Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 BETTER: To Have Loved and Lost OR to Never have Loved? - Minitokyo

BETTER: To Have Loved and Lost OR to Never have Loved?

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Moonbeam

Moonbeam

M i n i t o k y o

Is It Better To Have Loved And Lost OR To Have Never Have Loved? and Why?

>_< x_x >.< o_0 :\ :nerd: ~_~ :( <_< :sweat: >_> XO -_- :o >=( OX :x T_T

Signature

Luali

Celestial Love

If you've loved and lost then you have the loss still, but if you haven't loved then you won't know what love feels like and won't miss it...

Although, love is a fantastic feeling ....

*in love*

To never love. I had a girlfriend who committed suicide, and having her so violently torn from me almost made me never want to get near anyone again...

I'd rather never feel love than to feel it, have it torn away, and have other consequences.

To never have loved...

-Never love anything, for it will be taken away-
-Death is not the end of life, contrarily it is the beginning of it-
-I do not care so much that they respect me, only that they fear me-
-Happily-ever-after is a lie-

Agreed with ManuallyBlinking - rather having never felt love than to have been destroyed by it.

If animals aren't supposed to be eaten - why are they made out of meat?

Question from highlander in movie it was so sad to lokk at love which is lost and never can be done but i think its better to have love and lost it then never have it of course you will have pain after t but you will remember also good moments

Kachie-chan

Kachie-chan

"Kay-chee-chan"

To haved loved and lost.

It would hurt more than anything - but you have loved, and were loved, and no-one could ever take that away from you.

Lol, get me..

Sigourney

Sigourney

perfectAssassin

To have loved and lost...

Signature Image
Showtaro Morikubo-sama~<333

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

Personally... I think it'd be better never to have loved at all. I dunno... it just seems that to love someone completely, and then lose them completely would be awful--would leave one as a complete shell, in fact.

Signature
New Wallpapers: Monochrome Etude
Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

Kachie-chan

Kachie-chan

"Kay-chee-chan"

Quote by ManuallyBlinkingTo never love. I had a girlfriend who committed suicide, and having her so violently torn from me almost made me never want to get near anyone again...
I'd rather never feel love than to feel it, have it torn away, and have other consequences.

I'm sorry you had to go through something like that. <3

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Excellent thread! For those who don't recognize the poem from which the quotation comes from. . .

Quote by Alfred, Lord Tennyson, from In Memoriam (stanza xxvii)
I envy not in any moods
The captive void of noble rage,
The linnet born within the cage,
That never knew the summer woods:
I envy not the beast that takes

His license in the field of time,
Unfetter'd by the sense of crime,
To whom a conscience never wakes;

Nor, what may count itself as blest,
The heart that never plighted troth
But stagnates in the weeds of sloth;
Nor any want-begotten rest.

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by shinsengumiExcellent thread! For those who don't recognize the poem from which the quotation comes from. . .

I envy not in any moods
The captive void of noble rage,
The linnet born within the cage,
That never knew the summer woods:
I envy not the beast that takes

His license in the field of time,
Unfetter'd by the sense of crime,
To whom a conscience never wakes;

Nor, what may count itself as blest,
The heart that never plighted troth
But stagnates in the weeds of sloth;
Nor any want-begotten rest.

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;

**Claps and smiles** shinsengumi, that poem was one of my all time favorites, and it sums it up all here.

My friends think otherwise, but the best way to put it is to have better to have been loved and lost. Than never to have been loved at all.

With my best friend whom she passed away, and my caring family still here with me, supporting my every cause, I would have been better if I felt loved for sure. It's a wonderful feeling to embrace indeed.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I think like some many " it's better to love and lost... then to have never love at all " My reasons revolves around life and the people you meet ( family, friends, love ones, etc. ) For I believe it is better know someone...

What they been through... what they fear?
To feel all their sorrow... and cried all their tears...
There and then love comes in play
Whether it's friends, family, or just wanted to say...
And knowing this... your heart might be in danger...
Though it's better to Love and Lost then to realizes you're just a stranger ^^'

Atlease that's what I think ;) and I felt like rhyming ^_^'

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

it is better to have loved and lost... i lost someone that i loved sometime ago. we actually were to married. two days after he proposed to me, he got into a big accident and died. a lot of people kept telling me that maybe it would have been better if we had never met, but I don't agree with them. he brought a lot of joy into my life. showed me things i probably would never have seen. i miss him very much, but i know that he loved me very much. i would never trade any of that for the world. :)

Signature Image

* : )

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

better to have loved, and lost. even if its painful to lose that special someone, its something you can learn from right? and love is a wonderful thing... tho i haven't be in love before... but it definitely is!

when you're in love, you spend the happiest times together, to make someone happy, and to happy because of someone. That is probably the best feeling in the world

and to ManuallyBlinking, i'm sorry about ur girlfriend :(, and to Wahiawagirl78 too about your husband-to-be

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

Aoko-chan

Aoko-chan

Sky Reflection

It's difficult to decide... love is the greatest feeling, it changes your life and it's just wonderful; but sometimes you suffer a lot coz of love, and if you never have loved you never have suffer but don't know the marvelous it is... it's so difficult.

*I'm in love baaaaaaaaad... I miss my sweetie so much... T_T*

Signature
Miembro de:[Hispanime]. Vivan los hispanos~~!! - [Aoi-Nanase] - [Starlight-Shine] - ~Day-Dreamerz~
I hope it's not only me, do you understand?

Yea, Love is so fuzzy and nice and warm etcetc for me to want to pay the price. Nothing is free, and love is not an exception.

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Though I've never been in love and loved in return, I say it's better to have loved and lost than to never have been loved. My reasoning is this, I had a friend who fell in love with one of my mates. She was suffering a terminal illness and passed away alot sooner than we had expected. My mate and the girl dated for only a brief time, and after she died our group of friends that had been supporting her grew even more closer together. I think all of us took something out of that period in our lives, and I'm sure my mate doesn't regret that time either.

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

I envy not in any moods The captive void of noble rage,
The linnet born within the cage, That never knew the summer woods:
I envy not the beast that takes His license in the field of time,
Unfetter'd by the sense of crime, To whom a conscience never wakes;
Nor, what may count itself as blest, The heart that never plighted troth
But stagnates in the weeds of sloth; Nor any want-begotten rest.
I hold it true, whate'er befall; I feel it, when I sorrow most;

Ohh I luff Tennyson. His poems are beautiful.

I have agree that it is better to have loved and lost. Love is an exquisite feeling; if you never knew what it is like, you die deprived of something important. It's easy to say that you don't care when you haven't known love. Once you know what it is like, can you truly let it go? Truly?

- This Free Life Crisis -

"Is it better to have loved and lost or never loved at all?? Is it better to have never loved and never lost at all??"

but then again some say to have never loved is the greatest lost of all :)

Signature
"If I love you this much and I'm not the one for you, than the one for you will be everything I am, and everything I'm not."

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

why is it that people think that if one has never loved they don't suffer as those who have? looking at others in friendship and love and caring, and knowing that you don't have that hurts as much as losing one that you have loved. the feeling of loneliness and solitude that comes from feeling loved is terrible and should never be felt by anyone. All of this life is friendship, companionship with those that love you and who you love. it is better to have loved and lost love than to never have loved and known love.

Signature

to have loved and lost
love is special, you get to share good times, bad times and sad times
its a great learning experience and it feels good to know someone cares for you as much as you care for them

all i know is if you find someone you love, stick with them cause its not everyday u meet someone you can spend the rest of ur life with

Signature

"I think I want to be forgiven..... Yeah, I want to be forgiven"
Cloud Strife - Final Fantasy Advent Children

Moonbeam

Moonbeam

M i n i t o k y o

Love is strong yet delicate.
It can be broken.
To truly love is to understand this.
To be in love is to respect this.
- Stephen Packer -

Thank-you everyone for all your comments and thoughts. They are insightful and full of pure emotion and feeling.

Signature

to have love and lost

Signature

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.