Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Harry Potter and the Half -Blood Prince - Minitokyo

Harry Potter and the Half -Blood Prince

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Well its official, the next book has been revealed and its due out July 16th. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm so excited about it! Its already on the best sellers list because of all the pre-orders coming in...
So what are your thoughts? Are you excited? Who do you think the main character death will be? Is the half-blood prince Voldemort, or someone different all together?

Signature

ManOnFire

ManOnFire

Fiery wrath time! MWAHAHAHA!

Awesome! Harry Potter is a great book! Interesting title, Harry Potter and the Half -Blood Prince... Can't wait! Oh, isn't Voldemort the dark lord? I think it's another character.

If it's red or fiery, I'll pay attention! WOOHOO! If it's red and fiery, GIMME!
Check my fiery userpage! (though I'm no photoshop expert):
Signature Image
Signature image made by ShueiTenshi. Thanks!

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

XD I can't wait for it to come out...I'll probably get the UK version though, the American ones have changes in them >_>

Quote by ManOnFireOh, isn't Voldemort the dark lord? I think it's another character.

Yeah, but he's also a half-blood, so it could very well be him.

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by zephiris26XD I can't wait for it to come out...I'll probably get the UK version though, the American ones have changes in them >_>

really? what is changed? i didn't know that... I know the first books title was changed slightly, but thats all i thought...

Signature

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by skysong

Quote by zephiris26XD I can't wait for it to come out...I'll probably get the UK version though, the American ones have changes in them >_>

really? what is changed? i didn't know that... I know the first books title was changed slightly, but thats all i thought...

No, some of the dialogue is different from the UK versions...XD you should read one of the French ones, the translation is horrible XD The title has absolutely no resemblance to the oroignal XD It's called "Harry Potter à l'école des sorciers", which translates into "Harry Potter at Wizard School"...I saw it in the library and almost peed myself laughing ^_^'

ManOnFire

ManOnFire

Fiery wrath time! MWAHAHAHA!

Quote by zephiris26...he's also a half-blood, so it
could very well be him.

Nope. I just checked HERE. According to the article, it definitely isn't Voldemort or Harry; it's someone new.

If it's red or fiery, I'll pay attention! WOOHOO! If it's red and fiery, GIMME!
Check my fiery userpage! (though I'm no photoshop expert):
Signature Image
Signature image made by ShueiTenshi. Thanks!

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by ManOnFire

Quote by zephiris26...he's also a half-blood, so itcould very well be him.

Nope. I just checked HERE. According to the article, it definitely isn't Voldemort or Harry; it's someone new.

ohhh, interesting...who could it be??

Signature

I remember somewhere, someone saying that the half-blood prince was neither Harry or Voldemort.

For more theories

http://www.veritaserum.com/theories/

Lost as in a dream I seek the shadow Of one who has Swirled away... Abandoning friends, Abandoning humanity.
What awaits us all Is the path to emptiness. Knowing my heart The flowers weep, And the wild birds cry.

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by ManOnFire

Quote by zephiris26...he's also a half-blood, so itcould very well be him.

Ooh, thanks.

GutsyAnime

GutsyAnime

Hardcore Gamer

I love Harry Potter, I can't wait to get my little hands on a copy of the next book. I remember waiting 6 months to get the Order of the Phoenix and it drove me nuts, looks like I am in for another haul.

DSJFX18

DSJFX18

Destiny

I'm not that excited, but still..i await it.....
At this point...i dun't really care who dies....=P
just kinda lost interest in it...... ^_^'

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by GutsyAnimeI love Harry Potter, I can't wait to get my little hands on a copy of the next book. I remember waiting 6 months to get the Order of the Phoenix and it drove me nuts, looks like I am in for another haul.

Yeah, i remember it was like 2 years in between the 3rd and 4th book. i could hardly stand it!

Signature

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

I absolutely can't wait!!! XD
I think there are a lot of possibilities on who the "Half Blood Prince" is......oooooo can't wait to find out!!!
I heard some rumors that (a) Dumbledore was revealed to be related to Voldemort.......
(b)Hermione invented a device which allows Harry to talk to his parents........
and (c) Harry's new love interest is Patil???
mmmm I'll be counting down the days until July 16th!!!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by LucyXlostangelwingsI absolutely can't wait!!! XD
I think there are a lot of possibilities on who the "Half Blood Prince" is......oooooo can't wait to find out!!!
I heard some rumors that (a) Dumbledore was revealed to be related to Voldemort.......
(b)Hermione invented a device which allows Harry to talk to his parents........
and (c) Harry's new love interest is Patil???
mmmm I'll be counting down the days until July 16th!!!

hmmm, interesting tidbits Lucy... that would be pretty interesting if Dumbledore was related, but i don't see hows thats possible...but who knows? Harry and Patil? hmmm, she seems to be a bit stuck up sometimes so i hope not! That would be cool if Harry could talk to his parents in some way! And Sirius too! I keep hoping he is still alive somehow... -_-

Signature

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Quote by zephiris26No, some of the dialogue is different from the UK versions...XD you should read one of the French ones, the translation is horrible XD The title has absolutely no resemblance to the oroignal XD It's called "Harry Potter à l'école des sorciers", which translates into "Harry Potter at Wizard School"...I saw it in the library and almost peed myself laughing ^_^'

hum.. okay, i know the translation of the title is not exactly litteral, but they wanted to adapt the book to the kids too, which didn't help... and i doubt the translation "Harry Potter et la pierre philosophale" would have caught their attention...
overall it's not such a bad translation... imagin if they wouldn't have translated the names either.., French readers would have missed a lot of information... and they made a lot of efforts to come up with some of these...
i study in translation, and i know how hard it is to translate sometimes... especially if you want to stick to the text, sometimes it's just not possible... you also have to adapt the text to the readers... it's not as simple as it looks... there are a lot of things to consider... it's not just about the language...

as for the book, i can't wait to get it.. but this summer, i most likely won't stay in the city, so i'll have to wait a few months before the small library i go to gets it (the suppliers of the books seem to believe that people from the region can't read in English it seems... they send all the copies everywhere else (big cities..., and we only get the leftovers months after everyone else...T_T)

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

I'm awaiting it's arrival with eager anticipation. I've considered a pre-order but I jumped the gun with HP & The Order of the Phoenix and there were plenty of copies of the book on store shelves on the release date. I can't wait to snuggle up in bed with a nice heavy tome to leaf through again. *sighs blissfully*

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

I've been waiting for this book to come out for a very long time. I heard about it in November! This is going to be a very long wait.

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

oooooo Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ^_^ i knew it would come out somwhere in July since a month or so ago. i luv all the Harry Potter books and can hardly wait for the next one. i wanna see how Harry has become as he get a year older and how Sirius's death will affect him.

Signature

triofpwr

triofpwr

the dr.d of pain

man i'm waiting i recorded for when the book is coming out something 16th i think i have it on my calander and i'm buying it a midnight again and finish maybe in the same day if possible

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by triofpwrman i'm waiting i recorded for when the book is coming out something 16th i think i have it on my calander and i'm buying it a midnight again and finish maybe in the same day if possible

haha, I like to try and make the book last longer so I don't miss a single word. I have to make myself put it down, otherwise I would just read the whole day long!

Signature

Can't wait to get another Harry Potter book. I still havn't finished Order of Pheonix but hopefully get finished before the release.

whippy

whippy

Ero Kappa

Whatever it is.. sirius black should BE RESURRECTED!!
I'm being bitter but that's because I think OoTP is kinda crappy.. not because Sirius being dead and all.. but I think Rowling has started to loose her touch

I can't wait for this!!!!^^ Hehe,I'm so exciting about this!^^ This series is so great!^^
Hehe,but I can't guess who will died,a important character,who will?

Try to be cool but..... Try to be easy but..... So I still do myself !!!

Waii! Harry Potter!! *dances around like a baka* Yes, it is coming out soon^u^ I've seen pre-order offers here as well~ Though I have to admit I haven taken the time to nag my mom to buy it yet XD *Salutes all the Sirius fans* I'm sorry guys, but I don't think we'll be seeing good ol' Snuffles any time...I hope Half Blood Prince wouldn't be so angsty as Ootp...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.