Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 To download or not to download. that is the question - Minitokyo

To download or not to download. that is the question

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 50 total items

Hmm im guessing a majority of us here download anime so I wanted to hear your opinions. Do you think its right to download anime at all? or maybe just those not licensed? Let me hear what you think!

There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only necessity...

I just DL those that are unlicensed

I dl licensed and unlicensed and raw...and I eventually wind up buying the DVDs when they come out so, dling anime is "right" to me.

DaveTheInsane

DaveTheInsane

hou je bek

eh I download it all.....the stuff that i like anyway

I KNOW YOU'RE HERE. YOU LEFT A TRAIL OF HEAD JUICE
manhunt

People LISTEN TO ME I CAN'T DRAW ALLTHAT WELL, AND HAVEEN'T SUBMITTED MY OWN DRAWING YET.

FallenAngel

FallenAngel

dead 12/28/08

I only download unlicensed anime and immediately stop when it gets licensed. I also buy a lot of anime dvd's, especially of stuff that I have downloaded as fansubs before.

i dl everything, and if i like the show ill get the dvds when they come out

I download everything I like, licensed or not.. I've pre-ordered the Saikano DVDs, which is going to be my first anime to buy. I don't download manga tho...

rawr~

dustin

dustin

Gem Stone

Everything is legal untill you get caught said one online friend of mine. Go figure.

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

^^ i download all of them...except manga...i buy the series on DVD which i liked (if it comes out of course) other than that...to me dloading anime is legal as long as nobody sue's me for it :D

dArkaNGeL

dArkaNGeL

.. you in the real world?

I only download manga. I hate it when i'm starting to get addicted to a manga and then gets licensed... sigh

Signature
member of Oishi Nihon, Kasumi-chan and Ecchi-Club

Download it all, it doesn't matter,

Quote by dustinEverything is legal untill you get caught.

^.^

Dl unlicenced series but if it get licenced... i'll try to complete it quickly, hehe.
Want to know the end... T_T *sigh*

Anime-Kun.net | De Cendres (audio project)

I download it all. It's just like the mp3 thing. It comes down to this. Unless you are out selling the anime's or music or mangas or whatever, then I don't see a problem. It sucks to get into an anime and then it get licensed and what are you suppose to do. Let's take Inu Yasha as an example. There is like 180+ episodes to that series. If you bought all dvd's with only 4 or 5 episodes apiece at 20 bucks a pop, you'd spend rounghly 900 bucks on the damned dvd's alone. Now some people will do that, cause ya know, if it's something you like then great. But REALLY how many of us have that kinda money to blow? I sure don't.

If something comes out on DVD that I really dig, like Cowboy Bebop or FLCL, I'll buy it on DVD, because there is extras and all that inside, plus it's dubbed which is great. So I'm all for downloading. I think there is way more important things our governtment shoudl be doing then dealing with 12 yr old kids downloading music from Napster. Come on, that's just sad!

Sorry, got on a tangent there *L* I'm really not that insane!

"I shall call him 'Squishy,' and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy." - [Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) from Finding Nemo]

Thats qutie true. Probably one of the big factors which cause us to dl is because of the price... Its as if anime was for the rich =X *sigh* my wage cant handle the price of that many dvds

There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only necessity...

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

I don't know why anime dvds are so expensive here (usually about $35 AUD each). If they were cheaper like around $20, then I would get a lot more - right now they're at rip-off prices.
The store labeller must find it difficult to write on the displays "ONLY $34.95!!".

I only download unlicensed anime, other than that I just rent dvds out.

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

I just get my friend to download everything for me. So I guess licensed and unlicensed...once something is licensed though, I don't really care(does anyone? :D) and keep downloading it.

platinumsword

platinumsword

Hmm i juz started to download some unlicensed ...I dun mind as long i get to watch what i downloaded..Heh~

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

I download it all, oh get people to download it all for me. If the licensers didn't want me to dowload it, they would put a lot more episodeds per DVD and sell them for a whole lot less. Though I on occassion buy stuff used.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

i download everythign that fall into my hands and im interested in: animes software, music...its not right but personally, i consider that its not right to sell those thing so high, prizes that are far from the quality of the thign they want to sell. to prevetn mp3 downloading, people suggested to lower the cds prize, its too expensive?? fuk that ill just download it off the net. and for animes, ill never buy some of those anime once those EVIL ENGLISH DUBS are added, ill maybe buy some dvds if i can get some with japanese voices and subtitles, cuz for my opinion, english voices really destry the quality of an anime. then for some software, for example, my father was looking for a software that could give more details for his maps to put them into his GPS, in order to get the name of the lakes and thign liek that, the software cost around 160$CAN, does it really worth to spend so much money for almost nothing more.i say it, ill buy only thing that worth to be bought.

FallenAngel

FallenAngel

dead 12/28/08

Quote by PTGIf the licensers didn't want me to dowload it, they would put a lot more episodeds per DVD and sell them for a whole lot less.

I don't know if you know this but Japanese people have to pay about twice as much for the dvds and they usually have half as much episodes compared to their american counterparts. Some people in Japan actually import stuff from here becuase it's cheaper. I for one am glad that anime doesn't cost nearly as much as it does over there.

i say dl because alot of great anime's dont ever reach the US

-Kassie

I download everything...licensed, unlicensed, manga, etc... If I really like a series, and it's dubbed by a DECENT (no hack'n'slash episode editing) company, I will go out and buy the DVDs to support the industry ya know. But if it's a series I'm not really crazy about, but I find somewhat interesting, I'll just DL the fansubs and burn em onto DVD. Fansubbing is far superior to any job done by the dubbers anyway... I also download anime OSTs and manga, with the same criteria in mind:

1) if I like it, I go out and buy it
2) if I don't care I just keep or delete what I download

The same holds true for software *shifty eyes* not that I'm saying I DL pirated software or anything, but if I'm just gonna screw around and have fun with some professional-grade software, there's no way I'm going out and blowing over $1k (PhotoshopCS is what I'm referring to). Now, with stuff I use ALL the time (mostly games) I will go out and buy it.

In the end, I suppose it comes down to personal preference, morals, ethics, etc... After all if you think about it, downloading just about anything is illegal according to the letter of the law, if not the spirit of the law.

and I can always get R0 DVDs ripped in Hong Kong for dirt cheap! yaaaay, anime flows into my possession once again!

Three things are certain in this life...
Death, Taxes, and Horrible Dubs!

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

I download anything I like, but when it comes out on dvd I buy it. Example. I started watching Hellsing on the Internet, bought the dvd and right now I trying my best to download Fullmetal Alchemist episodes and since it has been licensed, as soon as I see a dvd, I'm buying (epicially since I have a summer job) because I like watching animes on tv and not on my computeré

Signature Image

FallenAngel

FallenAngel

dead 12/28/08

Quote by anime-fan-86Fansubbing is far superior to any job done by the dubbers anyway

That's not really true btw. Fansubbers have to rely on hearing what the characters say while the studios actually have the script from the show. And most companies release unedited subbed versions of a series, the only company that I know of that doesn't is 4kids.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 50 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.