart ??

b) no idea ^_^'

umm...Didn't quite catch that Anjhurin ^^; Whisper louder! haha

a) Good guess, but nope ^^ lol, maybe you've been thinking about Valentine's Day a lot? =]

b) It's a tough one. Keep trying :)

Quote by taffystarOoo, interesting one ^^
i remember this one, but don't remember again ^_^'

I'll add one too:
Though liquid in nature, don't push me too far; for then I will break, and the damage may scar. What am I?

a sweat? maybe..

WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

~Title eh?~ *evil*

Quote by TriQueTra

Quote by taffystarOoo, interesting one ^^
i remember this one, but don't remember again ^_^'I'll add one too:

a sweat? maybe..

No. I've heard that one before. It's glass.
And for taffy's other riddles...
[a] A beehive
(b) An hourglass
[c] A last name.

Here is one from me:
He who has it doesn't tell it.
He who takes it doesn't know it.
He who knows it doesn't want it.
What is it?

CTEon

CTEon

EEEK...I'm gone for 3 days and so many riddles :D...well thx for keeping it alive while I was out of town...let's see ...can't say I remember the answer for the latest riddle e.e...but here's a few more I'm putting up since all of my previous ones are already solved x_x...there will be variety though since err...I'm using some riddles from a site I used to go to and thy also incorporated trivia among other things

#14 Difficulty very hard (if you haven't done it before)
- My friend owns a huge multinational company, it strangely transports insects, he also loves word play, I guess that's why he named the company ????????? Ltd

#15 Difficulty Normal
- I have won medals in 1904, 1905, 1914, 1954 and 1981.

Who am i?

#16 Difficulty normal-hard
- Heo I am a message about?

I will have tips up for #14 soon enough cos at the site where it used to be...out of the first 5000 people that ventured only 2 dozen passed it e.e

WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

~Title eh?~ *evil*

I've heard of riddle #14 but I've never heard of the other two :sweat:
For riddle #14 I think the answer is important. I was told it a long time ago.
I can't figure out #15 and I don't understand #16 XD

CTEon

CTEon

curse ye for hearing it :x...that thing was bloody hard too and I got it by sheer luck actually =D...oh well that's number 14 down...for #15 the tip is the actual answer is the name of a person but technically he/she is not a human e.e...and #16 you have to think about what is missing...hope that helps ^^

WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

~Title eh?~ *evil*

I still don't get them :sweat: #15 name of a person that is not human?!? I'm lost OX #16 Hello? I don't know x_x

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.