Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wat the good things of Linux red hat! - Minitokyo

Wat the good things of Linux red hat!

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Criox

Criox

~LoNe BaNcHoU oF MiNiToKyO~

I am currently doing a survey of this topic so I nd some information bout it! Wats ur opion bout Linux? I will be grateful to those who give me a reply! Thks! ^^

~SpInnIng ThE NeW ThReAd oF CrEaTiOn~
Signature

Well, specifically Red Hat, I made $2,000+ in stocks by investing in them. I would have made $10,000 if I hadn't pulled my money out.

Go to [url=www.gnu.org]GNU[/url] and read about GNU Philosophy and copyleft protection. If you understand these teaching, you will understand why linux users love linux over windows. You'll understand why Macintosh software (OS X) is now based on linux (bsd). Most people believe linux to be free, as in free beer, free toys, free stuff. Although you can get linux "for free," it's really about freedom of speech.

Second, I love linux becuase so many people are out there contributing. There is a love for it that I hope will never die.

Update: Err, had a couple of typos :P

"May the aquisition of wealth no longer be your driving force." - freshblueO2

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." - Mother Teresa

squeeb0y

Pantsu Inspector

my advice, if you wanna know about linux, is after you read up on it like freshblue suggested, you download and burn a copy of knoppix (you can get it at linuxiso.org, completely free of course). you can run the whole OS off of the cd, and test it out, and have some fun with it. it's really good at auto-detecting hardware, and if you have broadband, you ought to be connected by the time you're booted all the way in. so if you want to get a no-commitment taste of linux, that's what i would suggest.

-Never knows best-

um.. depends about what you need, notebook.. I guess one of best support it's done by suse professional 9.2.. also if I could prefer install gentoo (not for newbie) or slackware (idem). if for a laptop, well for a working machine I wouldn't install debian but if I need to use it as gw then it's the best solution..
I'm currently running a slackware server with 460 days uptime, and a gentoo one with uptime about 200 days.. and another slackware on notebook and works pretty good, red hat.. well.. it's not bad, but not the one I like to install for myself ^_^

"Theory is knowledge that doesn't work. Practice is when everything works and you don't know why." (Hermann Hesse)

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

Quote by squeeb0ymy advice, if you wanna know about linux, is after you read up on it
like freshblue suggested, you download and burn a copy of knoppix (you
can get it at linuxiso.org, completely free of course).

Don't forget about MandrakeMove from www.mandrakelinux.com . I downloaded the CD and after giving it a little try, I just wanted to stop using that crapy Win Xp and download the 3 Mandrake 10.1 discs (it will really take a while cause I have dial).

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

aemil

aemil

Mega-newb

Personally, I've always been a big fan of the 'Hat. It has great support, and I think that it has one of the easier Linux installs. While other distributions of Linux others might offer better features, I have always found that I could usually get a Red Hat computer doing what I needed it to do the quickest.

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

Out of the distributions of linux I have used (slackware, redhat fc2, mandrake, debian, gentoo, and knoppix), I definitely prefer Debian. I find it has the best blend of really convienent features like apt (great package management tool) and still doesn't mess with you or have too much bloat like redhat and mandrake do.

Signature Image

sanmadjack

sanmadjack

Tube tops are too cylindrical

I recommend Ubuntu. It's debian based, and they ship free CDs! It comes with a LiveCD to try it out and an install CD for when you're converted. http://ubuntulinux.org/

Signature
Registered Linux user 395626
Hi-Res Icons - http://www.rabiez.tk/
Want a gmail address? Let me know, I've got invites coming out of my butt!

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.